24 Sept: Qualifiers: Hull KR v Huddersfield Giants KO 12:30 (TV)

I am a poor pensioner not a millionaire otherwise train would be ideal. I thought Hicks sent the try up as a try!

From the clip on Facebook I think Peacock tapped Hicks to get attention and some people are being mischievous......why?

Ifs and buts....we all know the scoreboard but when you are emotionally involved it pays to get it out.....5 hours alone in the car the mind can be very active.

I agree with the post that suggests adding Leigh to SL!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no one ever wins any money gambling either dude

I've just had 7 consecutive wins placing bets on Wakefield's Super 8s games.  :D

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Had today's game not been televised Hicks would have given the try involving Campese push and Rovers would be safe!

He gave no try on the field. The only reason he let it play on was because he was certain they'd go over and he'd be able to refer it back to the video ref. Had a tackle occurred, I reckon he'd have brought it back.

Rovers were very unlucky yesterday. Had this not been a relegation battle, there'd have been very little interest from the neutral though. Was a great game for drama, and that's why a lot of us watch sport!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

The dg went over don't worry about that, bad losers are kr. Peacock only playing to save his own job. From yesterday's viewing he not doing a good job of it!! Haha there looked like a championship team maybe there preparing a bit early but it's brilliant to see keep it up Rovers!!

I really hate p&r! Do we have enough clubs afford to lose a one like Hull KR with decent crowds a good owner and one of the biggest derby games in the league.

We have already killed off the Leeds V Bradford rivalry and we could now be without the Hull derby. We obviously do not like 20k crowds in our game.

This is not knocking Leigh, let's just add them too the league.

I get it that P & R is a part of English sport  but I agree totally with what you say, Loosing well supported clubs is not good for the game.

He gave no try on the field. The only reason he let it play on was because he was certain they'd go over and he'd be able to refer it back to the video ref. Had a tackle occurred, I reckon he'd have brought it back.

Got to disagree there Wellsy, I'm sure he was allowing play to continue after the push because he simply didn't see it. He was going to award a try until he noticed the touchie standing his ground instead of running to where the try had been scored. Only after consultation with his TJ did he refer it to the VR saying no try on the field.

Brave decision by the TJ when you consider he was running the flag up and down the East Stand side although there wasn't much time left admittedly.

And absolutely the correct decision.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just back to Cardiff defiant. Planning the next trip next weekend.

Will we be allowed a screen next week? Last 2 sky middle 8 games we have had video reviews but no screen. Why?

Had today's game not been televised Hicks would have given the try involving Campese push and Rovers would be safe! Could Hicks have gone to the VR for the disputed drop goal...Peacock and others were asking him to review it at the time.

Greenwood will be on the operating table on Monday having been patched up for the last 3 games so that's another bad injury for Rovers.

Confident we will do it next week but please don't give us Hicks or Thaler.

Eric Clay or Philpot will do, failing that Ganson?

Good to see you've still retained your sense of humour mate.

Didn't realise there was no big screen at the ground, presume it's to do with saving brass but Sky must have it in bucketfuls so that's disappointing if it's the case.

With no VR referral you're probably right, Rovers would almost certainly be safe but that would be a bit tough on Hudds, losing to a try that shouldn't have been allowed.

And you're usually an advocate of fair play?  :nono:

Should be one hell of an occasion next week, two well established SL* clubs fighting for survival, I don't envy your fingernails Steve., Craven Park should be full to the rafters.

*Providing Salford and London's results don't alter the current standings in the Super 8s Qualifiers table, obviously.

Got to disagree there Wellsy, I'm sure he was allowing play to continue after the push because he simply didn't see it. He was going to award a try until he noticed the touchie standing his ground instead of running to where the try had been scored. Only after consultation with his TJ did he refer it to the VR saying no try on the field.

Brave decision by the TJ when you consider he was running the flag up and down the East Stand side although there wasn't much time left admittedly.

And absolutely the correct decision.

Do you believe the touch judge wouldn't have told the referee about the push had the video ref not been there? Or have I read that wrong?
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Do you believe the touch judge wouldn't have told the referee about the push had the video ref not been there? Or have I read that wrong?

Perhaps I've worded it wrong but I can't see where you're inferring that from. 

