2020 Squad - Discussion Thread (Merged)

RogerT

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bull pups said:

Reckon JC and walker.. doubt both if any will resign as I reckon another winger is on his way.... ?

If both JC and Walker are staying at Batley (I.e. not resigning), why do need Alex Brown back?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

4 hours ago, phildog said:

9'oller, didn't get much more winning pay here than there last season....

? 9'oller gets winning pay!! ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Alex Brown is a LOOOONG shot! Expected Walker to stay though if not JC. 're winning pay and the 1895....If memory serves we only played 1 more game and lost!! Now waiting for a ground-making prop.

A quick observation, surely we are not becoming Rams Mk2, two permanent players from last season and one who for part of the season was at the Rams although sent back to Wakefield and possibly some more.

If as I understand it SL teams have to run reserve teams so I can see the likes of Wood, Bienek and Broadbent not being available to us.

Still upwards and onwards.

Putting together a decent squad in the Championship without DR or loans will be a challenge for many clubs next season.

We will, no doubt, live through "Interesting Times" in 2020.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

53 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

Think we now need a prop a center a winger a half back and maybe a hooker by looks of things . To cover butterworth smeaton and gledhill that have all left the club as at minute we have a squad of 17 players signed for next season 

Why are people panicking the season hasn’t even finished properly yet... lingard Harrison and the club have everything under control 

Definitely need a centre, hope not considering using Walshaw there as  that's a big loss in the pack,we don't have the biggest most mobile set just now. We really need one of Walker (fit!!) Or JC as a third winger and a covering halfback.

In LE Craig says looking for a hooker and s couplenof halves....Lunt leaving Leeds, says he has no qwualms about playing in the championship,  get him rung before Featherstone, nowt wrong in asking .....

I like your thinking but not a cat in hells chance. I remember the sammut rumours that was cute!!!

Iro once told me channing ex car wanted same as patch dom and davey put together!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

54 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

I like your thinking but not a cat in hells chance. I remember the sammut rumours that was cute!!!

Iro once told me channing ex car wanted same as patch dom and davey put together!

Very true 9'O - at our level aspirations and budgets don't necessarily match up.

Keighley on the other hand......

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We never entertained the fact we'd get John Kear as coach but we did from what Kev probably thought was a pointless phone call and clearly at the right money!! Why are we fans always so defeatist when a name crops up...just ring 'em, the worst that can happen is they'll say no ta, but at least the question has been put. Remember the word ambition?

14 hours ago, phildog said:

We never entertained the fact we'd get John Kear as coach but we did from what Kev probably thought was a pointless phone call and clearly at the right money!! Why are we fans always so defeatist when a name crops up...just ring 'em, the worst that can happen is they'll say no ta, but at least the question has been put. Remember the word ambition?

Your old dance hall technique no doubt PD?

Archived