Brian McDermott calls for extra salary cap and quota spots for non-heartland clubs

38 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Talk about when the cap fits.

The player's and coaching staff that dress up in the TWP uniform spend more time in England per year than they do in Toronto - Fact, it is like people who work for a global company they 'satellite' to do some work in the other office.

Now I know you have these delusions that the player's in your team are Canadian, but I will let you into a secret, they ain't, really, honestly, no they are not Canadians, they are mainly English with a few shackle draggers to complete the squad, and even those have a residence in good old Blighty, were just like the Engish lads for most of the year when they are actively involved in doing the job they are payed to do they awake in their own beds, in go on finish it off.................................................ENGLAND, and not in Canada.

"You've got to let it go Harry...just admit when you have lost the argument and move on...its Okay to say you were wrong."

"I know  you are jealous of Canada...we all do....let it go Harry....thats it....the eyes are getting droopy....follow the moving pocket watch from side to side.....dream of Leigh getting back in SL...let it go ...drifting off....Leigh in SL...Leigh in...Leigh....

HE IS  OUT EVERYBODY...BACK TO A NORMAL CONVERSATION NOW.

Ring!..Ring!." Mr. Parksider is  outside waiting for his session now doctor shall I send him in."

"Send him in  and rebook Gubrats to 2:15 please."

"We are expecting alot of action next week after TWP wins promotion so leave the calendar fairly open please."

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

They are all living there RIGHT NOW!

Come on Tbone just because I'm a rib eye doesn't mean I'm not a steak!

Sure, a large international prominent club like Toronto Wolfpack has alternate training facilities (its because of the weather in this nation; no way around it) and many of the players have multiple residences but SO WHAT?...all kinds of players in numerous sports have multiple residences.  Many players on many of the other teams have multiple residences but I don't hear anyone complaining about that.   Its clearly discrimination against Toronto and its fine players and has no place in the game.

Don't buy into the negative propaganda of the Naysayers.

KEEP THE FAITH!

"Run With The Pack!"

Oh dear , it seems I've struck a nerve , Calm Down man , it's OK , we know they all live over here , spotted Bodine up Leigh the other week , it's not a problem 

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

Wallace is dating a girl from Toronto and all the SH guys with kids have had their families down the whole summer, I imagine they are renting  a house or apartment for the families. I doubt they own any property but a bunch have been living here and loving it from what I hear.

Listen here, Ep. 37

https://thehowlinhour.podbean.com/

Spotted Bodine up Leigh a couple of weeks back 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Oh dear , it seems I've struck a nerve , Calm Down man , it's OK , we know they all live over here , spotted Bodine up Leigh the other week , it's not a problem 

Ring!...Ring!....""Listen I told you to move Gubrats to around 2 PM.....I don't care if he needs help now...I'm busy with Parksider and thats going to take some time."

"Now Parky tell me all about Mr. Perez and the terrible things he did to you."

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

Wallace is dating a girl from Toronto and all the SH guys with kids have had their families down the whole summer, I imagine they are renting  a house or apartment for the families. I doubt they own any property but a bunch have been living here and loving it from what I hear.

Listen here, Ep. 37

https://thehowlinhour.podbean.com/

Apparently so are one or two of the others , I wonder if their wives know ?

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Did you know you can get to anywhere in the world from Leigh Bus Station?

True , I set off from there in May 1975 and ended up in Upper Hutt NZ a couple of days later , it can be done Harry 

11 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Heaven forbid that clubs are proactive in trying to attract a different demographic of supporter.... 

It hasn't worked in over 125 years thus far, the way the sport is run* that isn't going to change anytime soon is it, thus there's less interest from blue chip sponsors because there's no attraction to invest in a sport they think (which is more important than even the reality) offers them no return or kudos.

*which at the very least and giving just one example. is deliberately putting barriers/discriminating against sides that can add so much to the sport and increase the money and potential to attract a higher demographic supporter.

16 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

It hasn't worked in over 125 years thus far, the way the sport is run* that isn't going to change anytime soon is it, thus there's less interest from blue chip sponsors because there's no attraction to invest in a sport they think (which is more important than even the reality) offers them no return or kudos.

*which at the very least and giving just one example. is deliberately putting barriers/discriminating against sides that can add so much to the sport and increase the money and potential to attract a higher demographic supporter.

It’s a good job Women’s sport, Cricket, Rugby Union and various other sports never took your advice. 

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Why do you always ask for proof and quantitative evidence when it’s impossible to give it, but life experience usually gives the answer. Are you a student?

The evidence as I see it is that there are two, maybe three people in the sport that MIGHT invest more if they could, the rest won't/can't, even Adam Pearson is cautious about spending more money because he doesn't see that that will get him the return on his investment.

