24 Sept: Qualifiers: Hull KR v Huddersfield Giants KO 12:30 (TV)

To be fair to Sky they have never paid for there to be screens to be put up at any of the Middle Eight games, this season or last, so it isn't a case of picking on this match. I seem to recall there was one at Belle Vue for the MPG last year though so they may splash out next weekend for that. It doesn't have any effect on the VR process as such but it's nice to have.

Perhaps more clubs could install their own screens so they can rent them to Sky when they come to their grounds rather than a third party provider having to be involved.

f

That's probably true as no screen at Rovers v Leigh but why discriminate on middle 8 games......Sky choose to televise these games because they think they make good tv so why insult the paying species?

Or are they just out to get us? Infamy they've got it infamy.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f

That's probably true as no screen at Rovers v Leigh but why discriminate on middle 8 games......Sky choose to televise these games because they think they make good tv so why insult the paying species?

Or are they just out to get us? Infamy they've got it infamy.

It's hardly "discrimination" but I imagine it's an agreed part of the Super League TV deal for top flight matches but not specified for ones away from that i.e. the qualifiers. Since Sky bear the expense it is up to them but  there isn't that much benefit to them in providing one apart from general stagecraft. They'd probably just reduce the total deal with the RFL if they insisted on having screens at the third game on a weekend - as a guesstimate they've probably saved £30k or so by not having them at Saturday games.

Just back to Cardiff defiant. Planning the next trip next weekend.

Will we be allowed a screen next week? Last 2 sky middle 8 games we have had video reviews but no screen. Why?

Had today's game not been televised Hicks would have given the try involving Campese push and Rovers would be safe! Could Hicks have gone to the VR for the disputed drop goal...Peacock and others were asking him to review it at the time.

could also argue that Thornley's try wouldn't have been given, so result would still have been the same?

So we did it, but as is the fartown way, we made bloody hard work of it!

Despite racking up a big 1st half lead, i was nervous at half time as i saw us collapse there in July from 19-6 to losing 20-19, so i was sure rovers would come back and i was right, although i thought they benefited from a couple of dubious calls, but we showed a lot of tenacity and desire to come through it.

I couldn't watch the last few minutes though, my nerves were shot, when Minns went over, even though most of us saw the push and were fairly confident it would be disallowed.

And despite the claims that the DG didn't go over, we were right in line with it and it went through the posts towards the left hand stick!

Good to see such 'gracious' losers leaving the ground as usual, although the rovers fans in soccer sensations were very friendly and complimentary, shame about most of the others.

And surprisingly the stewards seemed fairly lax this time compared to when we have been before, maybe it's easier for them to throw their weight about when there's only 150 of us?

Good luck to Rovers for next week.

Jamie Peacock has been charged with making deliberate contact with the referee, grade A.

He has an early guilty plea option though which he will no doubt use.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Jamie Peacock has been charged with making deliberate contact with the referee, grade A.

He has an early guilty plea option though which he will no doubt use.

What does this mean (only came to the game a few years ago)? Sounds like, in reality, this means he won't be banned on Saturday?

I think he has got away lightly

You are joking are you not ?

Assume he was charged for the handshake at the end of the game. Len Casey pushed the Linesman but that was exaggerated Peacock did not threaten Hicks at all. This is what brings the RFL Disciplinary into disrepute....a laughing stock.

I think Jamie Peacock needs to move on - and quick.

The Gaints' had a similar situation with Saints a couple of years ago.

You win some, you lose some.

You can argue until you are blue in the face about 'was it in was it out' but that will not change the scoreline.

KR have a huge game coming up and Jamie Peacock as Head or Football (or whatever he's called) needs to lead by exmaple and get Hull KR concentrating 100% on the Salford game.

KR are at home - they need a full house backing their team to the full.

As a Yorkshireman I'd like to see them do it.

I also think SL needs to keep the Hull  derby.

Forget the Gaints' game, it's history.

Archived