Jump to content

What are the credit ratings of the SL applicants


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confidentiality? If he's found out by doing  a spot of investigative journalism he can post. Up to them to secure their docs & records properly. Not Joe public. 

Of hes done it through his employers systems / infos he could run into trouble with his employers though if they found out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’ve had a quick look at a couple this morning. Bradford’s is incredible when you consider they’re in with a chance of a place in Super League. 

I have a friend who has, as a key part of their job, to give feedback to students on their first attempts at proper essays.

She has developed a love for the word 'remarkable' in being able to convey that something is possibly unique, challenging, innovative but also really, really, really, really wrong.

Would the word 'remarkable' apply to the fact that an outfit with such a credit rating is, according to media sources, the frontrunner?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I have a friend who has, as a key part of their job, to give feedback to students on their first attempts at proper essays.

She has developed a love for the word 'remarkable' in being able to convey that something is possibly unique, challenging, innovative but also really, really, really, really wrong.

Would the word 'remarkable' apply to the fact that an outfit with such a credit rating is, according to media sources, the frontrunner?

Yes, very much so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

It’s the lowest of the bidders I can see How do you rate Leigh’s which seems to be the highest?

Yeah, the highest from the couple I searched this morning. Leigh are about as expected, really. For all the stick Beaumont gets, much of it because of his personality more than anything, he’s a business man and knows his stuff in that field and their accounts look to be improving as well, so given that and the fact they look, to me, to be ticking plenty of the criteria that has been laid out, I wouldn’t be upset to see them in Super League, though for my own selfish reasons, I’d rather go to Toulouse for a weekend than get the bus to Leigh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Yeah, the highest from the couple I searched this morning. Leigh are about as expected, really. For all the stick Beaumont gets, much of it because of his personality more than anything, he’s a business man and knows his stuff in that field and their accounts look to be improving as well, so given that and the fact they look, to me, to be ticking plenty of the criteria that has been laid out, I wouldn’t be upset to see them in Super League, though for my own selfish reasons, I’d rather go to Toulouse for a weekend than get the bus to Leigh. 

I would rather we had two tens with P&R that would have 2 more French clubs and TW in its mix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Which is essentially the thing you’re against if Super League push for this without your club involved. 

Not at all, if our bid was not in the T20 I would eat my own sheeite for a year We have 11 current SL clubs add to that Leigh York Bradford TO TW Fev Newcastle Widnes and another French club. You protect the foundations and engage in controlled expansion, 3 year licence and the objective of increasing not decreasing the structure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sweaty craiq said:

Not at all, if our bid was not in the T20 I would eat my own sheeite for a year We have 11 current SL clubs add to that Leigh York Bradford TO TW Fev Newcastle Widnes and another French club. You protect the foundations and engage in controlled expansion, 3 year licence and the objective of increasing not decreasing the structure

If Super League decided to pull up the drawbridge with twelve teams, taking a large chunk of the TV money, you’d be totally against it. You’re not against a very similar idea that changes very little at all in the game but your team would be in it, killing eighteen teams dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

If Super League decided to pull up the drawbridge with twelve teams, taking a large chunk of the TV money, you’d be totally against it. You’re not against a very similar idea that changes very little at all in the game but your team would be in it, killing eighteen teams dead.

Can you name any teams outside that 20 with the current support and finances needed to go FT and all other caveats that might be linked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

We haven’t got enough support or finances in place to get twenty teams to full-time, so it’s futile. 

Yet we are considering 5, plus Newcastle need it, TW were in it, Widnes have shown they can do it and Avignon have pulled some great gates for internationals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Credit ratings out of 100 and recommended supplier credit limits from a well known credit reference agency :-

Halifax  75  £4,200  Below Average Risk

Leigh  59   £8,100  Below Average Risk

York  45  £1,100   Above Average Risk

London  15  £0   Maximum Risk

Fev  12  £0   Maximum Risk

Bradford 7  £0  Maximum Risk

 

 

 

 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Credit ratings out of 100 and recommended supplier credit limits from a well known credit reference agency :-

Halifax  75  £4,200  Below Average Risk

Leigh  59   £8,100  Below Average Risk

York  45  £1,100   Above Average Risk

London  15  £0   Maximum Risk

Fev  12  £0   Maximum Risk

Bradford 7  £0  Maximum Risk

 

 

 

 

There’s also some unsatisfied CCJ’s against Bradford, too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

There’s also some unsatisfied CCJ’s against Bradford, too. 

Yes but ultimately business credit ratings don’t mean that much except for bad debt insurance purposes. They don’t always indicate the true health of a business and of course don’t take into account the private wealth of the owners.

For example, Workington Town have a rating of 83, a recommended credit limit of £15,000 and are classed as Low Risk. Better than any of the SL contenders and actually better than some SL clubs ! But as a supplier would you give them more credit than Leigh ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Derwent said:

Yes but ultimately business credit ratings don’t mean that much except for bad debt insurance purposes. They don’t always indicate the true health of a business and of course don’t take into account the private wealth of the owners.

For example, Workington Town have a rating of 83, a recommended credit limit of £15,000 and are classed as Low Risk. Better than any of the SL contenders and actually better than some SL clubs ! But as a supplier would you give them more credit than Leigh ?

Obviously a lot more to it than the score, I’d need to look at the accounts and make a rough guess of whether people would lend to them, I’d also need to know what they were asking for financially, too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Credit ratings out of 100 and recommended supplier credit limits from a well known credit reference agency :-

Halifax  75  £4,200  Below Average Risk

Leigh  59   £8,100  Below Average Risk

York  45  £1,100   Above Average Risk

London  15  £0   Maximum Risk

Fev  12  £0   Maximum Risk

Bradford 7  £0  Maximum Risk

 

 

 

 

remarkable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Derwent said:

Credit ratings out of 100 and recommended supplier credit limits from a well known credit reference agency :-

Halifax  75  £4,200  Below Average Risk

Leigh  59   £8,100  Below Average Risk

York  45  £1,100   Above Average Risk

London  15  £0   Maximum Risk

Fev  12  £0   Maximum Risk

Bradford 7  £0  Maximum Risk

 

 

 

 

Pretty much as I expected it. As a Fax fan its probably a good time to say what a fantastic job I think the people who have come in to the club lately have done. Hopefully the plans for rebranding can help kick start a new influx of fans and we can kick on from here.

Also to answer another question from earlier about how many teams from this league are in a position to step up, well Im sure if Halifax were given 1.5m in funding we could make a pretty decent job of it and im sure a number of teams from this level would do it as well. The lower SL teams are just the funding away from been Championship sides and vice versa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Pretty much as I expected it. As a Fax fan its probably a good time to say what a fantastic job I think the people who have come in to the club lately have done. Hopefully the plans for rebranding can help kick start a new influx of fans and we can kick on from here.

Also to answer another question from earlier about how many teams from this league are in a position to step up, well Im sure if Halifax were given 1.5m in funding we could make a pretty decent job of it and im sure a number of teams from this level would do it as well. The lower SL teams are just the funding away from been Championship sides and vice versa.

Being FT is critical

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...