IMG_0583.JPG

53 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Castleford Tigers squad

Paddy Burns
Rory Dixon
Brandon Douglas

etc.

###### take.

I'd be fuming had I not had Trainspotting tickets on Friday night for ages :negative:

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

2 hours ago, PKK said:

###### take.

I'd be fuming had I not had Trainspotting tickets on Friday night for ages :negative:

I just think we need to win! I hope he puts out his first choice, or near to his first choice team for this one. I wouldn't want to go into the Toulouse game having had a bit of a beating! I don't really care about the opposition team.

Use the match to run through some of the attacking play we saw in the first half an hour against Keighley!

Looks similar to the giants tribe they used to gift us pre season made up of bradley bracken hall and the deighton lot.

Firsts, academy, junior academy.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Sod it! It will be good to go into the Toulouse game unbeaten!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Am amazed that Cas are playing 2 guys who, in 4 days time, will be ours. This is asking for trouble as if either were to pick up injuries then we've crocked our own. Seeing as our own new no.8 is on the sick list I had expected Maher fit and ready to rumble as Keegan's replacement. I don't see the point of having a DR system in place if the players concerned aren't better than what you already have. DR players should be a strengthening of the playing side not the training side. Also no further mention has been made of Hitchcox; is he injured, if so for how long? Has he been withdrawn, if so are they offering a replacement? I hate casting a shadow, the retained list ftom 2016 busted a communal gut, and the team as well as fans will be looking to at least match that season. Everyone gave what they had, can they give it again without that DR aid bearing in mind the strengthening of our competitors?

How is the pitch after a couple of hard frosts? its absolutely baltic out there at the moment and will only be colder later with sleet/rain forecast too.

On or not, I think with the weather, the fact its only a friendly and the side Cas are sending I think ill stay indoors where its nice and warm tonight.

May the lord have mercy on the brave souls who venture up to the Mount tonight, you're made of stronger stuff than I am!

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Am amazed that Cas are playing 2 guys who, in 4 days time, will be ours. This is asking for trouble as if either were to pick up injuries then we've crocked our own. Seeing as our own new no.8 is on the sick list I had expected Maher fit and ready to rumble as Keegan's replacement. I don't see the point of having a DR system in place if the players concerned aren't better than what you already have. DR players should be a strengthening of the playing side not the training side. Also no further mention has been made of Hitchcox; is he injured, if so for how long? Has he been withdrawn, if so are they offering a replacement? I hate casting a shadow, the retained list ftom 2016 busted a communal gut, and the team as well as fans will be looking to at least match that season. Everyone gave what they had, can they give it again without that DR aid bearing in mind the strengthening of our competitors?

Calm down, Phildog.

By your first point we'd better cancel all friendlies in case players get injured. It doesn't matter who the opposition is.

Try thinking of DR as enlarging the squad. If players on DR are better than Batley's "own" they'll get into the team. If they aren't, they won't, until such time as injuries move DR players up the pecking order.

I remember a friendly in 2010 when we played Huddersfield academy, featuring a certain A Brown - who had a 'minor altercation' with Ian Preece during the game. Both seemed to have forgiven & forgotten when the season started in earnest, though.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

1 minute ago, doggystyle said:

According to the weather report on my phone it is to get warmer tonight than it is right now. Up a mighty 3 degrees! Still be rather nippy though but I will brave it.

Brisk Winds and rain according to the BBC - the Mount is always colder than most places even in summer, it'll be one of the good old fashioned ones from winter seasons gone past that cuts right through you, that's if you're not totally numb already!

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Jy has had an op pre season which we knew , and is a bit behind in his pre season , but will be good to go soon

IMG_0583.JPG

3 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Jy has had an op pre season which we knew , and is a bit behind in his pre season , but will be good to go soon

Thanks for the update.

I think he's a player who will strengthen the team rather than enlarging the squad.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Archived