Oldham v Warrington

Roughyedz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So our 16 fit men + the 3 Huddersfield DRs.  

Dickinson is named in Fartown's 19 for their game against Loiners tomorrow.  If he ends up in the 17 he's cup-tied.  I suppose it'll all depend on the result of that game to see who we have available come Saturday.

Just been on sky sports and every club has a team list bar Oldham if they only have 16 players as stated above why are they not listed poor show from club thought full time CEO , or chairman could issue a team sheet to the press for biggest game in 20 years but maybe that's why Oldham are playing in another town

What a positive ray of sunshine little no it all, what's it matter if there is no team sheet on sky, why is it the clubs fault,squads are available from various sources,I'm sure if sky wanted to they could find a squad list. Anyway huge game tomorrow,no pressure on our lads, get behind them as always,our vocal support will be needed without doubt.I'm not actually that bothered about the result as such,the lads will give 100%, no injuries and a good performance will do me fine.

Just been on sky sports and every club has a team list bar Oldham if they only have 16 players as stated above why are they not listed poor show from club thought full time CEO , or chairman could issue a team sheet to the press for biggest game in 20 years but maybe that's why Oldham are playing in another town

Sigh. 

sorry but with a squad of 25 players and only 16 fit Oldham will not shock Warrington prep

So young kids going to watch tomorrow might ask about Oldham players but if going for the first time you would have nothing to say so straight away club has lost that chance of young supporter making any connection with a Oldham player

my point is why are Oldham the only team with no squad named if I was a player I would want to see my name out there

This little thing just shows how Oldham rugby is being held back due to one person

We don't have a squad of 25 players, I wish we had! The squad list is available, the first team including pics are listed on the club website,Scott Naylor is not picking the actual team until tomorrow. The gripe you have is its not listed on sky, try rugbyleague.com the squad is available there every week 48 hrs before the game. Skysport is not the be all and end all of information about teams/squads. Exactly, this one little thing that is completely insignificant must be holding the club back immensely, maybe the negativity and stayaways for whatever reason have no effect on holding the club back.Without more supporters turning up how do we get more players? The team pull their tripe out every week amd still negativity and apathy remain. Unbelievable.

Giants just beat Leeds.  So that means any DR contribution tomorrow will depend on the graciousness of Giants.  Worst case scenario means we have a squad of 16 players to face the Super League leaders.

Maybe us home and away die-hards need to be the 17th and 18th man tomorrow.   Bring it on. 

Well done to all the Oldham players. In the end Warrington were just too fast and strong.

But, why did the ref need to help Warrington back into the game just before half time. Alright Wartington would easily win in the end and we all realised that, but seriously some of his discisions were awful. They just slowed the ruck down and messed. My real gripe was the number of forward passes in the second half that directly led to tries.

As I said Warrington were always going to beat but really didn't need this guy assisting them as he did

Can't complain today, Warrington were awesome. Oldham never quit and probably didn't deserve 70 put past us. The Wire fans I came across were a credit to RL and wished us all the best,they didn't crow about hammering us. Brilliant day all round, RL was the winner today.

Can't complain today, Warrington were awesome.

Total farce nowadays the Challenge Cup. Don't know why they don't abandon all the scheisse and hypocrisy and let the SL over-subsidised prima donnas have it all to themselves from the start and stop all the pretending it's still the RL Challenge Cup. (We, Swinton, got stuffed 112-0 at Warrington in the CC only a few years back). It is quite simply ludicrous to think that players out at work all week can hope to compete in this present setup (apart from the occasional surprise like at Craven Park, Hull recently).

:tease:

Just maybe they were waiting for the result of the Huddersfield match. 

Just had a great day out watching Oldham v Wires , want to thank the Oldham fans for the  warm welcome they gave to  North  Wales Crusaders fans who came up by  by train to watch the game, different class thanks. good luck rest of season

Absolutely gutted for the lads The RFL seriously need to look at the officials behaviour throughout. The RFL have lost control of the forward pass and it seems standard practice in SL now. The disallowed try that would have made it 12-6. The touch judge bottled it The second half Warrington try where the scorer was clearly held up.The knock ons directly under the nose of the referee that led to two of the tries and a couple of the worst penalty decisions I have seen in many years. 

It was never going to be anything but hard against a very well prepared team. Very professional and treated Oldham with respect. The Wires skill levels, strength and fitness was beyond the brave efforts of our never say die team who kept going to the bitter end.

Warrington were not complacent  and they have to be commended for that, but the scoreline is an unfair reflection of the days play.

The RFL seriously need to look at the officials behaviour throughout. The RFL have lost control of the forward pass and it seems standard practice in SL now.

The RFL? If ever an organisation was run by people who were plainly unfit for purpose it is the beloved RFL. Once upon a time it was run by rugby league people through and through. Now it's run by Sky's 'yes men' who really know nothing about the game at all. You may think I'm joking but I would seriously have them all put up against a wall and shot, because that's all they're fit for.

Archived