Guasch seduces Paris

audois

Maybe. Hopefully. An entourage from the Dragons led by the club President spent a few days up in the French capital. They were presenting a case to the Pariseins potential partners to come on board. Being stuck down on the Spanish border keeps them and the code out of the limelight.

They were making a case that the club was along with the likes of the PSG brand an international entity which will grow further in 2020 with Toronto’s participation in the competition. Following this years success taking the code and competition to new levels in Barcelona.

As well as talking with business people the visit encompassed a visit to the Australian Embassy. The Ambassador Brendan Berne was introduced to the clubs big signing for nex year James Maloney. The diplomat has been invited to come to Perpignan for the Wolfpack fixture at Easter.

Elsewhere its been reported here that Robert Elstone has been talking to the money people Rothschild about being involved in a possible Magic Weekend in the French capital come 2021.

ELmk-PdXYAI4Qgw.jpg

ELnJ6qXW4AAk98h.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why Guasch might want to take the MW to Paris, but IMO it would be a poor choice. 

The city is prohibitively expensive and it is a long way away from the game's French strongholds never mind the English. 

I can, however, see sense in the Dragons taking a game there and tapping into the capital's Catalan community. 

24 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'd go to a Paris Magic Weekend for sure

Wouldn't we all

Well maybe not those that voted for this though

25 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Might not quite be as simple after Brexit though.

For those with dreams

" ...... we'll always have Paris ..."

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

34 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'd go to a Paris Magic Weekend for sure. Edinburgh was far away. Cardiff was far away. Make it attractive and people will come.

Might not quite be as simple after Brexit though.

You do realise how mental your first paragraph is, don’t you? Two places in the UK are too far but one of the crappest European capitals out there? Yeah, sign me up. 

30 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You do realise how mental your first paragraph is, don’t you? Two places in the UK are too far but one of the crappest European capitals out there? Yeah, sign me up. 

Paris is one of the last places in France that I’d want to go for Magic. Take it to Lyon or Bordeaux and then you’re talking. 

1 hour ago, themainbrace said:

Yeah, that Paris eh,  isn't it rubbish.  I mean why would France be the most visited country in the world.

A, there may be some aesthetically nice bits but on the whole it isn’t particularly pleasant.

B, there’s a lot more to France than Paris. 

Archived