New signings

wiganlad

24 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Tansey has been poor. Although he won us one game at the death and nearly another at haven. He's behind the others. Can't understand how he keeps getting his place till he is up to speed. 

Erm a big hole in that argument is how does he get match fit if you don't play him?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Erm a big hole in that argument is how does he get match fit if you don't play him?

Some sort of pre season/fitness before being thrown in as starting FB!? 

Like leon said. He' went from driving a van for 6 month to starting every game!? With no prior training or efforts to get up to speed fitness wise.

16 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Like leon said. He' went from driving a van for 6 month to starting every game!? With no prior training or efforts to get up to speed fitness wise.

he done preseason at Sheffield Eagles on trials hoping to land a deal before he came to Town

12 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

top try scorer so far so maybe you are being a bit harsh there marra .

And equally people saying Foster hasn't produced aren't factoring in how many assists/key passes he's put Forrester in for and also he has finished some very well, especially two at Skolars away....

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

he done preseason at Sheffield Eagles on trials hoping to land a deal before he came to Town

Some condition for having a pre season. Wether he had or not he is not up to speed and behind the rest so shouldn' warrant a shirt in my opinion

3 hours ago, townie88 said:

Tansey has been poor. Although he won us one game at the death and nearly another at haven. He's behind the others. Can't understand how he keeps getting his place till he is up to speed. 

Crikey its like Life of Brian. What has Tansey ever done for Town?

Well except for winning the game at the death against Bradford and that nice pass out for Elliot Miller to score and ....

Yeah well except the whole winning the game at Bradford and ... what has Tansey ever done for Town?

Nothing!

Exactly - Can't understand how he keeps getting his place.

(Gets coat whilst whistling - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - to Anonymouse and a few others).

2 hours ago, townie88 said:

Did Leon really say all that?

FFS cut the lad some slack, yes he has a languid style but I can remember screaming at Brett Carter to run back quicker. If we had a nailed on superstar fullback being kept out of the side I'd probably agree with you, but I think both Sam & Ell are doing just fine and Jordan has that bit of magic in him. Can you see either of the other two nailing DG's in the last minute or executing a chip, regather and kick to the corner? Judge him come the end of the season not 5 games in.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

My own personal view is that I like him because to me he's thinking all the time, he's never going to wow with lung busting charges out of defence, he's laid back, cool but can win games, it's a bit like a footballer who does nothing but score goals and win points but it's the hardest thing to do. There's a witch-hunt building here because he's not all action, he's a maverick matchwinner and 6 games in he's won us 1 game and very nearly won us another, do we have many others other than Doran who can win us games on his own? 

Give the lad a break and a chance. 

Utt

23 minutes ago, Worky said:

Crikey its like Life of Brian. What has Tansey ever done for Town?

Well except for winning the game at the death against Bradford and that nice pass out for Elliot Miller to score and ....

Yeah well except the whole winning the game at Bradford and ... what has Tansey ever done for Town?

Nothing!

Exactly - Can't understand how he keeps getting his place.

(Gets coat whilst whistling - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - to Anonymouse and a few others).

He’s not the Messiah - just a very naughty boy! Some people are just blind to real talent. I hope that Jordan stays on board long enough to demonstrate what he still brings to the fight. The guy has been class all through his career and of all the travellers I just wish we had him tied up with a contract, because when he inevitably hits his straps there will be many takers. 

When  we played Bradford during that game I recall there was a moment when Bradford  went for a drop goal the only player who was quick enough to realise what they were setting up was Jordan Tansey he was first there to the charge down . He is a clever player yes he may not have the speed but he certainly has a good rugby brain.

To be fair I didn’t think he set the world alight in his opening few games which is understandable given the circumstances. Now however I see an improvement and although there will be peaks and troughs in performance (as there will be with any player) as long as he’s wearing a Town jersey we should back him to the hilt.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Cato89 said:

Did he not go back to Sheffield on loan? or DR?

Cant see him coming here. would definitely  take him though!

Just been released by cas sounds like he's been a naughty boy

Archived