Rams season Ticket offer for Toronto game

Wakefield Ram

This is now getting beyond ridiculous. Fans are asking just how the ticket offers will work and we have nothing but a deafening silence from the club. The publicity for the offers looked great but with no follow up it will be a completely wasted effort.

A new media team complete with a manager was announced with a little fanfare and we all thought this was great, at last the club is listening to our complaints of previous weeks, months and years. We seem to have been let down once again.

As a longstanding supporter of the club, both physically and financially I feel very, very badly let down by everyone associated with it. I have a season ticket, sponsor a player and am a member of Squadbuilder, yet the only time that I hear anything at all from the club is when they are asking for money. My loyalty is being stretched to the limit - if it snaps then I fear it will never return.

Somebody please wake up and realise what is happening.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It's all explained on Twitter! The forum and Facebook is so old hat... You need to be down with the kids on Instagram etc. BSJ

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's all explained on Twitter! The forum and Facebook is so old hat... You need to be down with the kids on Instagram etc. BSJ

Naturally I am on all of those platforms PM, and those posts came after my plea, as I'm sure you know.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 09/04/2018 at 9:37 PM, Wakefield Ram said:

It's been asked on another thread but can someone from the club explain how it will work. I will be bringing a friend who doesn't watch the Rams and don't want to waste his time on Sunday.

Apparently all season tickets holders are going to be e-mailed a form to fill in,if bringing a guest.

It's friday tomorrow. Mine must be stuck in the ether.

On 11/04/2018 at 1:36 PM, Blind side johnny said:

This is now getting beyond ridiculous. Fans are asking just how the ticket offers will work and we have nothing but a deafening silence from the club.

It was posted on this forum (alongside Twitter, Facebook and the official website) yesterday.

Tom

2 hours ago, silcoates said:

Apparently all season tickets holders are going to be e-mailed a form to fill in,if bringing a guest.

It's friday tomorrow. Mine must be stuck in the ether.

1 hour ago, potato ram said:

Same here. Looks like there will be a long two wide queue wanting forms pre match.

I believe emails are being sent to season ticket holders tomorrow.

Tom

47 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I have not received an email from the club about this. In fact I have not received ANY communication from the club for a long time.

Have you emailed the address in the Tweet above? I think the club is trying to build a database of email addresses so that they can better communicate with supporters in the long-term.

Tom

Got the email two days ago and printed it out without difficulty.

However, I still believe there could be GDPR issues with this.

Wouldn't a better idea been

Replying to the email, giving the guests name & address

The office then issue a ticket which is collected from the shop (did this for season tickets this season) 

Show ID to redeem the ticket, delete return emails with details on

For the GDPR fanatics ;)

20 hours ago, coolie said:

So by sending out in a email the form for bring a friend 

We are presuming fans with season tickets have access to a printer? 

If you don't have a printer then you can email back your answers or collect a form at the game. Or not bother at all - it's not mandatory!

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom Coates said:

What GDPR issues do you think there are? I'll raise them.

The form should state what the retained information will be used for and, more importantly, what it will not be used for nor passed on to third parties. It cannot be assumed to be explicit.

what are tweets ?.....is it like the early morning chorus ?....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived