Leicester City Roosters

Sherwood Wolf Hunt

Division 1

Birmingham Bulldogs

NEW Ravens

Boston Buccaneers

Derby City

Nottingham Outlaws A

I believe there is also a development league (primarily for reserve teams) but I don't know who will be in that league yet

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 8:15 PM, DoubleD said:

Have Leicester changed names from Storm or is that a different team?

i was just about to ask the same question

From a distance that sounds decent - 12 teams in each of the Midlands and Wales.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

17 minutes ago, audois said:

From a distance that sounds decent - 12 teams in each of the Midlands and Wales.

11 plus a reserve's merit league in the east and 12 in the West of England too.

On the other hand the North East game is struggling, Scotland and South West are gone and London isn't where it should be 

It's a shame West of England dont seem able to accommodate Devon Sharks and Cornish Rebels.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

7 hours ago, audois said:

It's a shame West of England dont seem able to accommodate Devon Sharks and Cornish Rebels.

There are members of the West Of England league who'd do well to remember the years they were accommodated in the Midlands League.

2 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

i am in Solihull/Birmingham next week, so if anyone knows of a game let me know

The season doesn't start til May. Coventry would be your best bet but they're away that weekend.

10 hours ago, bowes said:

They could they just don't want to 

I know that Swindon St George voted for Devon Sharks to be allowed into the West of England but the other teams didn't.

Swindon are hoping to arrange friendlies with the Sharks and the Rebels, if possible 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

• 1 month later...

It's a bit of a mess - there's an imminent meeting to try and sort things out.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

19 hours ago, MidlandsRugbyLeague said:

The league's been fully "controlled" by the RFL since 2013, albeit always with a management group from the clubs who vote on the key decisions.

In sort the RFL aren't as active in numbers as they once was in the Midlands/South

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 07/05/2017 at 0:42 PM, Saint 1 said:

Have you heard about Sherwood apparently only running one team too? 

Yeah they're playing in division 1 so the premier division is down to four clubs. This has happened every previous time the league has run a premier division, though normally not this quickly. I'm not entirely cinvinced the premier division is the right level for Leamington either as the top three clubs are much better than the others

4 hours ago, bowes said:

Yeah they're playing in division 1 so the premier division is down to four clubs. This has happened every previous time the league has run a premier division, though normally not this quickly. I'm not entirely cinvinced the premier division is the right level for Leamington either as the top three clubs are much better than the others

So why does it have to be called the premier division ?

If you've got 3 teams of a better standard than the rest you've obviously got to put the next best `X` number of teams in one division regardless of it's name and the rest in the one below, the Pennine have done it without any fuss. 

10 minutes ago, Marauder said:

So why does it have to be called the premier division ?

If you've got 3 teams of a better standard than the rest you've obviously got to put the next best `X` number of teams in one division regardless of it's name and the rest in the one below, the Pennine have done it without any fuss. 

It's not the name it's the standard of the league. Though we used to usually manage because Gloucestershire and Bristol were long standing members of the league

Just now, bowes said:

It's not the name it's the standard of the league. Though we used to usually manage because Gloucestershire and Bristol were long standing members of the league

What do you think the teams in the Yorkshire, Pennine & Hull leagues did when they had teams in their divisions that where capable of beating the best in the NCL, we still had to play them and used playing these better teams as the yardstick to judge your progress.

Our AGM this Sunday and on the agenda is entering the Yorkshire and National Cups, this will be our yardstick outside of the division we will be playing in.

Archived