Workington Town (Away) - Sun 14 August. Predictions/Thoughts

Netherton Ram

Please post your predictions and thoughts on this post for our second game of the Championship Shield.

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough game at the wrong time

Workington wounded from last week and time for them running out rapidly, do feel their ship has sailed.. But expect them to be well up for this encounter

Again it's all about 2 points this weekend

I'll settle for a 1-0 Nigel Stephenson style victory

With one man & his dog there

I cannot go as unfortunately I'm washing my hair Sunday ;)

On another note oldham vs Swinton this weekend.. Worst case scenario is a draw for us

And that's not going to happen

Is it ;)

Tough game at the wrong time

Workington wounded from last week and time for them running out rapidly, do feel their ship has sailed.. But expect them to be well up for this encounter

Again it's all about 2 points this weekend

I'll settle for a 1-0 Nigel Stephenson style victory

With one man & his dog there

I cannot go as unfortunately I'm washing my hair Sunday ;)

On another note oldham vs Swinton this weekend.. Worst case scenario is a draw for us

And that's not going to happen

Is it ;)

Nice that common sense has prevailed and your back on the forum.

Once again we always seem to make hard work of the game with Workington.Two more wins will end any thought's of relegation.Won't happen Sunday:

Town 24 - 22 Rams.

Am I the only optimistic non Rams fan on here! Dewsbury by 14

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Am I the only optimistic non Rams fan on here! Dewsbury by 14

Unfortunately you've been spoiled watching your lot this season and not had to endure what we've been served up

That what fuels our optimism

Victory was snatched away on our last visit and could happen again on this visit

It's who turns up on the day and who wants it more..for me if Workington lose Sunday their just about down along with Whitehaven sad times for cumbria rugby league.

Workington are a poor side this year .....  but they have Jarrod Sammut!!   if he turns up Worky win!!!   if he doesn't we have a chance ... it would be a shame if Worky were relegated ( their fans are a credit to them and the banter between us and them is usually excellent)  ... but not at our expense ...  we still need the points!  

I do wonder if Sammut might try to prove to someone that he is worth a contract and produce the goods against us. On the other hand it takes more than one man to make a team and. as a team, they have performed very poorly in recent matches. Unfortunately so have we, IMO of course.

Will we turn up? Will our coaching team perform some minor miracles in training? Will we have a (or different) gameplan?

So many questions will make it a bit of a lottery.

Town 18 - 22 Rams

Att: not many at all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sammut is a very special player, but even if he turns up I believe we will be too strong for them. Workington would be further a drift without him and I'd be worried for the future if I was a worky fan but that's a different conversation.

Workington concede a lot of penalties so the penalty count might be bigger than the score. Keep Sykes in the centre, start Spicer.

Worky 16 v Rams 34

FTS - Kain

MOM - Farrell.

Att - a coach load from Owl Lane, a farmer and a sheepdog.

Would love to have sammut at Rams...

I would love sammut at the rams

But i also want a team around him

One man can't be a team

As Workington have found out to their cost this season

They may have faired better investing in more players rather than one golden egg surrounded by a load of duck eggs

I want an omelette where it all gels together and leaves a nice taste in my mouth

But we'll need a new chef to achieve that unfortunately and our beater is beaten ;)

I would love sammut at the rams

But i also want a team around him

One man can't be a team

As Workington have found out to their cost this season

They may have faired better investing in more players rather than one golden egg surrounded by a load of duck eggs

I want an omelette where it all gels together and leaves a nice taste in my mouth

But we'll need a new chef to achieve that unfortunately and our beater is beaten ;)

To be fair, I think you've had a Curate's Egg of a season.

As to the proportion of eggsellent bits to bad bits, I'll leave you to decide.

But unless he cracks, you'll have your Glorious Leader for next year as well.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Your yoking ;) ain't you mate

Some of his soldiers have not dipped themselves in glory this season,no eggreshion ;) at easter ;) in the derby..boiled by a very good egg side at leigh

He's omeletted players for no reason after hard ;) performance's where softer ;) players have kept in the coup

Our scrambled defence has been whisked away in countless occasions.

Apparently our new halfback is a lad called benedict ;)

That eggs belief ;)

Can anyone tell me is Glover fit yet??  Now we have him signed up for next season .....  his motivation should be spot on!!  and I think the way we played on Sunday (albeit only in patches)  ... he would fit in perfectly with Sykes and Kain.  I like Speakman for his effort, but he is not a championship half back, Glovers kicking game is infinitely better  ... I prefer Speakman at 9 with Conroy!  

Well I would also like to see Conroy playing again but, for whatever reason, he isn't getting a look in. I presume that he must have answered back.

I would like to see Glover get a chance at loose forward - in my view he has all of the attributes for a proper loose forward (as distinct from a supplementary second row that seems to be our current vogue). I am not sure if he is presently fit however.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Simple Sunday

Team that turns up wins

And it will be us ;)

Now there's confidence for you

Flipping the coin

If we can't beat a team that's on (in the words of forrest gump) it's buttocks

We need a new direction

;)

town in recent years have stood up when there backs are against the wall, but this time i just cant see some of the non locals being all too fussed about performing. Plus weve trained once in 3 weeks. Our club is a shambles in all honesty.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Pleased to see Glover in the 19 .... disappointed still no Conroy!!  also note no Spicer or Walshaw ... are they injured?

I'm not sure about Walshaw bit if you notice Spicer has been playing one game then resting the next. He continues to nurse a very painful chronic injury I believe.

Sammut is a very special player, but even if he turns up I believe we will be too strong for them. Workington would be further a drift without him and I'd be worried for the future if I was a worky fan but that's a different conversation.

Workington concede a lot of penalties so the penalty count might be bigger than the score. Keep Sykes in the centre, start Spicer.

Worky 16 v Rams 34

FTS - Kain

MOM - Farrell.

Att - a coach load from Owl Lane, a farmer and a sheepdog.

a full bus ? that will be a first  ;)

town in recent years have stood up when there backs are against the wall, but this time i just cant see some of the non locals being all too fussed about performing. Plus weve trained once in 3 weeks. Our club is a shambles in all honesty.

Well if any team can fall on their orses faced with a team in disarray ...........  step forward the Rams. :(

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Yes he seems to alternate with Tonks!! 

Also out, probably for the season.

Archived