Leigh away

AlanE

Well, I see you have once again prepared for us, by having a good dig at Toronto!

How do you rate your chances at the LSV this coming Sunday? You should find a completely different Leigh team this time. A scrappy cup win at Batley, seems to have been the catalyst to kick start our season, and we are now playing with confidence, based on a very powerful defence. (Six wins out of six, after that Batley cup tie, with 287 points scored, and 58 conceded) It would seem that Kieron Purtill's (temporary) appointment was just what was needed.

Still, we thought we were confident when we came up to yours!

If you are travelling to Leigh, have a safe trip.

Nah we are all over on Facebook lol

For the record I think we will be sending a patched up squad due to injuries but they will give it their best

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Alan, what is with it with your site?

I realize that everybody or nearly everybody uses FB and other modern devices but I've always used the Forum and I hope that some others will continue to do so.

I listened to the full commentary on the Leigh game on RC and at last we got full coverage. For those that don't know we lost 46-18 but the score totally flattered Leigh. The score was 18-22 to Leigh until 10 minutes from time and it could have gone anyway but judging by the commentary we just ran out of steam and made errors and Leigh scored 4 more tries. Martin Aspinall and Dan Toal were injured in the first 7 minutes and were substituted. We had to play the rest of the game with 2 on the bench.

Batley, next weeks opponents, lost 50-12 at Featherstone.

York beat West Wales 144-0 with 15 tries which I think is a RLrecord. One player scored 7 tries. Barrow once scored 130 odd., I think.

I'll be interested read any comments from supporters who travelled to Leigh for the match.

So Mickey Higham was playing - I'm sure he was a much bigger danger than at Craven park when was on the pitch with his water bottle trying to tell the lads in red and white what to do.

Disappointing result but didn't really expect a result against the milionaires home ground ( it is their ground isn't it?)

Let's hope there aren't too many injuries, those lad have a shift in the shipyard tomorrow

Shipbuilider01.png

Absolutely shocking, Leigh started like a house on fire and Barrow couldn't live with the pace - and rightfully started slowing it down which the ref failed to deal with. Game became patchy and poor quality, Barrow were the better team at this pace up to 30m when Leigh ran in a couple of trys. Same old second half then Leigh pulled away again late on. If he was a SL ref he would have a long ban. Barrow have a few decent lads - I would take Bullock back in a blink - and 22 and 29 stood out for you imo. The RFL really need to get the structures right as games as poor as this will not be attractive to the Leigh public for long

Just saying AlanE, have a look at your site on this forum. No disrespect mate.

There's no doubt the final score flattered us. You had a try chalked off for a forward pass, at 18-22, (we had three similar efforts 'disallowed') so it could have been highly interesting, had that score been allowed to stand.

I must say that the game was a frustrating experience for everyone. As one poster has already commented, you had a raft of players getting injured, whenever we put pressure on, which totally disrupted any flow, and possibly gave your other players a breather, when they were under the cosh.;) Plus we had one of those referees, who seemed to think both teams were serial offenders. The penalty count (both ways) was well into double figures, which is puzzling when penalties have been pretty rare in our last few games!

Whilst I was disappointed with your 'spoiling' tactics, I have to admit they were effective, and would give credit to your team for having a good 'dig' at us, where others have failed miserably in recent weeks. On today's showing (plus the one at Barrow in the mud) you are way better than the current bottom three sides and, with your home form, I think you will survive comfortably, in the Championship.

Please feel free to frustrate, Toulouse, Featherstone, Toronto, London and Halifax now!!;)

P.S. I hope the 17 injuries clear up for next week!;);)

Could also be something to do with the fact our lads work full time jobs AND then train and play on top of that and are carrying knocks .... you guys and the teams around you are in a different league and the structure of the leagues needs careful consideration!

We will try to frustrate and have a good dig at the top teams especially at home :-)

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Archived