Word changes

One for John Drake here. Can you tell me why, when I type f l a t c a p p e r (without spaces) on this forum it appears as "fervent traditionalist"?

I don't know if there are any other words that are similarly affected.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Its true!

To the lexicon !!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

One for John Drake here. Can you tell me why, when I type f l a t c a p p e r (without spaces) on this forum it appears as "fervent traditionalist"?

I don't know if there are any other words that are similarly affected.

Because it was often used as an insult I'd guess it's on the 'sweary word' list that changes anything offensive to something less so?

38 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Because it was often used as an insult I'd guess it's on the 'sweary word' list that changes anything offensive to something less so?

I suppose that you could be right but I have never used or intended it as an insult. If it was taken as such then my sincere apologies.

14 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Can we have “anti-expansionist” changed ...

There’s no such person as an anti-expansionist: it’s a term used as a deflection. If you listen to real people, you would find that all those interested enough in rugby league to talk about it would genuinely like to see the game played in as many locations as possible.

There are those who suspect that over-reaching can be a problem, and that caution is required when using limited resources, but it’s disappointing that someone would find entertainment in creating a term of abuse for them.

1 hour ago, Cerulean said:

There’s no such person as an anti-expansionist: it’s a term used as a deflection. If you listen to real people, you would find that all those interested enough in rugby league to talk about it would genuinely like to see the game played in as many locations as possible.

There are those who suspect that over-reaching can be a problem, and that caution is required when using limited resources, but it’s disappointing that someone would find entertainment in creating a term of abuse for them.

Nah there genuinely are people who don't think new teams belong, wherever they're from, or that Catalans should be allowed in the league for example. 

10 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Nah there genuinely are people who don't think new teams belong, wherever they're from, or that Catalans should be allowed in the league for example. 

Or even London. I remember it well, too far away, Richard Branson, Harlequins ad infinitum 

1 minute ago, John Rhino said:

Or even London. I remember it well, too far away, Richard Branson, Harlequins ad infinitum 

Its an anti growth and reductive position symptomatic of small minded folk. I saw a comment on a Toronto story on Facebook that genuinely suggested Super League should be a "mainly north west competition". If Yorkshire is expansion to some people there's no hope

16 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Its an anti growth and reductive position symptomatic of small minded folk ....

Deep contempt being symptomatic of a large and open mind, I suppose.

I've spent decades immersed in small town rugby league, and not seen what you have seen. I don't suppose I've looked as hard as you.

19 minutes ago, Cerulean said:

Deep contempt being symptomatic of a large and open mind, I suppose.

I've spent decades immersed in small town rugby league, and not seen what you have seen. I don't suppose I've looked as hard as you.

I was in the gym in Wakefield the day after Catalans won the cup final when a bloke made that comment about it being wrong that they were even in the league nevermind the cup. I see Facebook comments all the time saying similar things.

I'm glad you've never come across it.

14 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I was in the gym in Wakefield the day after Catalans won the cup final when a bloke made that comment about it being wrong that they were even in the league nevermind the cup. I see Facebook comments all the time saying similar things.

I'm glad you've never come across it.

Was he a small stocky fellow called Danny? 

Archived