Stadium..a sad day

Rango

What's the reasons the Independent party giving  NOT to go ahead with the STADIUM  I would rather call it a COMPLEX as the two clubs are just a small part of this project . The big picture is office blocks to hold SELLAFIELD  WORKERS , NHS,  COSTA, and a  HOTEL .plus  LIDL  nearby .Your talking of a lot of opportunities for people to get jobs in the Area . plus the money they will spend in the Town Centre .  So if anyone knows the reasons to go against the COMPLEX please come out with it . As all I can see are the positives . Another reason to consider is the revenue the World Cup will bring  .The last time it was held here . did it not generate £7 million to the Area . MY MOTO TO THE COUNCILLORS  IS DONT STAND STILL MOVE FORWARD 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, silverfox said:

What's the reasons the Independent party giving  NOT to go ahead with the STADIUM  I would rather call it a COMPLEX as the two clubs are just a small part of this project . The big picture is office blocks to hold SELLAFIELD  WORKERS , NHS,  COSTA, and a  HOTEL .plus  LIDL  nearby .Your talking of a lot of opportunities for people to get jobs in the Area . plus the money they will spend in the Town Centre .  So if anyone knows the reasons to go against the COMPLEX please come out with it . As all I can see are the positives . Another reason to consider is the revenue the World Cup will bring  .The last time it was held here . did it not generate £7 million to the Area . MY MOTO TO THE COUNCILLORS  IS DONT STAND STILL MOVE FORWARD 

Good post. 

1 hour ago, silverfox said:

I think you maybe need to contact these new councillors and express our concerns and try get answers from them - contact details on Allerdale website.  

I'll be surprised if they look at this forum as they don't seem interested in sport otherwise they would want the sports facilities improved for the Borough. 

35 minutes ago, THMS said:

I think you maybe need to contact these new councillors and express our concerns and try get answers from them - contact details on Allerdale website.  

I'll be surprised if they look at this forum as they don't seem interested in sport otherwise they would want the sports facilities improved for the Borough. 

Push them and push them hard...all the best to you guys...make it happen!

On 22/05/2019 at 22:02, rockerlad said:

Some of the Independants do look at our Forum,I have been told by a friend who is an Independant that they want the Stadium to go ahead with the  proper financial accounts done,and i can understand their situation..

I was told the same,if it's financially viable it will go ahead. 

32 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Some of the Independants do look at our Forum,I have been told by a friend who is an Independant that they want the Stadium to go ahead with the  proper financial accounts done,and i can understand their situation..

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s getting a short timescale to the WC to build a stadium . God knows how long it’s expected to take even when they start 

They will have to get a meeting organised to organise a meeting, that's the way local politics works

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Independants don't give a flying F### about improving the area especially the ones who don't live anywhere near Workington. I believe one of them in Workington onlt stood for election because he wanted some work done on his road the votes from all his neighbours got him elected, this is what we are dealing with, it will be interesting to see how many meetings they all attend and how much in expenses they claim. #snoutsinthetrough. ?

46 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

This meeting is where you draw your line in the sand...this is the meeting where you act!  Stand and be counted....make your voices heard!

34 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

This meeting is where you draw your line in the sand...this is the meeting where you act!  Stand and be counted....make your voices heard!

Stand and be counted.......You really dont know anything about West Cumbria of the mentality of the Marras do you???

14 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Stand and be counted.......You really dont know anything about West Cumbria of the mentality of the Marras do you???

Not really....but if you want that stadium it certainly appears you are going to have to simply demand it...the soccer people are with you so you should present a strong united front together....all the best with this.

3 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Sadly. On current gates a 'joint' demand for the new stadium would see around 1400 people asking for an 8000 capacity stadium.

I love in hope though

Light the signal fires, call out the home guard!  Powder the cannon and load the muskets!

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Light the signal fires, call out the home guard!  Powder the cannon and load the muskets!

Methinks you are getting us confused with our trophyless neighbours .  It was that turncoat John Paul Jones who turned his ships cannon on Copeland's maritime capital .  He's long dead and the pub named after him likewise. Is it half-term out there in the boonies??

People talk about a 8000 seater stadium . as though its massive . its not much bigger than the Reds stadium is now , So you don't want out much smaller . if its to be used  to host concerts  ,rugby world Cup , and who is to say what the future holds ,  think positive ,REDS back in the football league ,and TOWN  in the super league . People may say ,are you kidding , but its happened before  . so it could happen again . So here's to the joint venture with the REDS AND TOWN 

1 hour ago, silverfox said:

People talk about a 8000 seater stadium . as though its massive . its not much bigger than the Reds stadium is now , So you don't want out much smaller . if its to be used  to host concerts  ,rugby world Cup , and who is to say what the future holds ,  think positive ,REDS back in the football league ,and TOWN  in the super league . People may say ,are you kidding , but its happened before  . so it could happen again . So here's to the joint venture with the REDS AND TOWN 

reds is currently 3101, DP is 10,00 so slightly smaller than DP but alot bigger than BP

18 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

19 minutes ago, rockerlad said:
4 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Only because BP is on a reduced capacity. What was the capacity when the grandstand there was open?

I think there was about 6000 in when town played Wigan in the mid eighties, biggest crowd I've been in at borough park is 8000 for the carlisle cup game in 1980

14 hours ago, Kayakman said:

We're not allowed cannon & muskets any more! Health & safety!?

Archived