Rugby League World - Feedback Thread

The always hotly-anticipated season launch issue of Rugby League World will be on sale a week today, Friday 26th January (or the day before for those who prefer the online edition).

It will feature every club in the Super League, Championship and League 1 in a bumper season preview, plus plenty of other top notch content to whet your appetite for the year ahead.

There's a new editor at the helm too. Who can it be? You'll have to buy the mag to find out!

Still only £3.99 for 84 full colour glossy pages of Rugby League goodness, even cheaper if you subscribe and have it delivered to your door.

Click here to order your copy now (print edition) - single issues or subscriptions available.

Click here for the online edition and use the code RUGBY25 at the checkout to save a whopping 25% off any Rugby League World digital subscription or issue. Don't dilly dally though, this offer only lasts till the end of January.

On 19/01/2018 at 10:35 AM, John Drake said:

The always hotly-anticipated season launch issue of Rugby League World will be on sale a week today, Friday 26th January (or the day before for those who prefer the online edition).

It will feature every club in the Super League, Championship and League 1 in a bumper season preview, plus plenty of other top notch content to whet your appetite for the year ahead.

There's a new editor at the helm too. Who can it be? You'll have to buy the mag to find out!

Still only £3.99 for 84 full colour glossy pages of Rugby League goodness, even cheaper if you subscribe and have it delivered to your door.

Click here to order your copy now (print edition) - single issues or subscriptions available.

Click here for the online edition and use the code RUGBY25 at the checkout to save a whopping 25% off any Rugby League World digital subscription or issue. Don't dilly dally though, this offer only lasts till the end of January.

Great news.

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Squad lists in this month?

Yes, for Super League and Championship clubs.

League 1 squads more difficult to get in full before our print deadline unfortunately.

3 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Nice. March for L1 then?

Not my call, that'll be up to the new editor. Without wanting to second guess them though, I'd say the League 1 squads are likely to be published in League Express and also online well before the March issue of RLW comes out, and as the League 1 previews are in the Feb issue, the squad lists might look a bit random appearing a month later on their own.

On 1/19/2018 at 10:35 AM, John Drake said:

Hmmm.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:24 AM, DavidM said:

That always tells me the season is nearly here! A belting read and gets you ready for the big kick off 

I'm gonna guess it's DavidM.

If not, I'm gonna suggest this example as a classic case for ckn's multiple user ID's topic.

Edit : Darn it, meant user IDs instead of threads but I'm sure you got my drift.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Hmmm.

I'm gonna guess it's DavidM.

If not, I'm gonna suggest this example as a classic case for ckn's multiple threads topic.

Sorry but there are likely to be a lot more threads on here in future plugging Rugby League World now I've discovered there are forum members who don't know it exists.

I'm gonna beat you all into submission until you all become subscribers!! ;)

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Sorry but there are likely to be a lot more threads on here in future plugging Rugby League World now I've discovered there are forum members who don't know it exists.

See my edit....apologies, I can't wait to read about all LPL's publications guv.

*Cough*.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

Have been for a while but I often read comments on articles on here before my subscription copy has even arrived.  Maybe deal with the existing before chasing the new?

On 19/01/2018 at 10:35 AM, John Drake said:

Does the 25% include the digital copy?  

21 hours ago, CmonTheBorough said:

Have been for a while but I often read comments on articles on here before my subscription copy has even arrived.  Maybe deal with the existing before chasing the new?

Subscription copies are always posted out on the Tuesday prior to the Friday on sale date, literally as soon as the mag rolls off the presses.

They should usually arrive with subscribers on the day of publication or earlier.

Unfortunately, we have no control over the quality of Royal Mail's delivery service in different parts of the country, which we know can be variable. :(

13 hours ago, The Manc Yank said:

Does the 25% include the digital copy?  

The 25% discount applies only to the digital copy.

This is an extra discount, on top of the already heavily discounted digital edition.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Subscription copies are always posted out on the Tuesday prior to the Friday on sale date, literally as soon as the mag rolls off the presses.

They should usually arrive with subscribers on the day of publication or earlier.

Unfortunately, we have no control over the quality of Royal Mail's delivery service in different parts of the country, which we know can be variable. :(

Exactly the response I expected from you.  On two occasions it didn't arrive at all.

Let me help you out.  My much better half used to be a postwoman and she tells me that when sorting offices are short-staffed and under pressure they assume that anything in a clear wrapper is junk mail and put it to one side for later delivery. One of the times when she phoned your office about non-delivery,  your nice woman put a copy in the post in a white envelope and it arrived the next morning!

