scotland v russia rlwc qualifier

1 hour ago, 17 stone giant said:

But I thought the whole point of splitting up GB was to promote the individual teams.

12 years on and we have a Scotland team, apparently with no Scots in it, playing a world cup qualifier in England.

That's because there is barely any RL in Scotland.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, langpark said:

GLASGOW according to today's article.  Though it will now be Serbia instead of Russia.

http://rlif.com/article/8701/

With Serbia taking Russia's spot in the qualifiers now it does mean that either them and/or Greece will qualify for the world cup with 2 out of 3 from the group advancing. So we are guaranteed at least 2 debutants with Jamaica confirmed. 

On 27/08/2019 at 12:05, The Hallucinating Goose said:

With Serbia taking Russia's spot in the qualifiers now it does mean that either them and/or Greece will qualify for the world cup with 2 out of 3 from the group advancing. So we are guaranteed at least 2 debutants with Jamaica confirmed. 

According to the graphic on the website you're correct!

Slightly mixed feelings now as it would be great for Greek RL to have them at the WC with all they've been through. 

That said Serbia are in my mind at least potentially the next big thing to come in European RL so a WC would be a huge boost for them. 

Serbia are much more stable than Greece whose political situation would limit their opportunities to grow the game on the back of an RLWC appearance. It's Greece's home game being played in England because they can't legally play matches on their soil. As a result, I hope Serbia get through.

Archived