Sign in to follow this  
Hela Wigmen

Betting Thread

10 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

Nothing stands out today. The army ha have got a 48-point head start on Rochdale and I’d be surprised if they didn’t cover it. The army lads will be fit and well drilled. Rochdale should win but I can’t see them winning by 48. 

Well done, that was a good selection.

I'd be interested in your selections each week please.

Yesterday I followed the Sporting life tipster who persuaded me Wales would cover -5, but in the first minute France won a turnover in such a way I knew they were up for the game. 

The real bad gamble , purely on the odds offered is the national lottery . The chance of getting 3 balls correct is 97-1 , for your £2 you get £30 quid , odds of 14-1 .Daylight robbery ........Back in the day we had a syndicate at work , we got 5 numbers , the odds of getting 5 numbers was around 1,000,000 -1 back then , we got £2,000 between 10 of us , never bought a lottery ticket since .

Landed a nice double last night:

Leeds to beat Warrington at 6/5

Norwich City to beat Leicester City at 4.3/1 (enhanced price)

£10 stake returns £94

(I cashed out on £82 with around 5 mins to go and Leicester threatening to score)

• Like 1

Nice one. Doubles and trebles are the way forward. These mugs putting on 9 team accumulators are just throwing their money away.

Very surprising to see York +2 at Halifax tomorrow. York finished third last season and after two tough games away to Leigh and Toulouse really found their form last week beating London Broncos. Halifax lost to Dewsbury in their last home game. Halifax are solid but York are very good. I was expecting York -6 so a 2-point head start is worth a bet for me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

Nice one. Doubles and trebles are the way forward. These mugs putting on 9 team accumulators are just throwing their money away.

Very surprising to see York +2 at Halifax tomorrow. York finished third last season and after two tough games away to Leigh and Toulouse really found their form last week beating London Broncos. Halifax lost to Dewsbury in their last home game. Halifax are solid but York are very good. I was expecting York -6 so a 2-point head start is worth a bet for me. 

York seem a good pric efron your reasoning. 

What about Batley at 2/1 tomorrow?

Not sure how many start they get. 

Will take Moscow01s advice maybe do York (+2) , Barrow (-2) , and Oldham (+16) with Skybet , and then have a look in the shops to see what else crops up .

Odds for the League 1 games just released on Skybet. Barrow -2 and North Wales +8 look the pick. 

Edited by Moscow01
  • Like 1

Got £5 in bet credits for being a ‘loyal customer’.

Having a punt to nothing on Ighalo to be booked at 9/1 in Derby vs Man Utd FA Cup tie tonight.

Read some rationale about the choice of official, his previous record for Watford and in China in terms of fouls committed and that Derby at home won’t rollover.

We shall see.

What will happen to the regular season top tryscorer bets now? Hoping for a refund with grace and naulogo doing poorly!!

Well the French are starting Horse Racing again today, behind closed doors, with a 10 race meeting at Longchamp. As per rules any horse that I bet on will take no chances on social distancing and remain grimly at the rear.

Sky Racing ch415 from 0930BST

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Quite like my French Racing , Pierre Charles Boudot is a class jockey , as is Michael Barzalona especially when he rides the Godolphin horses when they get going .

Racing starting on June 1 but betting shops remaining closed is gonna be another big financial hit to the industry . Lots of people like me don’t have an online account ( and aren’t gonna get one ) so that’s a bit rubbish . Gonna have to go back to the old days of people running books...!

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DavidM said:

Racing starting on June 1 but betting shops remaining closed is gonna be another big financial hit to the industry . Lots of people like me don’t have an online account ( and aren’t gonna get one ) so that’s a bit rubbish . Gonna have to go back to the old days of people running books...!

I have 2 accounts now David, but I am extremely disciplined. I only bet on tv races. I was cautious but it is one of the best decisions i made to bet online. I wish I had done so earlier.

Stakes can be very small.

I use a system of betting if a horse is Top rated and a market mover. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1