League Express, to which I also subscribe, comes punctually every week in a similar white envelope.

This doesn't mean I don't love you and Rugby League!!

1 hour ago, CmonTheBorough said:

Exactly the response I expected from you.  On two occasions it didn't arrive at all.

Let me help you out.  My much better half used to be a postwoman and she tells me that when sorting offices are short-staffed and under pressure they assume that anything in a clear wrapper is junk mail and put it to one side for later delivery. One of the times when she phoned your office about non-delivery,  your nice woman put a copy in the post in a white envelope and it arrived the next morning!

League Express, to which I also subscribe, comes punctually every week in a similar white envelope.

This doesn't mean I don't love you and Rugby League!!

The response I gave could be expected because it is the truth, not an excuse.

Your better half has basically confirmed that Royal Mail do deliberately delay post based on their own internal decision making processes, and with no regard to the customer who is paying them to deliver their product at standard rates which they do not discount when they fail to deliver on schedule or at all.

That situation is as frustrating to us as it is to our customers. It is absolutely not in our interests for subscriber copies of any of our titles to arrive late or not at all, but we have no alternative means of delivery open to us other than Royal Mail.

Whenever a subscription copy of any of our titles goes astray, we are happy to re-send it, entirely at our own cost. Royal Mail do not recompense us in any way for the additional cost or the lost goodwill of our customers who choose to blame us when their magazine or newspaper doesn't arrive.

League Express is handled differently because it is printed on a Sunday night, then packed and posted manually every Monday upon publication and sent first class. The ability to mail direct from the printer is unavailable and to send it second class would mean copies may not arrive for several days after the date of publication.

In contrast, Rugby League World is printed several days in advance of its on sale date, and distributed by the same company. We use their industry standard mailing house services to despatch subscription copies, by second class post to keep the overall cost of the subscription as low as possible (ie, marginally cheaper than buying each issue in the shop).

To use paper envelopes and first class postage for all RLW subscription copies would significantly increase the overall cost of a subscription, at a time when the market for print publications simply wouldn't stand such an increase, and would probably not be worth the cost when the vast majority of subscriptions are arriving normally.

I appreciate that is no consolation to yourself, if you have had repeated occasions of late or non-delivery. However, having been LPL's Subscriptions Manager for the past 15 years, who deals with all such incidents, I can say it is quite an isolated case for this to happen.

If you contact me directly with your name and subscription address, I will personally outsort future deliveries to you on a manual basis, and take all measures available to me to ensure they arrive in a timely manner.

Unfortunately, my influence does not extend to being able to get Royal Mail to change their own internal procedures of delaying the delivery of polybagged mail whenever it suits them to do so.

One thing I might investigate with our distributor is copying the example of Private Eye, which as a subscriber myself I know is sent polybagged like RLW, but the bag is emblazoned with the words 'THIS IS NOT JUNK MAIL' in typeface big enough for Royal Mail to get the message.

The digital edition is now available! 

digi-ad-promo-rlw-feb18.png

You can save an extra 25% off the digital edition if you order before the end of January at www.totalrl.com/rlw and enter the code RUGBY25 at the Pocketmags checkout.

For a limited time, all available digital back issues are only 99p each too.

What's the link between chart-topping rockers Terrorvision and Rugby League? Find out in the new issue of Rugby League World, in shops now and also online at www.totalrl.com/rlw

The new issue features club by club previews for Betfred Super League, Betfred Championship and Betfred League 1

Plus:

Leeds Rhinos, Wigan Warriors and Hull FC heading down under aiming to make history.
Justin Holbrook plots a St Helens revival.
Toronto Wolfpack and Leigh Centurions ready to rumble in the Championship.
Red Star Belgrade on a mission to bring a Serbian dimension to League 1.
Strathmore Silverbacks are up Forfar the Cup.
Five dates for your diary in February.
Faye Gaskin aiming high in the new Women’s Super League.
Dave Hadfield on Nigel Wood.
WIN! Rugby League Books & Subscriptions.

And here's a freebie feature for you, to whet your appetite for the mag and also the Challenge Cup which kicks off this weekend. 

Strathmore Silverbacks are flying the flag for Scotland as the Challenge Cup gets underway
http://www.totalrl.com/strathmore-silverbacks-flying-flag-scotland-challenge-cup-gets-underway/

Archived