Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rarefrith

Reserves

Recommended Posts

Finally officially confirmed that they have been disbanded. 5 of the players have signed for the first team though and will be available for the Leeds reserves.  Bradley Wright, Nathan Wright, Jack Richardson, Sam Ottewell and Brandon French. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rarefrith said:

Finally officially confirmed that they have been disbanded. 5 of the players have signed for the first team though and will be available for the Leeds reserves.  Bradley Wright, Nathan Wright, Jack Richardson, Sam Ottewell and Brandon French. 

So 5 players have signed for Fev and can play for Leeds reserves.Does this mean that the whole Fev squad will be able to play for Leeds reserves.When did this DR rule come to being?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

So 5 players have signed for Fev and can play for Leeds reserves.Does this mean that the whole Fev squad will be able to play for Leeds reserves.When did this DR rule come to being?

Come on it was obvious what was going to happen regards your reserves players playing for Leeds reserves. Regards the rules I think DR has always been able to work both ways although I would hazard a guess that your reserves players will have signed some sort of contract with Leeds to avoid the messing about of DR.

I should add I don't blame either team it will work well for Fev filling out Leeds reserves so they can still DR Leeds better available players.

Edited by The Blues Ox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual Oxy boy you have to have your say on all things Fev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Come on it was obvious what was going to happen regards your reserves players playing for Leeds reserves. Regards the rules I think DR has always been able to work both ways although I would hazard a guess that your reserves players will have signed some sort of contract with Leeds to avoid the messing about of DR.

I should add I don't blame either team it will work well for Fev filling out Leeds reserves so they can still DR Leeds better available players.

I believe it did initially but the rules now don't appear to allow players to DR upwards except to play in the Reserves of another (possibly not even necessarily the official DR partner's?) club.

 

Untitleda.jpg

 

Untitledb.png

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, haskey said:

As usual Oxy boy you have to have your say on all things Fev

He's right though. 

  • Like 3

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

And as an added bonus, we will get to watch Leeds Reserves down at Post Office Road! So it will be predominately Fev players playing in a Leeds shirt down at Fev.

Should have put this in my post above too......

 

Untitledc.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Should have put this in my post above too......

 

Untitledc.png

So could any Fev  (or Batley player for that matter ) play for a SL reserve side.I was thinking about getting back to fitness after injury in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

So could any Fev  (or Batley player for that matter ) play for a SL reserve side.I was thinking about getting back to fitness after injury in particular.

I believe so. I think the Reserves DR system is completely separate to the Fev/Leeds type DR agreement.

 

 

Untitledd.png

Untitlede.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I believe so. I think the Reserves DR system is completely separate to the Fev/Leeds type DR agreement.

 

 

Untitledd.png

Untitlede.png

Thanks for that.

If that is the case,I think the reserve competition could become quite farcical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Thanks for that.

If that is the case,I think the reserve competition could become quite farcical.

As TPH has been pointing out for a while, the availability of DR players is unlikely to change with the introduction of the Reserves.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Come on it was obvious what was going to happen regards your reserves players playing for Leeds reserves. Regards the rules I think DR has always been able to work both ways although I would hazard a guess that your reserves players will have signed some sort of contract with Leeds to avoid the messing about of DR.

I should add I don't blame either team it will work well for Fev filling out Leeds reserves so they can still DR Leeds better available players.

Difficult situation Is it true Halifax have withdrawn from the reserve league and what do you see happening to the players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Difficult situation Is it true Halifax have withdrawn from the reserve league and what do you see happening to the players?

It is true. 

https://www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk/article/52944/bod-statement---reserve-grade-


Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Difficult situation Is it true Halifax have withdrawn from the reserve league and what do you see happening to the players?

The players apart from the select few who have signed new contracts are effectively thrown on the RL scrap heap and now have to find themselves chances elsewhere or go back to play for amateur clubs. Not impressed and quickly losing any remaining love I have for the "proffesional" game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH it’s a real shame I can’t help feeling that the game is going down the pan, all the SL are bothered about is manufactured teams in Timbuktu while rest of the game struggles. Most SL clubs are built on a huge pile of debt kept alive by rich owners.

Well good luck to the players hope everything works out as well as it can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on stop being gloomy. In Jan '18 Adam Pearson said changes would be put in place over the next 3 months that would within 6 months make RL a real threat to RU. The evidence of that coming to pass is listed below.....

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

The players apart from the select few who have signed new contracts are effectively thrown on the RL scrap heap and now have to find themselves chances elsewhere or go back to play for amateur clubs. Not impressed and quickly losing any remaining love I have for the "proffesional" game.

same at FEV I've watched all reserve home games and a few away and you could see what it meant to the lads to first score and then win and despite what the clubs said 

made sure we had opportunities for ALL players to play in 2020

they have signed five but thrown the rest to the wind and told thanks but no thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the need for a reserves. I do. And I've largely kept out of this debate. Watching the reserves midweek used to be great when it was a meaningful competition.....

However, running a reserves costs clubs like fax n fev a bloody fortune. Where does that come from? What will the impact be on the first team budget? Last time i asked (daryl was coach), the numbers involved were frightening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I understand the need for a reserves. I do. And I've largely kept out of this debate. Watching the reserves midweek used to be great when it was a meaningful competition.....

However, running a reserves costs clubs like fax n fev a bloody fortune. Where does that come from? What will the impact be on the first team budget? Last time i asked (daryl was coach), the numbers involved were frightening.

having reserves last year didn't seem to impact  the first team in fact benifited when we brought in reserves to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halifax's statement https://www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk/article/52944/bod-statement---reserve-grade- As Robin says running a reserves ain't cheap. I think 'fax had a scheme were local businesses and individuals subscribed to help run the reserves. Even with this help (I've seen £30k mentioned) it's clearly not sustainable. Let's face it, even SL clubs seem to be reluctant to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, POR said:

having reserves last year didn't seem to impact  the first team in fact benifited when we brought in reserves to play

With respect, thats not answered my question. Where does the money come from and what impact does that have on the senior team?

We will still have access to the reserves thought to be good enough wont we?

Edited by Robin Evans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Come on stop being gloomy. In Jan '18 Adam Pearson said changes would be put in place over the next 3 months that would within 6 months make RL a real threat to RU. The evidence of that coming to pass is listed below.....

 

 

 

 

Rugby league is described as Rugby league, Rugby Union as rugby, says it all really in the media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...