cup performances

ivans82

In our league this season Haven have done well in the challenge cup , poor crowd granted , but on bbc website , Doncaster have done well at Leeds , the crowd was nearly 5,000 bringing around £30,000 to £40,000 to the club . Barrow have drawn Leeds away in the next round , where with Barrows good away support crowd might rise to 7,000 bringing in about £50,000 . ......This is where the money is to be made at our level , we need to prioritise the cups next season , we threw away a 16 point lead at Newcastle and failed to respect Gloucester at home in the other cup where we would have had a home draw to North Wales and probably a final at Blackpool against Barrow , we cannot afford to make these mistakes next time around .  The Club needs all the revenue it can muster  , granted you still need the luck of the draw , which we never have , but you can t win if your not in .

5000 people times £18 is £90,000, they get half the gate which is £45,000, bear in mind though some of that number will be kids and concessions, so i'd guess at somewhere between £35,00 - £40,000. but that is just a guess.

21 hours ago, ivans82 said:

In our league this season Haven have done well in the challenge cup , poor crowd granted , but on bbc website , Doncaster have done well at Leeds , the crowd was nearly 5,000 bringing around £30,000 to £40,000 to the club . Barrow have drawn Leeds away in the next round , where with Barrows good away support crowd might rise to 7,000 bringing in about £50,000 . ......This is where the money is to be made at our level , we need to prioritise the cups next season , we threw away a 16 point lead at Newcastle and failed to respect Gloucester at home in the other cup where we would have had a home draw to North Wales and probably a final at Blackpool against Barrow , we cannot afford to make these mistakes next time around .  The Club needs all the revenue it can muster  , granted you still need the luck of the draw , which we never have , but you can t win if your not in .

Barrow good away support ? I've supported Town for over 54 years and have only seen them fetch more than a bus full on one occasion which was a few years ago when they were top of the league. Having said that, their home crowds put us and haven to shame, even if they do have twice the population.

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

Barrow good away support ? I've supported Town for over 54 years and have only seen them fetch more than a bus full on one occasion which was a few years ago when they were top of the league. Having said that, their home crowds put us and haven to shame, even if they do have twice the population.

3 buses went to York last week.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, lifer said:

5000 people times £18 is £90,000, they get half the gate which is £45,000, bear in mind though some of that number will be kids and concessions, so i'd guess at somewhere between £35,00 - £40,000. but that is just a guess.

plus deductions .

CHALLENGE CUP PROCEEDS A3:11 The Gate Receipts of all Cup Ties from the Third Round up to and including the quarter finals shall be allocated as follows, save when an overseas club is involved in which case special rules will apply as agreed by the Board from time to time or when the Board considers that other exceptional circumstances apply: (a) From the net Gate Receipts (ie, gross Gate Receipts less VAT) there shall be deducted: (i) 5% which shall be paid into the Cup Pool within seven days of the Cup Tie by the home club (by cheque addressed to the Finance Director and made payable to the RFL); and (ii) For visiting Clubs the cost of their travelling expenses. (iii) For Clubs in the Championships and non member Clubs drawn at home, the sum of £1,000 plus 15% of gate receipts (net of VAT and any levy applicable) to be retained to cover the home Club’s Match expenses; (iv) For Super League Clubs drawn at home, 15% of gate receipts (net of VAT and any levy applicable) to be retained to cover the home Club’s Match expenses; A3:12 The remaining balance of the net Gate Receipts after making the deductions set out above shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs, and the home Club shall make the payment to the visiting Club within 7 days of the Cup Tie. However, at the conclusion of the Cup Tie (including a Void Tie) the home side shall hand to the secretary of the visiting team (or other Club Official) a cheque for 30% of the remaining balance of the Gate Receipts on account of their share of the Gate Receipts. 

I can remember a good few years back a Yorkshire team got Warrington bank quay in the challenge cup and claimed £800 as there bus bill 

its half after expenses and I'm guessing Leeds will have lots of stewarding and security costs they'll deduct making a dent in Doncaster and Barrows pay day 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

55 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

its half after expenses and I'm guessing Leeds will have lots of stewarding and security costs they'll deduct making a dent in Doncaster and Barrows pay day 

Still better than nowt tho mate ;-)

Oh and we can get to Keighley faster than we can get up to Derwent Park

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

53 minutes ago, morty said:

Still better than nowt tho mate ;-)

Oh and we can get to Keighley faster than we can get up to Derwent Park

Is that actually true, it wouldnt surprise me to be honest. Its a dreadful journey between Workington and Barrow.

Google Maps

Craven Park to Lawkholme Lane 79 miles 2 hours 6 min

To Derwent Park 53 miles 1 hr 44 mins

The A595 is bad road but it takes longer to Keighley

Archived