Leigh next up

Batley Bob

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Lone Drinker said:

I do agree. We’re far from safe. A loss against Dewsbury and we’re in big trouble.

Where do I send my CV ???

Think you'll be safe...win against Rochdale you'll be over the line

You need to be going into the last game Vs Barrow with nothing riding on it

Unless there's a twist in the plot of course ??????

Long n short of league position is that we need to win 2 of our games out of Dewsbury, Rochdale and Barrow. Hornets are already doen basically, 11 points behind us with only 10 to play for, Barrow 4 behind, so really that's the crunch although a win over Rams would help a lot. Regarding not sacking coaches, we wouldn't have to in this case, as it's a 3 year deal coming to  an end, so wouldn't change the scenario. At least I hope it's coming to an end...definitely the end of something one-way or the other...the fact that we can only confirm 3 re-signings almost into August might suggest a lot if one had a suspicious mind.

10 hours ago, Lone Drinker said:

I do agree. We’re far from safe. A loss against Dewsbury and we’re in big trouble.

I will revise my view, here are Barrow’s remaining fixtures.

Jul 27-28: Challenge Cup semi-finals

Sun Aug 4: York City Knights (H)

Sun Aug 11: Bradford Bulls (H)

Sun Aug 18: Sheffield Eagles (A)

Sat Aug 24: Challenge Cup final

Sat Aug 31 (1pm): Toronto Wolfpack (A)

Sun Sep 8: Batley Bulldogs (H)

We should, barring a miracle, be safe. Nonetheless, a disappointing season doesn’t do it justice. Even if by some miracle we beat Sheffield and get to Wembley.

Despite the score Sundays performance was acceptable, two superb tries by us and a couple of decisions early in the first going against us, a try from a blatant forward pass and another were the Leigh player looked embarrassed when the ref awarded it. He had dropped the ball on the blind side of the ref but in full view of the touch judge.

Overall I came away not happy but not despondent like at Sheffield, Swinton, York, Halifax and Bradford.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Archived