Amber Ribbon Player of the Year

Amber Ribbon

AR Player of the year 2019

Members are invited to submit nominations for the Amber Ribbon player of the year 2019.

This need not be player of the year in the conventional sense, but perhaps someone you feel deserves recognition for their efforts during the season. Perhaps a player who gives 100% every game, perhaps a player whose long term service to the club deserves recognition....you decide.

Your nomination should be supported by a brief reason you think the award is appropriate. Nominations should be from the current playing squad.

Nomination forms will be available at the AR booth pre-match and in the Royal Suite after the game this Sunday.

8 hours ago, Amber Ribbon said:

AR Player of the year 2019

Members are invited to submit nominations for the Amber Ribbon player of the year 2019.

This need not be player of the year in the conventional sense, but perhaps someone you feel deserves recognition for their efforts during the season. Perhaps a player who gives 100% every game, perhaps a player whose long term service to the club deserves recognition....you decide.

Your nomination should be supported by a brief reason you think the award is appropriate.

Nomination forms will be available at the AR booth pre-match and in the Royal Suite after the game this Sunday.

Wrong thread I know, but did Rob Spicer ever get his testimonial season ? I never saw or heard about anything, and he was one player I would have gladly supported.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

46 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Wrong thread I know, but did Rob Spicer ever get his testimonial season ? I never saw or heard about anything, and he was one player I would have gladly supported.

Well said Grumpy.I had forgotten completely about that....

11 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I asked the club same question ages ago but I’m still waiting .

Will be really sad if his sterling service goes unrecognized. Out of sight out of mind I suppose. ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think my vote might go to Kyle Trout not just for his efforts on the pitch but also the community work he is doing for the club with Martin Reilly ..... perhaps they should share the award!! 

I say the in the spirit of the Amber Ribbon award which is as it says not necessarilly an POY award in the conventional sense!  

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

I think my vote might go to Kyle Trout not just for his efforts on the pitch but also the community work he is doing for the club with Martin Reilly ..... perhaps they should share the award!! 

I say the in the spirit of the Amber Ribbon award which is as it says not necessarilly an POY award in the conventional sense!  

Agreed, on both counts.

This award should be along the lines of that which used to be given by the suporters club of old - I believe it was given for loyalty and service.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 hours ago, Amber Ribbon said:

Nominations to be from the current playing squad.

Is there a sinister connotation to be drawn from this statement?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Is there a sinister connotation to be drawn from this statement?

Not at all....it was just an omission from the original post...  and the award is for player of the year .... meaning this year!  

However if our members wish to change the criteria for next year all that is needed is to make a recommendation and the committee would be more than happy to consider it!

It was felt that the award in its previous guise was, in the main , just duplicating the club award so this year it was decided to consider alternative criteria ..... hence asking members state a reason for their nomination.... this way there is an opportunity to recognise alternative contributions other than just being the best player!   

I do hope  members do vote on this and give us the opportunity to recognise .... maybe an unsung hero! 

It's just so these NRL players you're going to sign to keep you up don't count

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived