Dr Koukash generosity

Col81

I have just been to the Widnes fund raiser and Marwan turned up what a lovely guy. Gave away fortunes in prizes, made everybody smile, a great host. I am a Saints fan but really enjoyed the night. If you read this Marwan I would love a visit to your stables and would donate happily to the Widnes fund or injured jockey fund. I dont have Twitter so not sure how to contact you. Thank you for your rugby support and a nice evening.

23 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Sounds like a real nice honest down to Earth guy...i'm new to rugby league though...does this guy have a history in the sport????

Not a long one. He is a horse racing man. Got interested in RL and bought Salford in 2013, sold them last year.

He has been a somewhat controversial figure. He seems to have plenty of big ideas but they are often unrealistic or downright bad. And he is prone to saying and doing stupid things that chairmen shouldn't really be saying and doing. But he seems to be a good guy at heart.

1 minute ago, MZH said:

Not a long one. He is a horse racing man. Got interested in RL and bought Salford in 2013, sold them last year.

He has been a somewhat controversial figure. He seems to have plenty of big ideas but they are often unrealistic or downright bad. And he is prone to saying and doing stupid things that chairmen shouldn't really be saying and doing. But he seems to be a good guy at heart.

Well, after what i have seen, with those traits he would have gone right to the top amongst the owners in SL....why doesn't he just buy Widnes then?

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Well, after what i have seen, with those traits he would have gone right to the top amongst the owners in SL....why doesn't he just buy Widnes then?

I guess he tried that, spent £millions and was hated by the RFL, other owners and a lot of fans!  If you got that abuse daily and governing bodies constantly trying to silence you  - would you try again?  He wrote off approx. £5m that Salford built up under his tenure, and supported the purchase of players since.

The RFL, and some fans have driven a mega rich fan ( who was prepared to spend money) out of Salford and prob out of the top tier of the game.  

RL fans have a major chip on our shoulder  ( often correctly) about the mega rich who support RU teams.  How they get the big name sponsorship deals, how it is all a class thing.

Marwan shows up, invested £millions, gets a sponsorship deal with Mitsubishi UK,  spends the cap ( and a bit more) and pumps his money into a RL club!

He would be lauded in RU circles, but in RL he was hated by fans, chased by the RFL, bullied by other owners ( even when he was proven right ( eg TV deal),  and eventually gifted SRD the £5/6 million he has invested so he "can exit RL and gift the club to fans"

He obviously is still a fan and likes supporting but why would he ( or anyone else with money) lose more of their money in a sport that is vocal in hating them?

1 hour ago, kiyan said:

I guess he tried that, spent £millions and was hated by the RFL, other owners and a lot of fans!  If you got that abuse daily and governing bodies constantly trying to silence you  - would you try again?  He wrote off approx. £5m that Salford built up under his tenure, and supported the purchase of players since.

The RFL, and some fans have driven a mega rich fan ( who was prepared to spend money) out of Salford and prob out of the top tier of the game.  

RL fans have a major chip on our shoulder  ( often correctly) about the mega rich who support RU teams.  How they get the big name sponsorship deals, how it is all a class thing.

Marwan shows up, invested £millions, gets a sponsorship deal with Mitsubishi UK,  spends the cap ( and a bit more) and pumps his money into a RL club!

He would be lauded in RU circles, but in RL he was hated by fans, chased by the RFL, bullied by other owners ( even when he was proven right ( eg TV deal),  and eventually gifted SRD the £5/6 million he has invested so he "can exit RL and gift the club to fans"

He obviously is still a fan and likes supporting but why would he ( or anyone else with money) lose more of their money in a sport that is vocal in hating them?

Anyone that supportsToronto knows that feeling...seems to be a part of RL culture.

When he was asked by Terry O'Connor last night if he'd ever "take over" at Widnes, he said "never say never"!

He seems a genuinely nice fella, and he got a great reception from the fans. As well as his Twitter prizes, he auctioned more on the night, and must have raised almost another £2,000. Oh, and he started a bucket collection on stage, and threw £100 in.

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

What type of sin are we talking here????.....hope I didn't miss any fun.

The kind of sin that gets you into trouble and no appeals when you're caught!

The usual for a TGG fan.

But the emphasis of the saying was "miserable" evidence above in reems.

What they need is a format, with fill in as necessary

------- --------  -------- TWP, ______  _______ _______ refs, _______ _____ _____ RFL _______ ____ ______ Salford crowds, _____ _____ _____ Marwan Koukash,   ______ _____ ______   (fill in as applicable) (attach more here) ________ copy and paste happiness!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

The kind of sin that gets you into trouble and no appeals when you're caught!

The usual for a TGG fan.

But the emphasis of the saying was "miserable" evidence above in reems.

What they need is a format, with fill in as necessary

------- --------  -------- TWP, ______  _______ _______ refs, _______ _____ _____ RFL _______ ____ ______ Salford crowds, _____ _____ _____ Marwan Koukash,   ______ _____ ______   (fill in as applicable) (attach more here) ________ copy and paste happiness!

May God Bless TWP, May God Bless refs, God Bless the RFL, May God Bless Salford Crowds, God Bless Marwan Koukash if he saves Widnes!

6 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

TBH Widnes would be a much better vehicle for him than Salford ever were. I really don't think it would take a great deal to fire the Widnes public back up, which would give him what he craves which sadly Salford never could imo. He'll be a huge deal in Widnes and thats what he really wants.

The Luddite nature of penniless SM heroes keeps our sport in the skint condition  we are in by driving cash away. We need more Marwans, we need to project success , we need leaders who are not jealous of cash and extroverts 

8 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

The Luddite nature of penniless SM heroes keeps our sport in the skint condition  we are in by driving cash away. We need more Marwans, we need to project success , we need leaders who are not jealous of cash and extroverts 

I have blamed lack of vision, imagination and blinkers. I have villified every relevany organisation from the Beeb to the RFL.

I've even laid some of it at yawn's door.

But I never suspected S&M was at the root of all this, fifty shades of TGG!

Well I never!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived