Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Are there any more teams having to play Saturday and Sunday in the Challenge Cup and Barla Cup fixtures. WEST Hull have to play Dewsbury Moor and Skirlaugh 9th/10th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

Are there any more teams having to play Saturday and Sunday in the Challenge Cup and Barla Cup fixtures. WEST Hull have to play Dewsbury Moor and Skirlaugh 9th/10th

Possibly,guess it's the price to be paid for entering the challenge cup and the nonentity that the national cup has become,given the shambles of a relationship that exists between BARLA & the NCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly both cups now a drab affair, the shine has gone from them now, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Fax lad said:

Siddal have to play 2 games, Upton st home on Saturday and Workington town on the Sunday 

Siddal will put out their 2nd team against Upton I would suspect as they'll be more than capable of beating them, with the first team kept fresh for Sunday. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like West Hull have another double to do Upton in the national Cup and Dewsbury Rams in the challenge cup 30th/31st weekend, the joys of Cup rugby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats shocking surely challenge cup has to be made priority over national cup thats no disrespect to national cup but surely rearranging game for week after wont hurt anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Thatto are in the same boat, they're playing North Wales in the challenge cup and walney away in the barla Cup, both the same day. They'll use the nwml team to play in barla Cup like they did in the last round v Hunslet Parkside when their ncl team played Rochdale Mayfield on the same day. 

Why don't West Hull use their second team rather than players doubling up in both competitions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had to use players from both sides for both games as it should have been a free weekend so players had arranged other things meaning some played both games and some one or the other, not ideal but what else can you do when you can't change the dates. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rammo23 said:

They had to use players from both sides for both games as it should have been a free weekend so players had arranged other things meaning some played both games and some one or the other, not ideal but what else can you do when you can't change the dates. 

The challenge cup 3rd round was programmed in for 9th/10th  March and the quarter final barla Cup was programmed for 9th March also at the very start of the season when the scheduling was being done. Blank weekend for ncl fixture to accommodate challenge cup, so if a team progresses in either Cup it was never going to be a blank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They would still of had to play Saturday and Sunday with been down to play HCP so it wouldn't have made a difference not been in either one of the cup ties. 

Edited by Rammo23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 11:38 PM, Rammo23 said:

Looks like West Hull have another double to do Upton in the national Cup and Dewsbury Rams in the challenge cup 30th/31st weekend, the joys of Cup rugby. 

BARLA view the National Cup as having priority over everything except the Challenge Cup. West Hull must be electing to play Saturday and Sunday of that week as by rights the National Cup game should defer to the Saturday 6th April.

I know it changes nothing as it will still clash with the NCL league match the week after but teams know the situation before entering.

Not an ideal situation but a sign of success.


SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

 

 

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have heard I don't think they have much choice really like you said if they play it the week after they still have to play twice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldham st Anne’s had same issue early round of BARLA national cup play NCL game or national cup we offered oppentents night game or Sunday they refused so BARLA forced us to give game up allowing opponents free ride to next round it makes the BARLA national cup a waste of time 

Does this make anyone on BARLA committee think what are we here for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 9:36 AM, topcentre21 said:

thats shocking surely challenge cup has to be made priority over national cup thats no disrespect to national cup but surely rearranging game for week after wont hurt anyone

This must be the first season that this has happened and it needs all concerned to work this out together which it should have been done via the community board.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, neutralfan said:

Has anybody got an update on young Ben Heyes after that sickening head clash at Thatto Heath?

Both Ben Heyes and Cam Leeming were up and about in the changing rooms after the game. Both attended hospital later in the evening. Ben was checked over and diagnosed with concussion. 

Cam was also assessed as being concussed and has unfortunately also suffer fractures to his jaw and cheek bone.

Hopefully both player make speedy recoveries. 

The spectator that took ill at the same time as the incident has also been released from hospital and is recuperating at home.

A busy day for the medical professionals and volunteers who did an excellent job of looking after those concerned.

  • Like 1

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

 

 

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, thestatman said:

Both Ben Heyes and Cam Leeming were up and about in the changing rooms after the game. Both attended hospital later in the evening. Ben was checked over and diagnosed with concussion. 

Cam was also assessed as being concussed and has unfortunately also suffer fractures to his jaw and cheek bone.

Hopefully both player make speedy recoveries. 

The spectator that took ill at the same time as the incident has also been released from hospital and is recuperating at home.

A busy day for the medical professionals and volunteers who did an excellent job of looking after those concerned.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...