Wakefield Trinity plans submision

Again, that is not the point.

You said BV would never be completed - someone pointed out that "completed" is subjective and moving goal using Headingly as an example.

You are trying to be clever and failing.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone interested the plans submitted by Trinity to the LA for planning approval   https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=QKB7D2QQJOS00&ac

We were all told in 1998 to up grade our grounds, Fev did but Wakefield spent it on players, they won the GF and promised to do ground so they could stay in SL, the rest is history. 

Trevor Woodward was completely correct back in the late 70s to early 80s when he said a new ground at the yet to be developed land around what is now Pugneys. Unfortunately and like many clubs at

11 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

So Wakey are going for a new stand and hope that if and when ground criteria is brought into Super League that will good enough to let them keep their Super League status

I think you and others are missing the point. I really do hope that Wakey get a new ground and a refurbished Belle Vue, but it's not going to happen anytime soon

Ground criteria was brought in years ago when sky bought the game

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

HOPE being the key word here. I think i can add PROMISES to that as well because i have heard this for 20 years

I know you are trolling and I shouldn't bite, but hey ho!

As long as PP is granted, the demo & build will start at the end of the season.

The club have NEVER made any promises about ground developments; NEVER. Urban myth, pedalled by fools.

Every time the plans for a ground have failed, it has not been because of the club, but because of external actors - ironically including Caddick, who scuppered the Durkar build, by threatening YCC with legal action (he wouldn't have won legally, but neither WMDC, nor YCC could afford to be tied up in years and years of expensive legal blustering).

5 minutes ago, dboy said:

I know you are trolling and I shouldn't bite, but hey ho!

As long as PP is granted, the demo & build will start at the end of the season.

The club have NEVER made any promises about ground developments; NEVER. Urban myth, pedalled by fools.

Every time the plans for a ground have failed, it has not been because of the club, but because of external actors - ironically including Caddick, who scuppered the Durkar build, by threatening YCC with legal action (he wouldn't have won legally, but neither WMDC, nor YCC could afford to be tied up in years and years of expensive legal blustering).

It's not a urban myth and it's facts. 

Only fools believe that Wakey will be playing in a new ground or a refurned Belle Vue within 3 years

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

It's not a urban myth and it's facts. 

Only fools believe that Wakey will be playing in a new ground or a refurned Belle Vue within 3 years

Go on then - if it's a FACT, give a link to an actual PROMISE to build. You can't - it doesn't exist.

The failed attempts are something like:

Queen's Drive. Club never involved in any plans, Looked to have been developer-led rumours, trying to bump the price of their land (which was actually not suitable to build on).

Durkar - Mega plans for a double stadium, with YCC. Apparently a funded and ready to go project - scuppered by Caddick/LCC who knew the value of keeping international cricket in the city.

Thornes Park - WMDC pipe dream. Club were actually told to shelve their own BV plans, as this Sports Village was "a done deal".

Newmarket - WMDC screwed up the S106 allowing the developer to walk away from their obligations to build a new stadium. Club are the victims and Councillor Box has now moved on - happy days!

Refurbed BV (current plans) - well, developer has been tied to new obligations, but in return for building on the land set-aside for the new stadium at Newmarket (a trade-off). If WMDC have done their job right this time (enforceable S106), then we'll see...

The club DID say they would play TV games at Oakwell, if promoted to SL. They played there...(a bit)...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dboy said:

Go on then - if it's a FACT, give a link to an actual PROMISE to build. You can't - it doesn't exist.

The failed attempts are something like:

Queen's Drive. Club never involved in any plans, Looked to have been developer-led rumours, trying to bump the price of their land (which was actually not suitable to build on).

Durkar - Mega plans for a double stadium, with YCC. Apparently a funded and ready to go project - scuppered by Caddick/LCC who knew the value of keeping international cricket in the city.

Thornes Park - WMDC pipe dream. Club were actually told to shelve their own BV plans, as this Sports Village was "a done deal".

Newmarket - WMDC screwed up the S106 allowing the developer to walk away from their obligations to build a new stadium. Club are the victims and Councillor Box has now moved on - happy days!

Refurbed BV (current plans) - well, developer has been tied to new obligations, but in return for building on the land set-aside for the new stadium at Newmarket (a trade-off). If WMDC have done their job right this time (enforceable S106), then we'll see...

The club DID say they would play TV games at Oakwell, if promoted to SL. They played there...(a bit)...

Check the 1998 versions of the Rugby League trade papers they are probably online 

They played at Oakwell once in front of the TV cameras

You check!

You're the one claiming the club promised something they didn't!

You give the evidence!!

EDIT: Ok, go on then, I'll check>

EDIT 2: Yeah I've checked - the club are not on record as promising to build a new ground>

Edited by dboy
8 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

We played at Oakwell in front of the TV cameras, we beat Saints it was a good game. 

Up the Trin 

Once. Despite telling the RFL you would play TV games there.

That my friend is why nobody of even average intelligence is being sucked in with these building plans

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

That my friend is why nobody of even average intelligence is being sucked in with these building plans

I wouldn’t waste your time pal, they’re blatantly ignoring what actually happened. 

• Like 1

Don't try and deflect.

You made the bold claim that it was a documented promise of the club to build a new ground.

Still waiting for you to evidence this.

Whether the new plans come to fruition remains to be seen, but if they don't, it isn't because of anything this current board is or isn't doing.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Wakefield did promise to build a new stadium upon promotion to SL in 1998. The proposal was to play TV games at Oakwell.

This is not a myth, only a ‘fool’ thinks otherwise. 

Show us where this promise to build was made.

1 minute ago, dboy said:

Show us where this promise to build was made.

I will. I have the actual copy of it somewhere in my house. I read it, I know what it said. When I find it, I’ll scan it and put a copy of it on here. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, dboy said:

Don't try and deflect.

You made the bold claim that it was a documented promise of the club to build a new ground.

Still waiting for you to evidence this.

Whether the new plans come to fruition remains to be seen, but if they don't, it isn't because of anything this current board is or isn't doing.

Yeah that’s handy. This way, when  it doesn’t happen, they can in future blame someone in the past and claim that *this* time it’s for real, straight up guv. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

I will. I have the actual copy of it somewhere in my house. I read it, I know what it said. When I find it, I’ll scan it and put a copy of it on here. 

Does it state where this proposed stadium was going to be built?  Or was it along the lines of we are looking to build a new stadium. 

1 minute ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Does it state where this proposed stadium was going to be built?  Or was it along the lines of we are looking to build a new stadium. 

It doesn't matter they PROMISED the RFL they would build a new stadium

You do know what the word PROMISE means don't you?

2 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Even if it was as vague as that, it’s still a claim to build a new stadium. From over 22 years ago. That’s some progress they’ve made. 
But it’s just us being sceptical. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Yeah that’s handy. This way, when  it doesn’t happen, they can in future blame someone in the past and claim that *this* time it’s for real, straight up guv. 

It's funny and sad at the same time that Wakey fans struggle with truth about promises made by their club to build a new stadium

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Not sucking anyone in, just submitted detailed planning to improve Belle Vue and some RL fans of other clubs are getting upset about it.  

Up the Trin