Stadium..a sad day

Rango

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I believe there is a public meeting on Friday afternoon regarding the stadium. Hopefully anyone who wants the project to go ahead will attend. 

This is it!  This could be the turning point.

39 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I believe there is a public meeting on Friday afternoon regarding the stadium. Hopefully anyone who wants the project to go ahead will attend. 

Yes unicorn 1pm at allerdale House is the time and place. Regardless of what they were all saying pre election about the stadium complex hopefully now they have all the facts and figures they will come to the same conclusion as the rest of us.

This is an absolutely fantastic opportunity not only for the here and now but also for future generations. It could fuel a golden period for both sports teams and unearth the next sporting superstars.

It’ll also be a shot in the arm for the struggling high street with all the extra office staff that would be based there.

The planning is all but recommended for approval and the finance is in place.

Lets not blow this fantastic opportunity. Fingers crossed ?? 

7 minutes ago, Rango said:

Yes unicorn 1pm at allerdale House is the time and place. Regardless of what they were all saying pre election about the stadium complex hopefully now they have all the facts and figures they will come to the same conclusion as the rest of us.

This is an absolutely fantastic opportunity not only for the here and now but also for future generations. It could fuel a golden period for both sports teams and unearth the next sporting superstars.

It’ll also be a shot in the arm for the struggling high street with all the extra office staff that would be based there.

The planning is all but recommended for approval and the finance is in place.

Lets not blow this fantastic opportunity. Fingers crossed ?? 

We live in hope. I've heard some encouraging comments by people in the know. All will be revealed on Friday. 

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Carlisle council APPROVE a 25m upgrade of the sands centre.  Now that's forward thinking and investing in their area to benefit all.  Are you watching allerdale!

Let's hope not! The Sands Centre is located inches away from the River Eden and has succumbed to significant flooding twice in recent history. With all climatic projections pointing to an increased incidence of flooding in the immediate future the decision to focus on a multi million pound investment in that location flies in the face of all logic - but that's local government all over!

11 hours ago, Rango said:

2 hours ago, town4me said:

Carlisle council APPROVE a 25m upgrade of the sands centre.  Now that's forward thinking and investing in their area to benefit all.  Are you watching allerdale!

You and the others.... listen to me for a second...you don't know me but I know, from my life, how to get action on things like this...trust me I know...I've done it on the big stage..big time!

Get a group of babies in carriages for the release...have each child (and adult pushjing the carriage) dressed in a different teams outfit...the soccer team...the rugby team...the other teams.  if there are not others then have different shirts for them of the same team and have a small flotilla of say 7-10 carriages.   Enter together in a line with the strollers.

Now contact the BBC and  all of the other news outlets and tell them about the flotilla...also camera photo people and print people....TELL EVERYONE IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE BEFOREHAND! - like now!

The rest will take care of itself....it makes for a powerful soundbite, photo, live feed for news....it will work!  TRUST ME ON THIS ONE~!

Like drawing bees to honey!

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS!

1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

The only saving grace if so. A very depressing article. Is this really what people are supposed to get excited about nowadays?  Don't we have enough KFC's,  Lidls, Costa's etc but still more pub restaurants even though pubs are closing everywhere. I wonder what the council will do with the extra revenue from the sell-off or is it just going to balance the austerity books?

Limited ambition , scaling back , making do . Seems very Reds orientated there . We need the new stadium or it’s a poor message for the medium n longer term . Hopefully we don’t settle for second best after all this . Will send the wrong message about the area 

Great, so a half arsed upgrade using space that isnt there. Also, how can this be true "But he said the cost of building these enabling developments adjacent to the ground, rather than as part of the stadium, could be “considerably cheaper”, how can building a completely new building away from the stadium be cheaper, considering they will have to run new services to this building, build a new structure etc? The whole thing sounds like its terribly thought out.

Archived