Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
audois

Guasch seduces Paris

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, audois said:

Getting Toulouse Olympique up there though crucial. Catalans need this derby more than ever. Sarrazain is doing a good job too for TO. Their 5 year goal is up in 2020. At lot is expected from their move into Ernest Wallon. Latest news is that they are moving their administrative base their too.

Informative as always Audois👍  

Do you think there any other French teams who might be interested in entering the English (or N Hemisphere) league system over the next few years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Only worth if it someone is trying to set up a team in Paris imho. Otherwise if it was in France somewhere like Montpellier would be better. 

I feel it would still make sense as a place British fans are likely to see as worth visiting. I'm not sure Montpellier would have that appeal. 

Paris is iconic so will have a weekend away appeal about it. 

And would potentially raise the profile of RL in France as its Paris. 

Lastly, I don't feel there's a big enough demand for a RL team In Paris in SL, unless a backer is willing to run it at significant losses ala David Hughes and the Broncos in London. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

I feel it would still make sense as a place British fans are likely to see as worth visiting. I'm not sure Montpellier would have that appeal. 

Paris is iconic so will have a weekend away appeal about it. 

And would potentially raise the profile of RL in France as its Paris. 

Lastly, I don't feel there's a big enough demand for a RL team In Paris in SL, unless a backer is willing to run it at significant losses ala David Hughes and the Broncos in London. 

Paris is very expensive though, accommodation and sustenance. Might be decent away trip with your bird but if you were going with a load of mates I don’t think Paris would be much cop, it’s hardly a classic stag venue (unlike Newcastle, Edinburgh and Cardiff). 

Agree about the demand for an SL team there though, tried before and failed miserably. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'd go to a Paris Magic Weekend for sure. Edinburgh was far away. Cardiff was far away. Make it attractive and people will come.

Might not quite be as simple after Brexit though.

From me Paris is much quicker than Newcastle or Edinborough so I'd be up for it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, audois said:

Getting Toulouse Olympique up there though crucial. Catalans need this derby more than ever. Sarrazain is doing a good job too for TO. Their 5 year goal is up in 2020. At lot is expected from their move into Ernest Wallon. Latest news is that they are moving their administrative base their too.

Their squad seems to have been weakened a lot in the off season unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2019 at 14:57, Eddie said:

Informative as always Audois👍  

Do you think there any other French teams who might be interested in entering the English (or N Hemisphere) league system over the next few years?

I've raised this before TO-Catalans in SL equates to me more than two. Getting the visiting teams to visit just once - stay overs. Toulouse one weekend and Perpignan the next. Supporters could have a choice with a week-end away as present or make a week of it.

Securing TO with the Dragons at the top level would be ideal. After that I think maybe allowing French sides/selections to play in the Challenge Cup. I would like to see the return of the Aude Cathares representative team playing in the CC every year. Albi and Avignon too should be considered.

 

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2019 at 17:06, Southerner80 said:

I feel it would still make sense as a place British fans are likely to see as worth visiting. I'm not sure Montpellier would have that appeal. 

Paris is iconic so will have a weekend away appeal about it. 

And would potentially raise the profile of RL in France as its Paris. 

Lastly, I don't feel there's a big enough demand for a RL team In Paris in SL, unless a backer is willing to run it at significant losses ala David Hughes and the Broncos in London. 

Montpellier is a vibrant place, university city, and nice to visit.  If Perpignan appeals, Montpellier certainly would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Montpellier is a vibrant place, university city, and nice to visit.  If Perpignan appeals, Montpellier certainly would.

From my experience, there is a mere handful that stay in Perpignan and make a weekend of it based there. The appeal, if there was one, is long gone and with expensive prices (beer is €6 a pint), people tend to head to Spain and travel in on match day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...