He's poo-pooed marquee signings aside from Pritchard but even that wasn't really a 'marquee signing as the Bulldogs were paying most of his wages and Pearson let him go back to the NRL the following year despite having a 3 year contract.

The evidence is pretty clear, you on the other hand pull statements out of thin air and think they are true despite not producing a shred of anything to back up what you've said. It's not just students who ask for evidence, it's CEOs in big conglomerates, it's people at the local council, it's the person next door wanting evidence regarding turning off lights after midnight, it's kids at school who want evidence that having strict rules on trouser length, hairstyle etc effects their ability to learn. 

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It’s a good job Women’s sport, Cricket, Rugby Union and various other sports never took your advice. 

What advice is that then? Are these sports run by the same people as within RL?

19 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Well, are you going to answer my question, what advice have I given, please give me some indications as to what advice these sports took that made them become successful/expanded and in the media massively more and become more marketable, now compare that to what those within the hierarchy of RL have been doing ...

Yeah, thought not, you've got diddly squat haven't you loudmouth!

Looks like some divergence from the original thread. Mac has been consistent in his views. He has made similar comments while at Broncos (or Quin’s as the aberration was). His views are about how a new team establishes itself, ensuring it has the right quality players to be both competitive and successful, so young players can be attracted and fit into a winning side, while the crowds build and establish. It all helps with the leap towards developing its own.

Other sports are very good at spreading their product. Football has been aggressive in its expansion, with a team in Leeds probably a good example (even if very last century). Or NFL in developing the crowds over the last few years in London by making teams have their home game in London. However good ole rugby league doesn’t like expansion or trying to ensure the game grows. Let’s not support a team in a new area allowing it to establish properly in places that really could make the whole sport benefit but just hope the village next to us gets the bug and then hopefully the one next to that. Or let an entrepreneur spend all their money and if it doesn’t work ah well, maybe next time. Its been working so well. No strategy at the top of the game (existing management included) and no ability at any other level to make accommodation for the strategy to grow the game if it was in place.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

"You've got to let it go Harry...just admit when you have lost the argument and move on...its Okay to say you were wrong."

"I know  you are jealous of Canada...we all do....let it go Harry....thats it....the eyes are getting droopy....follow the moving pocket watch from side to side.....dream of Leigh getting back in SL...let it go ...drifting off....Leigh in SL...Leigh in...Leigh....

HE IS  OUT EVERYBODY...BACK TO A NORMAL CONVERSATION NOW.

Ring!..Ring!." Mr. Parksider is  outside waiting for his session now doctor shall I send him in."

"Send him in  and rebook Gubrats to 2:15 please."

"We are expecting alot of action next week after TWP wins promotion so leave the calendar fairly open please."

You doing alright bud? You seem to be spiraling lately..repeating ideas....weird formatting..won't be long till referred as the Canadian you-know-who!

Ps. Has Mr Simms moved yet or is he waiting till he retires on Saturday?

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Did you know you can get to anywhere in the world from Leigh Bus Station?

Ah, but why would anyone want to leave Leigh?

3 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

You doing alright bud? You seem to be spiraling lately..repeating ideas....weird formatting..won't be long till referred as the Canadian you-know-who!

Ps. Has Mr Simms moved yet or is he waiting till he retires on Saturday?

Don't worry about me...I'll be cheering like a mad man tomorrow though...as for being the Canadian You know Who-well that title was taken a long time ago by two other fellas who haven't been on here for awhile...Captain Survival and Canabull...where are you guys!  The big game is tomorrow!

Moving date for Simms- no idea- I figure he has signed something to stay on with the Club...he is the right fella for the front office and Argyle is high on him....I think he will do well and is a credit to the sport, and Club.

Now What are we going to do with Wilkin?

10 hours ago, SL17 said:

Give him Kayak lessons?

I don't know if could handle the pace and power of an ultra paddle...I would have to bring him along slowly...sort of like what I'm doing with you and Harry....you are improving...thats it...keep up the good work.

You're a good kid!

22 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Talk about when the cap fits.

The player's and coaching staff that dress up in the TWP uniform spend more time in England per year than they do in Toronto - Fact, it is like people who work for a global company they 'satellite' to do some work in the other office.

Now I know you have these delusions that the player's in your team are Canadian, but I will let you into a secret, they ain't, really, honestly, no they are not Canadians, they are mainly English with a few shackle draggers to complete the squad, and even those have a residence in good old Blighty, were just like the Engish lads for most of the year when they are actively involved in doing the job they are payed to do they awake in their own beds, in go on finish it off.................................................ENGLAND, and not in Canada.

I take it you are against Jackson hastings representing gb then harry?

Archived