RMBJ

Israel Folau (Merged threads)

nrl and ARU banned him because they were scared of losing sponsors, not some moral stance on his beliefs.

the last nrl off season where we had so many off field stuff we lost around 10 million dollars in sponsorships and the game didnt want to go through more controversy 

Just now, Dave T said:

Owt wrong to redeem himself. 

How can you seek redemption when you yourself say you've done nothing wrong. 

This ain't a redemption story. 

again its a redemption of his rugby career.  thats what he does for a living.  hes getting another chance to make a go of it.

16 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

again its a redemption of his rugby career.  thats what he does for a living.  hes getting another chance to make a go of it.

You don't seem to be getting it - he was offered another chance by his last employer. He agreed to it. Then he went and said it all again. As others have rightly pointed out - he hasn't retracted, rescinded or even acknowledged that his comments might offend a sizeable demographic. The thoughts are all still there and the chance to be the person holding the microphone under his chin when it all spills out again will be a journalistic Holy Grail they will all be after. 

It's a lose/lose scenario for Catalans and Rugby League. This won't end well. 

Just now, RMBJ said:

You don't seem to be getting it - he was offered another chance by his last employer. He agreed to it. Then he went and said it all again. As others have rightly pointed out - he hasn't retracted, rescinded or even acknowledged that his comments might offend a sizeable demographic. The thoughts are all still there and the chance to be the person holding the microphone under his chin when it all spills out again will be a journalistic Holy Grail they will all be after. 

It's a lose/lose scenario for Catalans and Rugby League. This won't end well. 

Are you a mind reader ?

How do you know he will repeat his comments 

I don't know how much you know about rugby league

But Catalans had a chance to.get a fantastic player very cheaply it's just good.business 

Lenghan himself said they looked at him.and had no cap space 

I.dont think Catalans owe the other clubs much after the defending cc champions were asked to pay a bond of 500k.to.defend their title 

What a joke that was 

I hope.folau helps.them win lots and lots of.games.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

That's not what redemption means. He doesn't believe there was an error. A resurrection perhaps, but not redemption.

• Like 2

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Are you a mind reader ?

I don't know how much you know about rugby league

But Catalans had a chance to.get a fantastic player very cheaply it's just good.business 

Lenghan himself said they looked at him.and had no cap space 

I.dont think Catalans owe the other clubs much after the defending cc champions were asked to pay a bond of 500k.to.defend their title 

What a joke that was 

I know because every time he gets near a journalist - and many of them won't be RL journalists - he will be asked what he thinks will happen to homosexuals when they die or variations of that question. And he will tell them.

Just now, RMBJ said:

I know because every time he gets near a journalist - and many of them won't be RL journalists - he will be asked what he thinks will happen to homosexuals when they die or variations of that question. And he will tell them.

You know  he can say no comment ? 

Or just not do any interviews 

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Are you a mind reader ?

Nobody knows the future.

They can predict it though based on past discretions. That's why employers look at references.

4 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

If it ultimately costs them money and bad publicity through loss of sponsors, it won't be good then. Not saying it will, but there's a reason why do many other clubs didn't touch him, and him being not good enough at rugby wasn't one of them.

6 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

What a joke that was 

Were they asked to by the other clubs? Or by the RFL?

7 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Is that because you're a fan of Catalans or a fan of discrimination?

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

You know  he can say no comment ? 

Or just not do any interviews 

Then why hasn't he done that several times in the past?

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Nobody knows the future.

They can predict it though based on past discretions. That's why employers look at references.

If it ultimately costs them money and bad publicity through loss of sponsors, it won't be good then. Not saying it will, but there's a reason why do many other clubs didn't touch him, and him being not good enough at rugby wasn't one of them.

Were they asked to by the other clubs? Or by the RFL?

Is that because you're a fan of Catalans or a fan of discrimination?

Yes

Edited by aj1908
  • Confused 1

Then why hasn't he done that several times in the past?

Why hasn't he commented in the past two weeks since he's been signed 

7 minutes ago, RMBJ said:

Which tells us more about journalists than Israel Folau 

• Like 2

Who's interviewed him?

Well hopefully he will have been ' primed ' with a simple " no comment " 

What are you saying yes to?

You work it out.  Some of those questions were ridiculous.

We can't predict the future but his past actions show he will repeat himself.  

You seem to know a lot about how he thinks 

I.think he would be stupid to repeat His comments but you and others seem very confident how he will act in the future 

Since you are such an expert on the future can you please tell me the lotto numbers thanks 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Well hopefully he will have been ' primed ' with a simple " no comment " 

He thinks he is a conduit for the word of God. Why would he think he can't comment given that accreditation? 

1 minute ago, RMBJ said:

The hope over expectation gambit really isn't a great way to run any enterprise.

Maybe you should be running Les Catalans instead of wasting your many talents posting on here 

Clearly you know more about running a club than gausch does 

Just now, RMBJ said:

He thinks he is a conduit for the word of God. Why would he think he can't comment given that accreditation? 

Maybe because his boss has asked him to ? 

Many people who are put in prison come out without feeling sorry for what they did yet are still let back into society.

However you can't really blame them for the sentence they got; that is what the authorities decided their offence warranted and any complaints should therefore be made to them and not the person themself.

Therefore, Falou was given a "sentence" by the Australian Rugby Union authorities and was then allowed to get a job within the jurisdiction of the RFL.

So whether or not he feels sorry for his comments, he has "served his sentence" and has been given a job by a new employer. Therefore any complaints should be made to them and not to Falou himself.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Maybe because his boss has asked him to ? 

Much like his last boss did.