Touch/Tag Rugby League TTRL

5 hours ago, jacobus said:

Thats great that is but I got bored with my local Touch side after 10 years as it became to serious and obsessed with the next level and by the time they say up 2 different sessions with one social and one for tactics etc for local trials half the members had left sadly.

I looked at the 2touch site and doesn't seem to be any clubs in the heartland ?

I 100% get that. 

We are working hard to bring a pathway in so that players who want structure and competitive matches along with those who just want to throw a ball around before a pint. 

Tough balance. 

• Like 1

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

15 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Heard that TTR is starting a new tag league in Brighton this year.

More Southerners playing a form of RL (TTR is affiliated to the RFL) can only be a good thing.

Think they were previously playing x league there. I'd say Brighton is a perfect fit for Tag Rugby and would expect it to be very successful. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I really want to have a go at Tag Rugby to help with my fitness as Im not getting any younger - I am looking at maybe trying a TTR taster session in Kirkstall.

I haven't played proper rugby for a fair few years and I wouldn't say Im very fit but have some core rugby skills I think, do you think Ill be OK - as in if I can't keep up is it an issue, id hate to look like a prize idiot if Im knackered after 10 minutes 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

I really want to have a go at Tag Rugby to help with my fitness as Im not getting any younger - I am looking at maybe trying a TTR taster session in Kirkstall.

I haven't played proper rugby for a fair few years and I wouldn't say Im very fit but have some core rugby skills I think, do you think Ill be OK - as in if I can't keep up is it an issue, id hate to look like a prize idiot if Im knackered after 10 minutes 🙂

You won’t be knackered and you’ll be fine. Good luck with the taster session, you’ll love it 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

You won’t be knackered and you’ll be fine. Good luck with the taster session, you’ll love it 👍

Cheers, I think ill give it a go

I probably will be knackered though 🙂

Just another point I think Kirkstall is Grass do will i need some proper boots?

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 23:58, Man of Kent said:

Heard that TTR is starting a new tag league in Brighton this year.

More Southerners playing a form of RL (TTR is affiliated to the RFL) can only be a good thing.

Where I live up here on the mid-north coast of N.S.W., our group (Group 3) was considered a leader in introducing League Tag for the women, ironically, they`re having a hard time getting numbers for some of the clubs this year, because now that they`ve introduced a tackle comp all the girls in the League Tag teams want to play tackle. 

The Group president was on the news recently calling out for girls for the League Tag, what it does show though, it does appear to be a pathway through to the tackle game and apart from the engagement with the sport as a whole angle, that`s what ultimately would be ideal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 06/02/2023 at 13:58, Man of Kent said:

(TTR is affiliated to the RFL) can only be a good thing.

What exactly is TTR please?

(Am just interested in what game is specifically affiliated to the RFL as per your post).

Thanks

Edited by Madrileño
Got it: it appears to be Try Tag Rugby. I see it carries the OurLeague logo

18 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

What exactly is TTR please?

(Am just interested in what game is specifically affiliated to the RFL as per your post).

Thanks

Try Tag Rugby, yes.

Six tags, play-the-balls, ruck markers, grubbers, middles, wings etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Highly rated Gold Coast teenager Keano Kini made his debut at Magic Round.

"I signed Keano when he was 15 after watching him play in a league tag tournament in Auckland," Titans recruitment manager Ezra Howe told AAP.

Funny enough his mum said, 'Don't you want to see him make a tackle?' I said, 'No, we'll teach him how to tackle'," Howe said.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2023 at 16:30, Man of Kent said:

Try Tag Rugby, yes.

Six tags, play-the-balls, ruck markers, grubbers, middles, wings etc. 

I would love to try that but there is none in the North East as used to Touch for years but then it changed and become too serious and the fun went out of it.

21 minutes ago, EggFace said:

I would love to try that but there is none in the North East as used to Touch for years but then it changed and become too serious and the fun went out of it.

I’m sure there will be one day. I know for a fact they have been looking at setting up a league in Newcastle.

It’s a brilliant game. 

• Like 2