Fri 19 Apr: SL: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/04/19 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

22 050 is the official figure

So best part of 44k for the Hull and Wigan games.

Good money in the coffers. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Happy with that. Didn’t play particularly that well IMO but way too good. 

I think we miss Fages.  Richardson isn't the player he looked like being during the first half of last season and having a poor seven really does make a difference IMO.  We also suffered for losing Percy early on.  LMS tries hard but he isn't a centre and we lose his enthusiasm in the forwards when he is shunted out there.

Still, we won.  That is a Good Thing!  Two Good Friday wins on the bounce.  Amazing after all those lean years!

Immaturity in Wigans play.  Easy to see it can be with to many players out... but still to much immaturity. Too many no need for it errors. And of course the ref never bothers with the usual ploy of laying on in the  tackle by Saints.

Plus 2 more serious looking injuries. The Saints player should get several matches.  But the game is losing far too many injuries.

That went as expected. Wigan were poor, saints getting away with there usual tactics. Surprised Wigan scored twice to be honest but I don’t think saints were even at there best.

11 minutes ago, 7723 said:

That went as expected. Wigan were poor, saints getting away with there usual tactics. Surprised Wigan scored twice to be honest but I don’t think saints were even at there best.

‘Usual tactics’ means completely dominating the game right?

37 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Immaturity in Wigans play.  Easy to see it can be with to many players out... but still to much immaturity. Too many no need for it errors. And of course the ref never bothers with the usual ploy of laying on in the  tackle by Saints.

Plus 2 more serious looking injuries. The Saints player should get several matches.  But the game is losing far too many injuries.

You obviously choose to ignore the dirty tricks of Wigan in every tackle. Wane may have gone but the tactics stay the same.

40 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Don’t understand how that wasn’t a red card at the end.

12 minutes ago, Bod said:

Behave.

Head contact. If we are serious about player welfare then we need to starting acting on it. There was no attempt to tackle, just a wild shoulder charge.

4 minutes ago, 7723 said:

Head contact. If we are serious about player welfare then we need to starting acting on it. There was no attempt to tackle, just a wild shoulder charge.

Unless Shorrocks’ Head is on his back, I’m not sure you have a point. A whiplash type injury from looking at it. Zero contact with the head. At that point of the game there would be no need to shoulder charge. It was a poor tackle. Nothing more. Nothing malicious. Just stupid. 

7 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Unless Shorrocks’ Head is on his back, I’m not sure you have a point. A whiplash type injury from looking at it. Zero contact with the head. At that point of the game there would be no need to shoulder charge. It was a poor tackle. Nothing more. Nothing malicious. Just stupid. 

Your right there would be no need to shoulder charge, he still did it though. It was stupid and deserves a ban.

Just now, 7723 said:

Your right there would be no need to shoulder charge, he still did it though. It was stupid and deserves a ban.

I didn’t disagree. It isn’t worthy of a “lengthy ban” though. 

If you’re wanting someone to get a lengthy ban, look at Scott Taylor’s “Challenge” on Ben Crookes. That was malicious and nasty and worthy of a long ban. 

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

If you’re wanting someone to get a lengthy ban, look at Scott Taylor’s “Challenge” on Ben Crookes. That was malicious and nasty and worthy of a long ban. 

Unfortunately missed the Hull derby as I was making my way to watch Wigan lose again!

Very pleasing win today. Probably our biggest win over Wigan since 2008. It's probably been that long since we truly dominated them in a match. I never felt we were in danger of losing.

There were some good tries in the game and Graces hat trick try probably the highlight. We didn't hit the heights of our performances against Cas and Wire, but didn't need to.

I thought Wigan were flat and poor. That is of course mitigated by a lengthy injury list, compared to ours.

Horrible to hear of Davies injury. From the away stand, it initially appeared to just be a huge hit. Sadly, it soon became apparent that it was very serious. Here's hoping he makes a quick and full recovery.

I haven't seen the Peyroux shoulder charge back. On first view, he didn't appear to make contact with the head. I assume that he didn't or it would have been red.

That said, he flew out of the line and was out of control. It had the potential to injure and it did. Even if there wasn't direct contact with the head, I would have no complaints if he got a lengthy ban.

Players should be discouraged from making challenges such as that, or like Sam Moa's yesterday. 

24 minutes ago, 7723 said:

According to Cummings on Sky, a shoulder charge doesn't attract a ban unless it involves contact to the head, which this one did not.  However, a sin bin is a common response to a shoulder charge, which I fully support as Peyroux was a nob and I'm just glad he was a nob with only 1.5 minutes to go because being two players down already due to injury he would have put immense pressure on the team had he been a nob earlier.

4 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Horrible to hear of Davies injury. From the away stand, it initially appeared to just be a huge hit. Sadly, it soon became apparent that it was very serious. Here's hoping he makes a quick and full recovery.

It wasn't a huge hit.  He got his studs caught in the ground and his leg came under the wrong kind of pressure as a result of what was an ordinary tackle.

51 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Its the Wigan player in hospital having a scan.   

30 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

It wasn't a huge hit.  He got his studs caught in the ground and his leg came under the wrong kind of pressure as a result of what was an ordinary tackle.

Yeah it's the sort of tackle that happens tens of thousands of times but every now and again something gets stuck in the wrong place and results in a terrible injury.

1 hour ago, 7723 said:

I'm not disagreeing with your point made just using it as a example, how can it be classed as a shoulder charge when the tackler didn't move forward just turned his shoulder into the player, a lawyer would tear it to peices if the charge was that, the RFL need to come up with a better definition of such incidents or they could finish up in a legal minefield, I suppose its being pro-active, not something there known for.

Archived