FEV GAME

tms

1 hour ago, NickWeaver said:

yup the uk clocks change this weekend

32 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

We lose an hour on Sunday morning Rob. Educate Kman please.

How come you guys don't change when we do over here?...you guys special or something?....theres always one in a crowd isn't there....always one.

2 hours ago, RobertAM said:

so 1pm or 2pm Toronto time?

Going to be a long day. 3 Brewers for the TWP game, then evening TFC game at BMO. Going to need a serious nap in between. That is what I call a Good Friday. 

its a BIG weekend for the team! Fev on Friday and Toulouse on Monday! Two top 4 rivals that are both just a point ahead back to back and our roster was in shambles on Friday! hopefully the virus is done with the team and no more illness worries come up and we can at least have  people playing in their regular positions.

INJURY GOD'S BE KIND!! LOL 

Assuming we're healthy i see it as a close game that we win by 4-8...28-20 for us. We can't seem to keep a clean sheet and they are a top 4 team.

4 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

its a BIG weekend for the team! Fev on Friday and Toulouse on Monday! Two top 4 rivals that are both just a point ahead back to back and our roster was in shambles on Friday! hopefully the virus is done with the team and no more illness worries come up and we can at least have  people playing in their regular positions.

INJURY GOD'S BE KIND!! LOL 

Assuming we're healthy i see it as a close game that we win by 4-8...28-20 for us. We can't seem to keep a clean sheet and they are a top 4 team.

Toulouse actually looks more dangerous than Fev.   This is a big weekend and we will know where we truly stand once it is over....big weekend!

15 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Toulouse actually looks more dangerous than Fev.   This is a big weekend and we will know where we truly stand once it is over....big weekend!

thin squad with back to back promotion rivals on short turnaround could be a big banana skin.

Very heartened by the grit the boys showed the last game playing through illness and many out of position with a man down when we should have been a man up. its  a big weekend for the Champ as a whole with London playing Toulouse and Leigh as well. Will get a good look at the likely top 4 after the weekend.

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

thin squad with back to back promotion rivals on short turnaround could be a big banana skin.

Very heartened by the grit the boys showed the last game playing through illness and many out of position with a man down when we should have been a man up. its  a big weekend for the Champ as a whole with London playing Toulouse and Leigh as well. Will get a good look at the likely top 4 after the weekend.

Whole standing tables could change...big test for us and i think we are up to it.   Fev will be tough but conventional....but boy does that Toulouse open it up; they look good.  We are going to have to be running as a full Pack.  

Bussey will run, O'Brien will run, McCrone will run...they all will run like the wind and win both games....maybe London can knock a couple of Toulouse guys out....if not we will have to give the task to Sidlow this time. 

This should be a great game. It’s the first match this year i’m unable to make even though I only live about 150 yards from the stadium. I’m due back in Fev 10 minutes before the end of the match so hopefully i’ll be celebrating in the pub at full time.

The Featherstone forum is probably the most active club forum on here so feel free to pop across there for a chat.

6 minutes ago, fevtom said:

This should be a great game. It’s the first match this year i’m unable to make even though I only live about 150 yards from the stadium. I’m due back in Fev 10 minutes before the end of the match so hopefully i’ll be celebrating in the pub at full time.

The Featherstone forum is probably the most active club forum on here so feel free to pop across there for a chat.

Alot of them get mad at me....reminds me of Workington Town...you guys are tough....not looking for trouble!

Big weekend indeed. Top 2 on the line, but 0-2 would not be dramatic. The gap is there between top 4 and the rest. The last away game against Dewsbury is much more important in my opinion.

Toulouse will be more dangerous than Fev I agree, specially that the pack has to travel South of France so soon after the Good Friday game. Easter Monday is holiday in France, lots of people at the stadium, temperatures could reach 20C.

2 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Good K-Man.    Suggest you stay clear of their forum then!!!   Wishful thinking methinks!!!

