Super League USA tv coverage

1 hour ago, eal said:

Great to have SL back on Fox Soccer Plus. What's more, the channel seems to be available online with my standard cable package, no extra subscription required.

great news.

3 hours ago, eal said:

Great to have SL back on Fox Soccer Plus. What's more, the channel seems to be available online with my standard cable package, no extra subscription required.

While thats great to hear, in an age of cord cutting, Super League needs to find a streaming alternative the way NRL has with watchNRL. As it stands now, if I want to watch it, I'd have to subscribe to youtubetv for 60 bucks a month then pay the additional 15 bucks a month for fox soccer plus. That's a ridiculous amount to pay for 2-3 games a week, when I can get 8 games a week plus additional content (though I rarely watch any of that) for 150 a year with the NRL.

I'm curious to know what kind of money Super League is getting with its deal from Fox Soccer Plus.

5 hours ago, emesssea said:

While thats great to hear, in an age of cord cutting, Super League needs to find a streaming alternative the way NRL has with watchNRL. As it stands now, if I want to watch it, I'd have to subscribe to youtubetv for 60 bucks a month then pay the additional 15 bucks a month for fox soccer plus. That's a ridiculous amount to pay for 2-3 games a week, when I can get 8 games a week plus additional content (though I rarely watch any of that) for 150 a year with the NRL.

I'm curious to know what kind of money Super League is getting with its deal from Fox Soccer Plus.

Somewhere between 0-10 quid. The value is probably in telling sponsors it goes out to an American audience.

its a surreal and fun experience say in ny watching Fev v Leigh on Verizon though.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

Super League I doubt will receive anything. It’s a broadcasting contract.

Little confused by that, are you saying they've sold the international rights to one company who in turns sells it off to individual countries, or just that Fox Soccer Plus agreed to air it but isn't paying anything for it, or something else?

I agree, a Super League streaming app is the way to go for international viewers. Perhaps even include a few shows like watchNRL does? The game has basically zero visibility being buried on FoxSoccerPlus. I'm not even sure you can watch the games on-demand. I think it is either watch live or hope they replay the game at some point.

6 hours ago, Gray1967 said:

Is SL being shown live in Canada does anybody know? Used to watch it on Sportsnet before bt didint appear to be on yesterday?

It is on the subscription Sportsnet World, 2 games per week. When Rogers was looking for live sport a few weeks ago they showed 3 NRL games a week on regular Sportsnet, but I guess that now they have NHL and MLB back they are going to shove it back onto  Sportsnet World. I’m honestly not sure how much I pay extra for World, I sign up at the start of the season and cancel once the last games are played, my only other access is You Tube, although I am going to look into the NRL streaming package.

@Oldbear If you decide to buy WatchNRL then the link below should give the Canadian Rugby League a commission

http://www.canadarugbyleague.com/watch-every-nrl-game-live-demand-help-grow-rugby-league-canada/

The USARL have a similar scheme at https://www.usarl.org/

A SL streaming package would be great. I wonder if the OurLeague app could be used as the platform?

On 04/08/2020 at 02:41, Oldbear said:

It is on the subscription Sportsnet World, 2 games per week. When Rogers was looking for live sport a few weeks ago they showed 3 NRL games a week on regular Sportsnet, but I guess that now they have NHL and MLB back they are going to shove it back onto  Sportsnet World. I’m honestly not sure how much I pay extra for World, I sign up at the start of the season and cancel once the last games are played, my only other access is You Tube, although I am going to look into the NRL streaming package.

Cheers for letting me know...yeah can get Sportsnet world and have checked on their and it usualy seems to be rolling news or ice hockey..understandebly! Obviously wernt showing the game I wanted to watch.

On 04/08/2020 at 04:10, RugbyLeagueRaj said:

@Oldbear If you decide to buy WatchNRL then the link below should give the Canadian Rugby League a commission

http://www.canadarugbyleague.com/watch-every-nrl-game-live-demand-help-grow-rugby-league-canada/

The USARL have a similar scheme at https://www.usarl.org/

A SL streaming package would be great. I wonder if the OurLeague app could be used as the platform?

Erm....

live.rugby-league.com is the official SL streaming media for none UK and has been around for a few years now. 

All SKY games streamed live and on demand. 

100 quid a year, but to be honest I have had lots of problems with it, especially the live games. 

Yesterday after being unable to once again access the live games I emailed them asking for a refund after two years of problems which they have yet to solve. 

I would be interested if anyone else uses this platform and how they find it? 

Edit.. Seems most / a lot of countries are geo blocked 🤔

Its been useless for me since the restart.

Week 1 Saints v Cats was the live stream but just got Cas v Saints from March.

This week it was working fine on Saturday but on Sunday just got a blank screen  saying streaming will start once broadcadt begins.

21 hours ago, koli said:

Its been useless for me since the restart.

Week 1 Saints v Cats was the live stream but just got Cas v Saints from March.

This week it was working fine on Saturday but on Sunday just got a blank screen  saying streaming will start once broadcadt begins.

Same as. 

Customer service is also great... Three weeks to respond to my last email. 

Same problems here. Sunday I‘ve got a blank screen too. I also got charged twice for my subscription. After complaining I got a refund.

What annoys me most is that there is no proper app (for AppleTV, Android, TV) available. In terms of usability, services, and value for money watchnrl is miles ahead.

Archived