NFL season 2018/19

Looking at the schedule, some brilliant games next week.

Atlanta at Washington

Pittsburgh at Baltimore is always good

Chargers at Seattle in a sneaky brilliant game

Rams at N'Orleans in the game of the season so far

Rodgers at Brady in a classic.

I'm off work so will be watching redzone all the way through baby! Whoopity

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/30/2018 at 2:27 AM, MattSantos said:

Looking at the schedule, some brilliant games next week.

Atlanta at Washington

Pittsburgh at Baltimore is always good

Chargers at Seattle in a sneaky brilliant game

Rams at N'Orleans in the game of the season so far

Rodgers at Brady in a classic.

I'm off work so will be watching redzone all the way through baby! Whoopity

Come on you Saints!! Also great game tomorrow night,LSU v Alabama in college football.

Rams unbeaten record comes to an end as they go down 45-35 to Saints. Atlanta go to 4~4 downing the Redskins. Chargers show they are contenders by winning in noisy Seattle. Pittsburgh defeat Ravens a lot easier than scoreline suggests. In the early games wibs also for Carolina ,Miami , Chicago and Minnesota keeping them in the play off picture. Have Patriots ended Green Bay play off hopes already as they defeat them 31-17. Finally wins also for Kansas City and Houston keep them top of their respective  AFC divisions.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Interesting week ten. On Thursday  Steelers  go over 50 on Carloina and on Sunday Saints go to Cinncy and do the same. As I have said before Patriots aren't going to the Superbowl with that defence and on Sunday Tennessee beat them 34-10 Brady sitting out the the 4th quarter. Rams beat Seahawks in a feisty encounter with Todd Gourley running for 120 yards thankfully the game has not become who can throw the most.... yet.  Current champions the Eagles go down to Dallas they will not be going back to back. Wins also for  Chicago, Washington and Kansas City who consolidate their leads in their respective divisons.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Week 11. Week of the quarterback. Week11 started last Thursday as Seattle went into Green Bay and sacked Rodgers time after time. therefore proving you may have the best quarterback but if our big blokes are bigger than your big blokes. So to Sunday Washington lose their quarterback for the rest of the season with a broken leg against Houston who after losing their first three have now won seven in a row. Speaking of seven Andrew Luck  for the  seventh game in a row throws for three or more touchdowns for an improving Colts side. Big Ben having been kept scoreless in the first half leads a fourth quarter comeback as the Steelers end the Jaguars season. Cam Newton blots his copybook by going for a two point conversion in the dying seconds that would have won the game. Their attempt failed and Lions win the game. The much maligned Casey Keenum of Denver leads them on a drive that sets-up game winning last kick  field goal as they surprise the Chargers. The Saints with the evergreen Drew Brees demolish the Eagles 48-7. Baltimore with stand-in quarterback Lamar Jackson defeat Cincinnati, and Bears cement their lead in NFC north with a win at Minnesota. Finally week 11 finishes with Kansas City led by Mahomes at the Rams. The game was originally scheduled to be played in Mexico City however because of the condition of the playing surface game moved back to L.A.

LA Rams Vs Kansas City is now the highest scoring monday night game of all time.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

LA Rams Vs Kansas City is now the highest scoring monday night game of all time.  

Rams defeat Chiefs 54-51. Mahomes throws for six touchdowns but crucially was intercepted three times, one returned for a touchdown. He was also stripped of the ball during a sack with the  Rams defender ambling into the end zone

57 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Rams defeat Chiefs 54-51. Mahomes throws for six touchdowns but crucially was intercepted three times, one returned for a touchdown. He was also stripped of the ball during a sack with the  Rams defender ambling into the end zone

It was an odd game, good for the casual fan as it was still in contention into the last minute.  Some great plays and some really poor ones.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

54-51? That's a college score. What's going on with the NFL?

Basically, they are erasing defence.  Some of the roughing the passer calls are ridiculous  same with pass interference.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Final score after 7 lots of Overtime: Texas A&M 74 LSU 72.

The NFL needs to up its game.

That sounds more like a basketball score.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

11 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Final score after 7 lots of Overtime: Texas A&M 74 LSU 72.

The NFL needs to up its game.

That s finished LSU s hopes of a major bowl appearance this season.

The games I ve seen at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge are among my best sporting events.

29 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

That s finished LSU s hopes of a major bowl appearance this season.

The games I ve seen at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge are among my best sporting events.

Geaux Tigers?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

29 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Can see the Giants being decent next year.

They were supposed to be this year?

26 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

BACK-2-BACK BROWNS!!! ? 

Cleveland win 2 games in a row for the first time since October 2014.

Baker Mayfield's last three games

65/88, 771 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT

The Browns seem to have drafted a Quarterback! ? 

Helps that Hue has gone.

Would love Arians to go back there.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

4 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Were they? Hampered by a terrible QB

Steelers do it again, lose to a team they should have easily beat.

Brownies!

Bit harsh describing a bloke with two superbowl rings as terrible perhaps past it would be a better description.

On the subject  of quarterbacks Phillip Rivers equals the completed pass record with 25 in a row against the Cardinals. It is the record for most consecutive pass in one game. Rivers finished with 28/29 as the Chargers beat the Cardinals.

Regarding the Steelers, Denver as Romo kept stating last night are not that bad a team and their schedule now gets a lot easier tho best they can do is a wild card. Yesterday, was the third week in succession they played a team on a roll of six wins in a row, first time that had happened in 42 years.

In the late game my pre-season punt for the superbowl, Minnesota, kept their play-off hopes alive by defeating Green Bay

Archived