Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheDuke

New Teams 2018

Recommended Posts

Well there will need to be at least 2 due to Rylands and Elland's withdrawal, what will happen to Blackbrook? Stanley appear to have struggled all season, 12 players at Gateshead (100-1) East Leeds giving the Play off Semi Final to West Bowling 

Looks like the quota system will have to start going back up to accommodate more antipodean players due to lack of British players

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marauder said:

The powers will be trying to bring in expansion clubs they have just about trawled out the M62 With their lure of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

That isn't the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marauder said:

The powers will be trying to bring in expansion clubs they have just about trawled out the M62 With their lure of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

I doubt it very much, though one day Nottingham may well step up, just not next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Well there will need to be at least 2 due to Rylands and Elland's withdrawal, what will happen to Blackbrook? Stanley appear to have struggled all season, 12 players at Gateshead (100-1) East Leeds giving the Play off Semi Final to West Bowling 

Looks like the quota system will have to start going back up to accommodate more antipodean players due to lack of British players

I don't think there need to be two more teams as they could just go with four divisions of twelve, which is six more clubs than in winter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

That isn't the case.

So why did they drop the criteria to allow teams into the NCL who they wouldn't have given a second look when they played in the winter, I'll tell you, it was designed to take the better clubs away from the traditional season who probably wouldn't have gone if a carrot wasn't dangled (Divide and conquer)

Why aren't the Pennine/Hull leagues allowed to set up a winter competition that would give the better remaining teams an higher weekly standard (Because it would give winter a competition which may attract back the teams that are struggling in the summer)


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Marauder said:

So why did they drop the criteria to allow teams into the NCL who they wouldn't have given a second look when they played in the winter, I'll tell you, it was designed to take the better clubs away from the traditional season who probably wouldn't have gone if a carrot wasn't dangled (Divide and conquer)

Why aren't the Pennine/Hull leagues allowed to set up a winter competition that would give the better remaining teams an higher weekly standard (Because it would give winter a competition which may attract back the teams that are struggling in the summer)

You said the powers that be will be trying to bring in expansion clubs. Who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saint 1 said:

You said the powers that be will be trying to bring in expansion clubs. Who? 

Well who is in control of the NCL now, they've milked the regional leagues and I can't think of many who would fulfil the criteria that's playing in the YML (East Hull maybe)


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marauder said:

Well who is in control of the NCL now, they've milked the regional leagues and I can't think of many who would fulfil the criteria that's playing in the YML (East Hull maybe)

I didn't realise Hull was an expansion area and as East Hull dropped out of the ncl after a couple of game a few seasons ago I doubt if they applied they would get far but otherwise another well reasoned point ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Marauder said:

Well who is in control of the NCL now, they've milked the regional leagues and I can't think of many who would fulfil the criteria that's playing in the YML (East Hull maybe)

So which clubs have they approached?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

I didn't realise Hull was an expansion area and as East Hull dropped out of the ncl after a couple of game a few seasons ago I doubt if they applied they would get far but otherwise another well reasoned point ;) 

The secret was in the YML.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Marauder said:

How would I know, I said "I can not think of many"

 Even Bowes favourite Donny Toll Bar have fallen to bits

You said with such confidence that the NCL will be trying to bring clubs in, I thought you might actually know something.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

You said with such confidence that the NCL will be trying to bring clubs in, I thought you might actually know something.

Bowes will probably know who has applied mate, he's always up to speed.

  • Haha 1

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sick39ed said:

Aberdeen Warriors could join the league but they would obviously be issues with distance and funding.

No such club anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Sick39ed said:

Aberdeen Warriors could join the league but they would obviously be issues with distance and funding.

Well they couldn't, they don't run a junior section do they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Marauder said:

Well who is in control of the NCL now, they've milked the regional leagues and I can't think of many who would fulfil the criteria that's playing in the YML (East Hull maybe)

The Clubs are in control of the NCL nobody can be admitted without a vote going through 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spidey said:

The Clubs are in control of the NCL nobody can be admitted without a vote going through 

 when was the last time the clubs voted against the committee when it comes to new clubs.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...