London Broncos - Trailfinders Ground

Simples - no turnstiles and a shortage of, um, comfort stations, which are things that Health and Safety and the police get involved with. Back in the eighties the Metropolitan Police started with a base figure of 500 speccies per turnstile when working out a stadium's safe capacity and there aint none at Trailfinders.

Trestle tables turnstiles pretty much the same thing. Apparently. If its a particularly windy day the 'till' will blow away too making a nice windfall for the neighbours. Its all a bit village fete.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Simples - no turnstiles and a shortage of, um, comfort stations, which are things that Health and Safety and the police get involved with. Back in the eighties the Metropolitan Police started with a base figure of 500 speccies per turnstile when working out a stadium's safe capacity and there aint none at Trailfinders.

I guess the most relevant question is can they be installed, ie increased toileting capacity and turnstiles, plus additional covered seating. I suggest they can without too much trouble.

We might have a trestle table but at least we don't have crumbling concrete stands that were built in 1923 with weeds growing through the 3 inch wide cracks below our feet like most of our oh so wise northern friends.

How do you propose that we go from where we are now to being a successful SL club?

What should our ambition be to exactly?

1. In the same manner the sport requires any ambitious Champ club to be a successful SL club

2. Well, it sounded to me like there was no ambition. After all it sounds like you are satisfied with playing 2nd tier footy at Trailfinders

For me.... My wish, rather than ambition (I am not currently in a position to influence the strategy, actions and behaviours at the club) for London Broncos would be to win SL fixtures and titles, playing out of a worthy stadium in front of the league's biggest average crowds.

That is besides the point of the thread. Trailfinders is a cow paddock pitch hardly worthy of the Championship, let alone SL.

It's suitable for tier 2 RU, which is far bigger in London, so must be suitable for the Championship.

What London do if they go up is another question. Is planning required for portaloos and turnstiles? I only recall 2, maybe 4 being in opertion in Barnet for the big stand. Entered via the clubhouse for the other stand, as terraces behind the posts were never open. Seems like they'd only need 2.

That is besides the point of the thread. Trailfinders is a cow paddock pitch hardly worthy of the Championship, let alone SL.

What the hell are you on about!  Cow paddock pitch?!  it's a faultless, flat, 3g pitch!

It's suitable for tier 2 RU, which is far bigger in London, so must be suitable for the Championship.

What London do if they go up is another question. Is planning required for portaloos and turnstiles? I only recall 2, maybe 4 being in opertion in Barnet for the big stand. Entered via the clubhouse for the other stand, as terraces behind the posts were never open. Seems like they'd only need 2.

The terraces were open for the first few games

_77569952_hive.jpg

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

The Trailfinders ground is perfect for Super League.

I'm shocked no one has mentioned the 30 foot giant screen in the bar.

Well there are no turnstiles which is surely a safety issue if you get 3000+ turning up? 

Archived