Happy Lancashire Day!!

1 minute ago, Bearman said:

Don't trust the Royal Mail, we know how many letters they lose. But I'm sure Maj will sort out her Royal Mail as soon as she has got the wedding out of the way.

If Lancashire is so wonderful why do you live in Warwickshire then? It's like those professional Scousers Cilla and Tarby who left Liverpool and never went back. Understandable really.

rldfsignature.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My birth certificate says I was born in Barrow in Furness, Lancashire.  That'll do for me.  I live in the isolated Peoples Republic of North Lancashire so happy Lancashire Day.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

8 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

If Lancashire is so wonderful why do you live in Warwickshire then? It's like those professional Scousers Cilla and Tarby who left Liverpool and never went back. Understandable really.

Parkinson

Bennet

Palin

Clarkson

Succesful people are succesful because they are not afraid to leave home

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Parkinson

Bennet

Palin

Clarkson

Succesful people are succesful because they are not afraid to leave home

Cecil Parkinson is from down south

Phil Bennett is Welsh

Sarah Palin isn't even English.

Clarkson is a conceited tosser who we disowned years ago.

rldfsignature.jpg

6 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Cecil Parkinson is from down south

Phil Bennett is Welsh

Sarah Palin isn't even English.

Clarkson is a conceited tosser who we disowned years ago.

Yes, I'd be ashamed of them too. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I've only just realised it's the 27th.

I'd normally have something appropriate for breakfast - a black pudding butty or the like. With 10 minutes to go, I'm not sure how I can celebrate. I have Lancashire Tea, but I'm right out of black puddings and tripe. I've got a bottle of Old Tom on hand, but that's from south of the river, nice though it is.  

Ah well, it's enough to have the County of Lancaster on your birth certificate...

13 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

They have nothing to be happy about.

This combined with the abject jealousy caused by not being Yorkshire leads to the place being populated by miserable gets.

So says someone who is so obviously insecure he has chosen a pen name from a Glaswegian street gang to give the pretence of what is own mind conceives him to be.

Alan Bennett has, as far as I know, still got a home near Settle.

http://settlestationwatertower.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/alan-bennett-on-settle-rotary-club.html

Not surprisingly, even he was seduced by the charms of Yorkshire women:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/alan-bennett-reveals-that-his-lover-caf-anne-is-dead-1825391.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 minutes ago, Quinskolar said:

Hmm, seems to be some rewriting of history. But no doubt you will tell me the red rose lost  LOL

I guess that depends on how you measure winning. If the runner-up prize is the glorious splendour and beauty of England's greatest county and first prize is its ever-decreasing rain shadow... mmmm. ... let me think?

To be fair, Lancashire does a sterling job of standing between Sellafield and Bradford.

I think that the scale of the Sellafield  radiation risk and the damage it has caused is still being covered up by the government. Have you noticed that the only famous post-war Lancastrians ... Ken Dodd, George Formby and Red Rum ... all developed very prominent teeth.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

8 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

To be fair, Lancashire does a sterling job of standing between Sellafield and Bradford.

I think that the scale of the Sellafield  radiation risk and the damage it has caused is still being covered up by the government. Have you noticed that the only famous post-war Lancastrians ... Ken Dodd, George Formby and Red Rum ... all developed very prominent teeth.

So, its main purpose is to act as a buffer zone for rain and radiation. Quite important after all. 

1 hour ago, Quinskolar said:

Hmm, seems to be some rewriting of history. But no doubt you will tell me the red rose lost  LOL

no re writing. it was absolutely not between yorkshire and lancashire.

it was between the house of york and the house of lancaster. completely different.

some news just in; the duke of edinburgh doesn't come from edinburgh.

Archived