I don't want anything to do with the Fev fans....I went on there once and wished them a Merry Christmas and one of them accused me of being an animal...wee little wolf like me an animal!....the NERVE!  They are obviously delusional since they think they will be higher than us in the standings at the end of the season....the GALL!

They are like the Workington Town fans, very angry about something, but no one seems to know what....just angry at the world generally....TOUGH TO REASON WITH.

There are some very good fans at Fev also...nice folk, reasonable folk, mannerly folk....just like Workington Town.....

3 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Agreed.  I'm verrrrrrry nervous about this weekends results.

Well look at it this way, if we get 3-4 points our of these two games and we're locked in for top 4. If we can get these points away with an under strength pack were laughing all the way to the qualifiers. Team hasn't been playing at 100% once so far because of the preseason from hell. I'm personally looking forward to seeing how we do here, odd feeling isn't it...thinking we are 50/50 going into a game...we felt that way once right...season opener vs Leigh...how did that go again? :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I don't want anything to do with the Fev fans....I went on there once and wished them a Merry Christmas and one of them accused me of being an animal...wee little wolf like me an animal!....the NERVE!  They are obviously delusional since they think they will be higher than us in the standings at the end of the season....the GALL!

They are like the Workington Town fans, very angry about something, but no one seems to know what....just angry at the world generally....TOUGH TO REASON WITH.

There are some very good fans at Fev also...nice folk, reasonable folk, mannerly folk....just like Workington Town.....

It's true to say that a lot of Fev fans are not pro-expansion, though in fairness much of that dates back to our own history.

We were an established top-division club (finished 11th of 16 I think) and also reached the Challenge Cup Semi Final in 1995, when the RFL told us (and one or two others) we had no place in the inaugural Super League. We had been League Champions in 1977 and won the Challenge Cup in 1967, 1973 and 1983...but we were dumped from the top division to make way for Paris St Germain (who you might ask? exactly, they lasted 2 seasons before folding).

Moreover, we were told to merge with our deadly rivals, Castleford, and also Wakefield, to form a new club called "Calder" (named after a river!). To a Fev fan, that's like telling, say, Glasgow Rangers and Celtic to merge...or maybe the NY Giants and Jets...you get the picture.

We then saw a succession of other expansion teams such as Gateshead and Celtic Crusaders fast-tracked to SL under the franchising system. Meanwhile, Fev topped the Championship table four times in a row from 2010-2013 but there was no promotion then so we have still NEVER been in SL.

Ever since then Fev fans have tended to mistrust the RFL and to be wary of expansion. Rightly or wrongly, but that's the background.

I've got you now...its alot like small town hockey over here (not exactly but very much alike).   But Toronto is not a threat to the future of Featherstone Rovers.  Thanks for the info. Phantom Horseman.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I've got you now...its alot like small town hockey over here (not exactly but very much alike).   But Toronto is not a threat to the future of Featherstone Rovers.  Thanks for the info. Phantom Horseman.

I'm probably in a minority among Fev fans, but I think the expansion to Toronto is brilliant.  Indeed expansion anywhere is brilliant, even though it means my club will have less chance of reaching the promised land. (Unless I win The Euromillions, watch this space).

Hoping for a big crowd on Friday.  Expect a hostile and intimidating atmosphere, that's our 18th man.

If any of you are making the trip for two games in a weekend, have a safe flight and make sure you sample the local delights. I can recommend Moo and Beast for food in Purston, just outside Fev. Plenty of decent pubs dotted around too.

I guess we'll have a few neutrals and/or non regulars attending.  One of my employees is going purely to drool over Reni Matuia, she fell in love with him when he came in our shop in his Fev days.

That was very enjoyable dispite Toronto being extremely indisciplined. 

I didn't get to watch last week so this was my first time seeing O'Brien play. He looked a clear step above any other player I've seen with the Wolfpack. Hope his injury isn't too serious. 

Looking forward to the Toulouse match but feeling very nurvous.   

Archived