Sun 29 Sept: Championship Preliminary Final: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 17:30

58 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

You do realize TWP have won 22 games in a row, are unbeaten at home this year and have been building up to this game for a full year now.

Still, anything can happen in a single-game playoff.

Congrats Fev.

yes and do you realise that with 6 minutes to go at our place this season we were in the lead. And that we beat them at their place last year and came very close to beating them at theres a few months back. I think out of all the teams in the play offs we are the team they would least like to play. 

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

Will Fev. be in a position to sign at least 12 S.L. quality players and start an academy?

Only need to sign 7 or 8, to more than replace DR System and With an excellent Australian coach, our scouting and contract negotiation will be on the ball. 

With all the academies already in West Yorkshire I think a better plan would be for Featherstone to part fund both Newcastle and London academies. 

45 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Well done Fev. No thrills and play like zToronto do. Toulouse and their game management was shcoking.  That Ford couldn't tackle a paper bag.

I can see nothing more than a one sided win next week but well done Fev. Un fortunately,  travel and it's bias will let itself down !??

Fev have all the momentum going into this game. We've gone under the radar all year. Watch this space matey

23 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Well done to Fev, completely outplayed TO, they deserve their chance after the last few weeks.

I think it will be a really good game next week if Fev can keep that sort of commitment up, their halfbacks are better than TWPs  certainly, Toronto have the bigger pack but Fevs forwards will stand upto them on that performance. Where it could be decided is in the three-quarters where Stanley and Leutele are a class above anything else in the division, if fev don't keep on top of them and cut down their supply of ball they will prove the difference, but it's going to be a fascinating watch?

Sutcliffe and Harcadtle can handle them 

4 minutes ago, Steven Grason said:

yes and do you realise that with 6 minutes to go at our place this season we were in the lead. And that we beat them at their place last year and came very close to beating them at theres a few months back. I think out of all the teams in the play offs we are the team they would least like to play. 

Looks like the makings of a good game then eh?

Personally I'd rather play Featherstone than Toulouse. Beating the same team twice in 3 weeks is hard to do.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

That is a good point. Due to the journey to Toronto in the first match for a 2nd placed team they may well have been better off finishing outside the top two.

Naw, i reckon they would have been better off just beating Toronto, having a bye and then a home final.

Just now, Clogiron said:

Well done to Fev, completely outplayed TO, they deserve their chance after the last few weeks.

I think it will be a really good game next week if Fev can keep that sort of commitment up, their halfbacks are better than TWPs  certainly, Toronto have the bigger pack but Fevs forwards will stand upto them on that performance. Where it could be decided is in the three-quarters where Stanley and Leutele are a class above anything else in the division, if fev don't keep on top of them and cut down their supply of ball they will prove the difference, but it's going to be a fascinating watch?

Leutele, on £400k a year should rip us to pieces!

Bottom line is Featherstone are in the Final, as long as our players give their all, win or lose, they have done brilliant to get to this game. If Toronto win it, good luck to them in the SL. But if we win, don't begrudge us going in and having a go, we will have bloody earned it after the shoddy way we were cast aside at the beginning of SL 

37 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't question that, everyone knows the rules. I was questioning by what measure he thought that Fev deserved to get promoted before Toronto.

To be promoted would mean they would have won away at all the 4 sides above them in the play offs.

If I remember correctly you are a Leeds fan, so you will appreciate it is a tremendous achievement as they did something similar? 

Archived