Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

That is a lot of money for a sports ticket.

Good luck though!

This was the 2019 plan ... you need Cat 4 and above to really see anything TBH.

18514s.gif?resize=670,360&ssl=1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

True, I’ve been to four games in America in my life.

Wrigley Field (good atmosphere for a night game during Sammy Sosa’s HR period), but we didn’t have fantastic views.

Fenway Park (again good atmosphere for a night game to see Roger Clemens although we couldn’t get a good view of the pitching duel).

The now defunct Kingdome in Seattle for a night game (great atmosphere as Ken Griffey Jr put on a top display against Cecil Fielder and the Tigers) - luckily we got good views of some home runs.

And finally Tampa Bay at their home ballpark which was disappointing in every way.

• 1 month later...

Changed a bit since I was there but it’s a superb place and, of course, a magnificent bit of filmmaking.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, MattSantos said:

I'm enjoying the playoffs, but Christ it's slow isn't it.

Always slows down in October.

• 5 months later...

Up early today, so watched some free stuff on MLB.com

Great video explaining this season's rule changes: there are three.  

The video explained them all: the what and the why, in summary and in detail.

My point? Maybe the RFL could copy the idea and produce an engaging video explaining our rule changes, or explaining controversial rules such as tackle count restart.

Take a look at MLB.com for yourselves.

• Like 1

It would be very helpful to do in RL - as would having the tannoy announce what a decision was, in the same way as they do in American Football.

• Like 1

I put a tenner on a Padres-Angels World Series in effect and even after one game I can feel the Angels will let me down big time.

Not as bad a start as the Mets have had though losing their star closer to a World Baseball Classic victory celebration gone awry and also Justin Verlander looking to have an injury too.

Did manage to catch Judge fill all us non-Yankee fans with dread again, a homer on his first at bat against the Giants on opening day.

White Sox at Astros being repeated now on BT Sport, Mets vs Marlins live on BT Sport tonight late on.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

I don't think you can easily watch KBO in the UK any more, which is a shame. Same with the CPBL which is proper fun but now paywalled.

• 1 month later...
On 04/08/2022 at 20:58, Gerrumonside ref said:

Cubs to play the Cardinals in a two game series at the London stadium next year:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/baseball/62425930

"We hope that this series not only excites and entertains but brings more international sports fans to the game we all love."

What sort of attitude is that? They come over here with their fancy ideas ...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This weekend at the London Stadium. On TV, too, I think. Apparently (claim) sold out both days.

Don't miss MLB World Tour: London Series 2023!

Tickets for St. Louis Cardinals versus Chicago Cubs are on sale now.

Don’t miss your chance to witness a huge weekend of world-class baseball action; tickets start from just £38* for children and £54* for adults.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/baseball/65952652

Edited by JohnM
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JohnM said:

This weekend at the London Stadium. On TV, too, I think. Apparently (claim) sold out both days.

Don’t miss your chance to witness a huge weekend of world-class baseball action; tickets start from just £38* for children and £54* for adults.

I'll be there.

Other sports taking my £ rather than the rugby.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

BBC coverage. Not sure if that's a main channel as well as the iPlayer.

Jimmy Anderson and Nathan Lyon throwing out the first pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

I'll be there.

Other sports taking my £ rather than the rugby.

I couldn't make the practicalities work for me but the set-up looks amazing. Not sure if the Cardinals are doing the same but the Cubs are doing 2 days of build up across London beforehand with players and broadcasters being available for public meet n greets etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know anything about baseball but i did see a clip of Ira Kaplan the lead singer of Yo La Tengo (a band that i love) starting off a match in New York. They are huge baseball fans. I think it was the NY Mets, but i haven’t a clue who they played or if they won. 

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

I don’t know anything about baseball but i did see a clip of Ira Kaplan the lead singer of Yo La Tengo (a band that i love) starting off a match in New York. They are huge baseball fans. I think it was the NY Mets, but i haven’t a clue who they played or if they won. 

get yersel on YouTube. LOTS of baseball stuff there: rules, best plays, biff  n all!