2019. Is it Warringtons year?

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:32 PM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It always seems to be Warrington though. At every major event that they’re involved with, there’s trouble. 

Just for the record, OC, I experienced no trouble at Wembley, even when in a sea of primrose and blue at a nearby pub before the game, and where I was one of about three in Dragons' replica shirts.

One Wire fan looked at me sternly and said, "Do you speak English?"  When I replied "Er, yes!" she asked why I supported a French team, and seemed to accept and appreciate my reply.

After the game there was still no trouble anywhere near where I was, as I left.  And still 'selfies' being taken of mixed groups of Wire and Dragons' fans.

In recent seasons, at there free-flowing best, the Wire have been one of the most attractive teams to watch (along with Castleford and Les Dracs, when in the right mood and mode)  I hope they don't become too predictable under Price.  If they don't, then I really do hope they have some joy in 2019.

The Warrington fans I saw both before and after the game were great, aside from some gentle ribbing about owning a whippet and have a ferret down my trousers (i was wearing a fev shirt).

Can't comment on the bottle throwing as I'd nipped off to the loo.

The only trouble I saw was about 6 or 7 drunks wearing Wigan shirts scrapping among themselves after the game in the concourse under the stand.

The majority of Wire fans will consider this season a success although no final victories. After last seasons dissapointments Price has brought a new culture which seems to be paying off. Player recruitment next season should improve the squad.

As for trouble at the GF, every year you will get reports of problems. Not just with the two sets of fans but neutrals also and own set of fans fighting amongst themselves. I just feel the evening ko gives extra drinking time and the concourse/tunnel areas are so intimidating before and after the game. I know Wire fans who didnt go this year for such reasons.  

Wembley on the other hand this year Wire fans were mixing well with Catalan fans and neutrals suuporting Catalan. Wembley and Old Trafford totally different atmosphere i.m.o.

48 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Can't comment on the bottle throwing as I'd nipped off to the loo.

That's convenient.   You drink everything in your bottle, thereby needing a pee.   Someone throws an empty bottle on to the pitch and while they're looking for the culprit you are suddenly in the concourse out of sight ?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

On 10/13/2018 at 8:30 PM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Hopefully never and this odious missile throwing vermin they have ‘supporting’ them all die off having never seen them win a title. 

What do you mean, “all?” Are you saying that Wire fans in general act like this, or are you one of these clowns who tars everyone with the same brush when you see something? There were two or 3 idiots throwing plastic beer bottles (at £4.50 a bottle I couldn’t afford to do that if I wanted to), but every Club has their share of idiots, and I’ve no doubt your own Club has the same, but as it’s your own Club you’ll probably ignore it.

9 minutes ago, Teessidewire said:

What do you mean, “all?” Are you saying that Wire fans in general act like this, or are you one of these clowns who tars everyone with the same brush when you see something? There were two or 3 idiots throwing plastic beer bottles (at £4.50 a bottle I couldn’t afford to do that if I wanted to), but every Club has their share of idiots, and I’ve no doubt your own Club has the same, but as it’s your own Club you’ll probably ignore it.

Clearly stated the “odious missile throwing vermin”. If you feel this is you, then okay. 

30 minutes ago, Teessidewire said:

Stick him on ignore mate; he has got nothing sensible to say.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:13 PM, Manx RL said:

Another year and it’s not Warringtons. When will it be their year?

It certainly won't be Hudds. But keep dreaming.

Archived