Rugby League on Twitch

I have to say credit where credit is due, the RFL pairing up with Twitch TV to broadcast some games is actually the out of the box thinking the code needs.

For those not familiar with the platform, it honestly is the YouTube of the gaming /eSports community with more than 15m unique viewers daily and is a subsidiary of Amazon.

Whilst not as big as your Facebook's, YT's, etc, it does introduce Rugby League to a far younger demographic who does spend a significant amount of time watching videos on that site and exactly the types we want becoming familiar with the sport.

It also provides another way of getting their OurLeague content out there which is great.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/54837/rfl-and-twitch-link-up-to-show--cup

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

3 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

I have to say credit where credit is due, the RFL pairing up with Twitch TV to broadcast some games is actually the out of the box thinking the code needs.

For those not familiar with the platform, it honestly is the YouTube of the gaming /eSports community with more than 15m unique viewers daily and is a subsidiary of Amazon.

Whilst not as big as your Facebook's, YT's, etc, it does introduce Rugby League to a far younger demographic who does spend a significant amount of time watching videos on that site and exactly the types we want becoming familiar with the sport.

It also provides another way of getting their OurLeague content out there which is great.

Big news here! I'm very excited about this, twitch is a great platform (I used to watch competitive counter-strike on it)

Chromecast compatible as well!

4 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

It also has a built-in comment feature, which is good for instant feedback. If comments don't interest you, you can watch the video full screen instead. Often, the app runs a little smoother than using a TV browser for OurLeague.

I've had the Twitch app for about a year, as there's a 24/7 RiffTrax channel I watch fairly regularly.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I’m too old for all of this ?

It's Super easy pom!

Either use the website (twitch.tv)

Or the app from a mobile device!

If you have a Chromecast (or a smart TV that supports it) it's just click/tap on the icon and hit send!

7 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

It's Super easy pom!

Either use the website (twitch.com)

Or the app from a mobile device!

If you have a Chromecast (or a smart TV that supports it) it's just click/tap on the icon and hit send!

Its twitch.tv not .com

Noticed this the other day as I'm a regular user and it was actually the top featured stream on the main page.

Just a note to people unfamiliar that twitch is purely live streaming not like YouTube with videos uploaded to watch at any time. Although you can watch past broadcasts if the channel enables it which I believe rugbyleague has.

Tip is to download the app on your phone, create an account and follow the rugbyleague channel and you'll get a notification any time they're live.

9 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Its twitch.tv not .com

Noticed this the other day as I'm a regular user and it was actually the top featured stream on the main page.

Just a note to people unfamiliar that twitch is purely live streaming not like YouTube with videos uploaded to watch at any time. Although you can watch past broadcasts if the channel enables it which I believe rugbyleague has.

Tip is to download the app on your phone, create an account and follow the rugbyleague channel and you'll get a notification any time they're live.

Your right (I always use the app!)

2 hours ago, Copa said:

I’ve never used twitch before. I just checked out part of the women’s super league on there and it’s quite good.

So it isn't geo-restricted, then? Also good news.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

They should add the subscribe / donate feature to the channel (optional of course).

I wouldnt mind a quid or 2 the month for the cause.

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Downloaded Twitchy app on Apple TV and the Hunslet v Workington stream via the RFL channel works well.

Nice clear picture and audio on Twitch... when my connection allows it. The internet's been off and on and off and on all day for me. Aggravating.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cracking game. I'd be happy to pay a couple of quid per match with OurLeague. I guess they need to ensure no buffering problems etc. before they can charge.

Archived