Who going to be playing for us next season

toffeedog

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of signings flying around on club websites, FB etc, we have to find out from other clubs about our players moving there, why is there a secret squirrel mentality with us? Previously at season's end we've had a list of at least a tearful, it's been quite clear for over a month where we were going to finish, how much money was coming.

Many clubs, including my own, don't issue statements about players leaving or being recruited until the season has ended. Personally I believe that this is correct: some fans are simply far too impatient.

It is only now that some players will actually be sitting down with their clubs or others and talking about their opportunities for next year. It is this rumour mill that keeps us all slightly entertained until the real excitement of Boxing Day is upon us once again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Do you mean the clubs playing season or the RL season end.

The individual club's playing season. Hence if they are planning to make a signing from a team still involved in play-offs then they would say nothing until their involvement had come to an end.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, RogerT said:

Hence why aren't both Batley and Dewsbury saying anything about the rumoured inter club signings. 

Because that is what they are, rumours.

I presume that each club would comment if and when actual signings take place. If they were to spend time responding to rumours they would get nothing else done, would they?

I don't know if there is any truth to this but...

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rumour-mill-33-22189/

Fev, Batley and Widnes all set for new signings

League Express have reported that Featherstone, Batley and Widnes are all set to announce new signings in the near future. Rovers will follow up the signing of Thomas Minns with Barrow Raiders’ Australian prop Alec Susino, while Batley will bring in former Leeds and Halifax halfback Ben White, also from Barrow.

11 hours ago, fredm said:

But wouldn’t it be nice for the clubs to announce who is definitely leaving and thank the players and also the fans could bid them farewell?

When it is definite, yes; whilst it is rumour then, no.

The last season has givn the fans little to get excited about so I don't know why some people are hoping for immediate relief of that situation. Just relax a little bit.

Won't your club be holding some sort of fans forum soon? We are having one on the 17th where the Rams faithful will at least get a chance to ask the questions.

10 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I don't know if there is any truth to this but...

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rumour-mill-33-22189/

Fev, Batley and Widnes all set for new signings

League Express have reported that Featherstone, Batley and Widnes are all set to announce new signings in the near future. Rovers will follow up the signing of Thomas Minns with Barrow Raiders’ Australian prop Alec Susino, while Batley will bring in former Leeds and Halifax halfback Ben White, also from Barrow.

In League express too

2769906E-9697-42F1-B343-46A785B9B63F.jpeg

IMG_0583.JPG

Well hes got the right surname for a start! Looks a bit more robust than Danny yates

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived