Sign in to follow this  
welshmagpie

Mascord Brownz is no more...

In the northern hemisphere at least. 

I saw on social media recently that Steve Mascord has left the operation and Phil Browne will operate it solely from down under.

A big shame as they filled a definite gap in the market and every time I purchased something from them the service was superb.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That’s a shame. Not sure where I’ll get my Fiji shirt for the WC now, was going to get one as I’m going to two of their games. 

Hopefully the RLWC organisers will set up an online store stocking jerseys and off field kit for all 16 nations (imagine that!)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Hopefully the RLWC organisers will set up an online store stocking jerseys and off field kit for all 16 nations (imagine that!)

Honestly I think they should, but can’t see it happening. Loads of people would buy a Brazil ladies shirt for their bird too. 

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

In the northern hemisphere at least. 

I saw on social media recently that Steve Mascord has left the operation and Phil Browne will operate it solely from down under.

A big shame as they filled a definite gap in the market and every time I purchased something from them the service was superb.

I read a little of his life story a while back, he was a troubled dude for sure, correct me if I am wrong but didn`t he discover he was adopted late in life and went through all sorts of identity issues, I think he said that League had been his rock for nearly all his life, I hope everything works out for him, there is no doubt this Covid business has really tested a lot of people. It would be nice to be able to send him a cheerio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

That’s a shame. Not sure where I’ll get my Fiji shirt for the WC now, was going to get one as I’m going to two of their games. 

I would have thought there will be physical points of sale around WC time too, especially on matchday.

17 hours ago, Eddie said:

Honestly I think they should, but can’t see it happening. Loads of people would buy a Brazil ladies shirt for their bird too. 

Only if they are pigeon chested

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

On 04/12/2020 at 07:12, welshmagpie said:

I remember going to the Kangaroos v Fiji semi final in 2017 and there was the official merch shop there and they didn't sell Fiji jerseys.... Good old rugby league.

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, Celt said:

Judging by the reaction on here, you are about the only person who bought anything from him (unfortunately).

Probably goes a long way to explaining why it is shutting down.

I speak to both the owners fairly often. Steve's writing/promoting a new book and doesn't have the time. But as far as I know the business was/is going fine. Phill is going to continue I think but possibly under a new name. 

• Thanks 1

new rise.jpg