Wakefield Trinity plans submision

1 hour ago, Forever Trinity said:

For anyone interested the plans submitted by Trinity to the LA for planning approval

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=QKB7D2QQJOS00&activeTab=summary

Hope they manage to get it done this time 

I know they get maligned but I quite like going to Belle Vue and Cas.... Those streets around the side of the ground at Cas make me feel like I'm in Cornonation street 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Hope they manage to get it done this time 

.... Those streets around the side of the ground at Cas make me feel like I'm in Cornonation street 

have never seen a bird like carla in cas - plenty of fizz's but no carla

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

For anyone interested the plans submitted by Trinity to the LA for planning approval

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=QKB7D2QQJOS00&activeTab=summary

It’s Groundhog Day!

Seriously though Wakey have an awesome core of fans who deserve better than the current slum, so I hope this time everything goes through and the bureaucrats and their cronies are not able to interfere.

• Like 2

There's a decent chance that this will actually get built this time but I really hope the north stand is renovated to a good standard and not just a case of filling the cracks in. 

Looking at the documents it seems the lower North Stand will remain the same but the upper will get new barriers and new food units.

Edited by fevtom
  • Like 2

Thanks for the update,genuinely hope it materialises.

With reduced funding,the only way to survive in SL in the medium term,will be to generate outside income.

Frankly,I've had more than enough of broken promises from Castleford,so I suspect they will end up in the Championship within 5/7 yrs. In the new regime,there wont be room for two clubs adjacent to one another.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cookey said:

With reduced funding,the only way to survive in SL in the medium term,will be to generate outside income.

Frankly,I've had more than enough of broken promises from Castleford,so I suspect they will end up in the Championship within 5/7 yrs. In the new regime,there wont be room for two clubs adjacent to one another.

5/7 yrs i may not live that long.

4 hours ago, fevtom said:

Does anyone know what the official capacity is now and what it's expected to be after this is completed?

Currently  7258 and will increase to 8866,  The capacity of the new stand will be 2507 and renovations to the North Stand will allow  that to function with a full capacity of 3500. There'll also be a permanent electronic display screen (scoreboard?) in the NW corner.

4 minutes ago, Rioman said:

Currently  7258 and will increase to 8866,  The capacity of the new stand will be 2507 and renovations to the North Stand will allow  that to function with a full capacity of 3500. There'll also be a permanent electronic display screen (scoreboard?) in the NW corner.

Does that mean people will still be staring a shins and kneecaps from the opposite side?

5 hours ago, cookey said:

So which one of Saint's, Wigan and Warrington do you want to keep?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

For those wishing to be serious, yes I get the joke, here are the plans in full.

From what I hear and see this one really does have legs and although I won't totally believe until the diggers are on site I'm optimistic.

It's very detailed to you'll need half an hour or so. Enjoy and fingers crossed.

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... 7D2QQJOS00

• 2 weeks later...

We can all play our own small part in helping Wakefield get this over the line! 

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/blog/2021/01/04/support-our-planning-submission/

This link is in the above article but for those who just want to go straight to adding support you can do so here: https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=QKB7D2QQJOS00

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

We can all play our own small part in helping Wakefield get this over the line! 

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/blog/2021/01/04/support-our-planning-submission/

This link is in the above article but for those who just want to go straight to adding support you can do so here: https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=QKB7D2QQJOS00

Done. 

• Like 1

For those who may have missed the subtleties of this thread - YOU can go on the planning portal and add a comment of support for the development.

All those people who (perhaps quite rightly), criticize the view, and amenities etc, saying what a horrible place to visit (or even better, you DON'T visit Wfd because the ground is sub-standard), here is your chance to do a little bit towards fixing those issues.

Or you can just keep complaining on rugby forums about it being substandard.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Who owns the now empty land between the stadium and road?

It seems to me that if the new stand (if it happens) can be moved 10 yards to the east, and the pitch similarly, then there's plenty of scope to develop the west terrace in the next phase (if...).

On 24/12/2020 at 16:22, fevtom said:

There's a decent chance that this will actually get built this time..

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

haha, oh mercy, good one 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sports Prophet said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

haha, oh mercy, good one 👍

🤣x1000

37 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Who owns the now empty land between the stadium and road?

It seems to me that if the new stand (if it happens) can be moved 10 yards to the east, and the pitch similarly, then there's plenty of scope to develop the west terrace in the next phase (if...).

The club own it, but the pitch isn't moving.

There is plenty of room inside the ground at the Western terrace - the issue is, it is locked in on the outside, with part of it's length nothing more than a 4 foot wide alley.