Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
terrywebbisgod

England announce squad for u16 France tour

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RL is the future said:

Is George Roby a relative of James? Some unbelievable names in this squad!

Don't think so. George is a great hooker too though like his namesake. Full of fire, and devilment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sco77 said:

Don't think so. George is a great hooker too though like his namesake. Full of fire, and devilment. 

Yeah I saw him play for England yesterday and for Warrington this year and he looks a really bright prospect. Some very talented boys in this U16s squad and some lads were missing as well

  • Like 1

 

19511433_1375790279214260_3955754964281790455_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So again (as is after every time these games are played) how to we take these results and go from here to a competitive French national team in 5-10 years?

No offense to Catalans, Toulouse and Elite but it would be good to see at least a few of these players get signed by English or Australian clubs. Too many seem to go on to languish in Elite 1 and never fulfill their potential.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jim_57 said:

So again (as is after every time these games are played) how to we take these results and go from here to a competitive French national team in 5-10 years?

No offense to Catalans, Toulouse and Elite but it would be good to see at least a few of these players get signed by English or Australian clubs. Too many seem to go on to languish in Elite 1 and never fulfill their potential.

The SL clubs should be taking a long hard look at some of these French kids... there’s always been talent across the Channel and we should be seeking to tap into that over here far more than we currently do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

The SL clubs should be taking a long hard look at some of these French kids... there’s always been talent across the Channel and we should be seeking to tap into that over here far more than we currently do.

Here's a bit of a left field idea, but what about English Super League clubs looking to partner with Elite clubs so that there is an oppurtunity to ease kids in to a move across the channel as opposed to them having to totally uproot at such a young age.

To throw a random example out there say Castleford partner with Lezignan, Castleford could sign one or more of these Under 16/18's but have them live and train mostly in France with Lezignan to start. Castleford can have a say on the kid's training, recomended diet etc and pay for English lessons if needed then bring them over to England occasionally to train and/or play for a few weeks. If/when they are up to it move them over full time.

Edited by jim_57
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carcassonne are looking to do this but haven't found anyone, Albi are twinned with Leeds and a few players went to Leeds for a month last year, the French no6 fabre is supposed to be going this year. He is quality ! Would be great if lucas Cuellar the hooker could get a chance in England for a few months ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Carcassonne are looking to do this but haven't found anyone, Albi are twinned with Leeds and a few players went to Leeds for a month last year, the French no6 fabre is supposed to be going this year. He is quality ! Would be great if lucas Cuellar the hooker could get a chance in England for a few months ! 

Would be great if we could see more of this, conpetition for talent can only be a good thing as opposed to them all going to St Esteve.

Hard to see how Elite or Super League clubs lose and it would certainly be easier on players if they can sign a contract with an English club but be eased in to a potential full time move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is Monday's game being streamed? Do you have a link to it please.

There is no game on Monday. The two match series is finished 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 5:41 PM, jim_57 said:

Here's a bit of a left field idea, but what about English Super League clubs looking to partner with Elite clubs so that there is an oppurtunity to ease kids in to a move across the channel as opposed to them having to totally uproot at such a young age.

To throw a random example out there say Castleford partner with Lezignan, Castleford could sign one or more of these Under 16/18's but have them live and train mostly in France with Lezignan to start. Castleford can have a say on the kid's training, recomended diet etc and pay for English lessons if needed then bring them over to England occasionally to train and/or play for a few weeks. If/when they are up to it move them over full time.

Cas to have a say on their recommended diet .......... is there a Greggs in Lezignan?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Cas to have a say on their recommended diet .......... is there a Greggs in Lezignan?

In a similar vein, I am fairly sure those English lessons will need to be very heavily adapted if your eventual destination is Cas or Wigan.

  • Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is Monday's game being streamed? Do you have a link to it please.

They play the Catalans under 16s tonight but it's not streamed! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Daddy said:

There is no game on Monday. The two match series is finished 

They play Catalans 16's tonight.


Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know the score but I reckon if Alex chans middle son teki chan played a few English lads will be sore this morning ! He plays for xiii Catalans u16 and juniors, 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...