Hunslet away.

roughyed34

Massive game for both clubs this week, we win, we open a bit of a gap between 3rd and 4th, lose and its all tight as a drum.

Its going to be a very interesting 2nd half of the season, who said this league wasnt competitive? ?

Hopefully a fully fit squad to pick from barring the two lads on the injury list, we cant switch off for spells like we have been doing recently, it will need a solid ,disciplined 80 mins to overcome a very useful Hunslet side, Nobby will have some tough selection choices but i have faith he will get it right as he usually does. Probably the biggest game of the season so far, looking forward to what should be a quality game.

See the travellers over there. Is it Sunday yet ?. Up the Yeds!

Indeed a hard one this.Nothing less than a 80 minute performance will be needed.As 34 said about us switching off now and again,that could spell trouble.If the boys do the basics right and stay switched on for the duration then I can see a hard fought victory.Safe journey for our travelling fans.

Big-match preview

SOMETHING has to give in the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday (3.30pm kick-off) in a Betfred League 1 top-four clash that will mean a lot to both Hunslet and Oldham.

Read full article

Bridge, Langtree set hot pace

BACK-ROW strike pair Danny Bridge and Danny Langtree are neck and neck at the top of Oldham’s try list as Roughyeds prepare to start the second half of the Betfred League 1 campaign at Hunslet on Sunday (3.30pm kick-off).

Read full article

Good luck today lads and to the travelling fans. My plans for attendance were killed on Friday when my employer announced that the firm were in administration and they would not be paying salaries. 

I have been there 12 months so not much protection so my claim has gone into the government and I might get something in 6 weeks. 

The worst thing is that I have to go to work until 29.06. No motivation and no cash. 

I put my CV out on Friday and got in trouble for saying the firm was in administration. 

Attendance might be in doubt now.... Not fused about the firm but I am for my family and not being able to attend games. 

I just need to vent my anger guys..... Sorry 

Should be a cracker of a game,  hope the pitch is in better nick than last week , it was more like a yellow dustbowl than a green surface !Weve had some great games with Oldham in the past , lets hope todays another .

Bad day today, effort was there but execution terrible. If we played the simple stuff instead of looking for the Hollywood pass all the time we may have got a result today. We are simply too naive to close a game out and manage the game properly when its so tight. Worst performance of the season for me, made worse by the loss of Langers who wasnt in the 17 today for injury reasons and the loss during the game of Bridgey and Phil Joy.  Couldnt have been worse really. 

Could be the end of our top 2 ambitions with this loss. 3rd is the target for sure now.

We have to bounce back next week against Worky, that game will be a tough one too.

Im hoping for a reaction after a dismal performance in South Leeds, pretty peed off with today tbh.

Terrible second half display. If we had showed any sort of composure we would have won when they went down to 12 and had plenty of ball on their line. 

Thought the forwards were good again especially Briscoe, Jones and Nelmes as were both centres. Both wingers had a bit of a nightmare dropping the ball over the line and Owen probably had his worst game since his return.

Crook and Hewitt get a way with absolute murder at times. They both do so little for the majority of the game and time and time again in the big games it is costing us. Got to drop one and find another half if we want promotion.

Hope Langers and Bridge's injuries aren't too bad as we missed them terribly in the second half.

Sadly, when we play against a decent side we come unstuck. We have the same failings as last season, as yed34 said we don't have the nouse or experience in the side to run the clock down eg. ball into touch, scrum down, feigning injury, anything to win at all costs.

It's really a shame they didn't win yesterday it would have put another 10 or 20 on next week's attendance.

Bradford and York have the top two positions sewn up UNLESS we thump 'em both next time out.

Could be worse - imagine being an Hairnet!!!!!!!!!

I'm still bitterly disappointed , even with the injuries we sustained we created plenty of chances and it seemed it was harder not to score them after the pack had laid the platform. 

Luke Nelmes, Briscoe and Adam Jones terrific as usual.  Some of those wild passes out wide were crazy and we just needed to make sure we got over rather than producing a wonder try. 

Stats

Hooley-4 tackles. 2 misses. one clean break. 11 carries=95m

West-13 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle busts. 12 carries=103m

McComb-22 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 3 tackle busts. one try assist. 13 carries=93m

Reid-26 tackles. one miss. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 12 carries=124m

Kershaw-one offload. one tackle bust. one clean break. 14 carries=102m

Crook-15 tackles. one miss. one offload. 5 carries=12m

Hewitt-7 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. 4 carries=21m

Joy-7 tackles. 9 carries=57m

Owen-13 tackles. 3 misses. 2 tackle busts. 3 carries=12m

Spencer-25 tackles. 2 misses. 15 carries=109m

Bridge-12 tackles. one miss. one offload. one tackle bust. 3 carries=20m

Briscoe-42 tackles. one miss. 9 carries=99m

Bent-43 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 14 carries=87m

subs

Wilkinson-17 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 4 carries=17m

Jones-18 tackles. 3 tackle busts. 7 carries=68m

Nelmes-27 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 17 carries=132m

Rasool-22 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 4 carries=34m

What's the latest on the injury front?

Losing Langers and others last season was in my opinion why we were relegated. Let's pray there isn't going to be a repeat this season. I still feel we are good enough to go up at the expense of both Swinton and the Hairnets.

Unbelievable from Briscoe and Benty. Massive credit to Nelmes too. Some grafting that. Pity the backs made such a dogs dinner of it at crucial times.

Langers and Bridge i fear may be out a couple of weeks at least. Phil Joy went off too never to return. Hopefully our injury jinx hasnt struck again and the lads will be ok after a bit of rehab. We can certainly do without any long term injuries at this stage of the season. Tbf the lads who have come in have done brilliantly.

Winning run ends as Hunslet complete a double

ALL good things come to an end . . . like Oldham’s eight-match winning streak on a baking hot Sunday afternoon in south Leeds.

Read full article

'We tried to be amazing when we needed to keep it simple' -- Scott

That was Scott Naylor’s summary of the day Roughyeds ended their eight-match winning run and Hunslet completed a league double with a 16-12 win at the South Leeds Stadium.

Read full article

Archived