Sorry, maybe I'm a bit slower than normal this morning. I thought the TJ stayed his ground at all games if he thought there was a reason a try shouldn't be allowed?

Perhaps I've worded it wrong but I can't see where you're inferring that from. 

Sorry, maybe I'm a bit slower than normal this morning. I thought the TJ stayed his ground at all games if he thought there was a reason a try shouldn't be allowed?

Whenever a try is "scored" if the touch judge has no input and believes the try should be awarded he will stand on the "goal side" of the corner flag, adversely he believes there is a reason the try should not be awarded he will stand the "field side" of the corner flag indicating to the ref that he has a doubt the try was legal.

Keep up!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Whenever a try is "scored" if the touch judge has no input and believes the try should be awarded he will stand on the "goal side" of the corner flag, adversely he believes there is a reason the try should not be awarded he will stand the "field side" of the corner flag indicating to the ref that he has a doubt the try was legal.

Keep up!

That's what I meant by "stand his ground", as in stay on his touchline in the field of play rather than behind the try line.

I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from tbh.

The TJ was adamant it wasn't a try, so assuming a semi competent ref it would have been scratched VR or not

Still baffled how the knock on try was given though

Indeed.

Didn't realise there was no big screen at the ground, presume it's to do with saving brass but Sky must have it in bucketfuls so that's disappointing if it's the case.

To be fair to Sky they have never paid for there to be screens to be put up at any of the Middle Eight games, this season or last, so it isn't a case of picking on this match. I seem to recall there was one at Belle Vue for the MPG last year though so they may splash out next weekend for that. It doesn't have any effect on the VR process as such but it's nice to have.

Perhaps more clubs could install their own screens so they can rent them to Sky when they come to their grounds rather than a third party provider having to be involved.

I think I'd rather leave it as it is, it's far more entertaining reading Steve's conspiracy theories.

Enough to build the ground you promised?

Which one?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I am a poor pensioner not a millionaire otherwise train would be ideal. I thought Hicks sent the try up as a try!

From the clip on Facebook I think Peacock tapped Hicks to get attention and some people are being mischievous......why?

Ifs and buts....we all know the scoreboard but when you are emotionally involved it pays to get it out.....5 hours alone in the car the mind can be very active.

I agree with the post that suggests adding Leigh to SL!

You'll be all right whether it's London or Salford you end up playing. Rovers have already beaten both of them convincingly on their own grounds in the qualifiers. Can't see you losing at home.

It might turn out be a nice weekend for you, watching our season end on Friday night and securing Super League rugby for next season on Saturday. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The unanimous verdict in The Bunker (aka the Whalebone pub) was "no try".

Not strictly true.

It was certainly "no try" in the first class seating area of T' Bone however, in the economy class seating and standing area over towards the bar, there was a slightly different opinion.

In fact, we were so "poles apart" from them, I wondered if they were watching a different game.

You'll be all right whether it's London or Salford you end up playing. Rovers have already beaten both of them convincingly on their own grounds in the qualifiers. Can't see you losing at home.

It might turn out be a nice weekend for you, watching our season end on Friday night and securing Super League rugby for next season on Saturday.

Neither can I. Sheens is supposed to not have any influence regarding a game v HKR, but it might be better for Rovers if he has, given his track record with Salford!

Not strictly true.

It was certainly "no try" in the first class seating area of T' Bone however, in the economy class seating and standing area over towards the bar, there was a slightly different opinion.

In fact, we were so "poles apart" from them, I wondered if they were watching a different game.

You're quite right. My definition of "The Bunker" should have been a little more specific. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Good to see you've still retained your sense of humour mate.

With no VR referral you're probably right, Rovers would almost certainly be safe but that would be a bit tough on Hudds, losing to a try that shouldn't have been allowed.

And you're usually an advocate of fair play?  :nono:

Should be one hell of an occasion next week, two well established SL* clubs fighting for survival, I don't envy your fingernails Steve., Craven Park should be full to the rafters.

*Providing Salford and London's results don't alter the current standings in the Super 8s Qualifiers table, obviously.

I agree, Campese had no choice but to chance it and push the player but the point I wanted to make was the fact that some games have video review and others have 2 try line Judges who contribute very little. And if we are to have Video let's have a screen.....used to be like that at Catalans. Surely the sky money can run to every ground having a screen that can have other uses on none tv matches.

Archived