Well that did'nt take long

plug

Dance with wolves, get bitten

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Not watched any games yet........first one will be sunday........anyway so far is Cameron King any good?

We've lost 2 out of 3 and he wasn't exactly getting deals thrown at him down under.........  Leeds may well be looking at him but i think he'll need to stand out in this league before he's anywhere near their first team.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

17 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Not watched any games yet........first one will be sunday........anyway so far is Cameron King any good?

We've lost 2 out of 3 and he wasn't exactly getting deals thrown at him down under.........  Leeds may well be looking at him but i think he'll need to stand out in this league before he's anywhere near their first team.

I think he's been pretty good, has played big minutes, shows leadership qualities, he's certainly a good-quality 9 in this league. Whether he's good enough to play regularly at 9 in a good SL team is harder to tell, it's not like he's been ripping teams apart so far, plus his injury history has to come into consideration, that would have been partly what put the NRL teams off (and he was released by the team that finished bottom of the league).

Really pleased we've got him, not convinced he's been better than a (very good) Championship player so far, but it's early days.

14 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Hope it is not true but Parcell is a good player. We may get the best of both worlds.

Think the wheels would have to fall off big time for Parcell to end up playing regularly in the Championship, he's a quality SL hooker who will probably have multiple teams after him whether in the NRL or SL when his contract with Leeds ends this year.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:49 PM, tuutaisrambo said:

My impressions of Kingy so far is of a player who wears his heart on his sleeve and feeds off the crowd. He made a couple of thumping, crowd-pleasing tackles against Batley. We've seen glimmers of his class, I think. He's got some good ideas from dummy half and I'm sure we'll see more of it this season. His best is yet to come for us.

From following him on social media, it's apparent that he's enjoying his time at Fev. I think he genuinely appreciates the support. Yesterday his thought for the day was "a person who feels appreciated will always do more than is expected." He's previously alluded to feeling betrayed at a previous club, perhaps at being let go by Parramatta? 

His coming to Fev clearly had a lot to do with his existing friendship with Carr, and as long as we have Carr I think we'll have King. Of course every player fancies their chances of playing at the highest level, but the Briscoe situation should be a cautionary tale - a record-breaker for Fev who has ended up back here after not cementing a place in the Rhinos squad, with a lot of negative comments from Leeds fans as to his ability at SL level. Difficult to turn down a full-time contract though if that's your aim, and I don't begrudge anyone their shot at SL if they've given their all for Fev.

As for Kingy, he has a real chance of becoming a cult hero at Fev. I hope he sticks with us for a little while longer.

Archived