Wakefield Trinity plans submision

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone interested the plans submitted by Trinity to the LA for planning approval   https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=QKB7D2QQJOS00&ac

We were all told in 1998 to up grade our grounds, Fev did but Wakefield spent it on players, they won the GF and promised to do ground so they could stay in SL, the rest is history. 

Trevor Woodward was completely correct back in the late 70s to early 80s when he said a new ground at the yet to be developed land around what is now Pugneys. Unfortunately and like many clubs at

9 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It's funny and sad at the same time that Wakey fans struggle with truth about promises made by their club to build a new stadium

Most clubs have been economical with the truth at one time or another, but there’s no point in pretending these sporadic claims of stadium upgrade or a new stadium never existed. I don’t see why they are so defensive about it, it’s almost funny.

• Like 1

God.  It's like the playground of an Infants school. 🚼

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Most clubs have been economical with the truth at one time or another, but there’s no point in pretending these sporadic claims of stadium upgrade or a new stadium never existed. I don’t see why they are so defensive about it, it’s almost funny.

I think whats frighted the Wakey directors to come up with a few sketches on a sheet of A4 paper is that that London are moving to a new stadium and rightly wakey fear that they will lose their Super League  status and have gone down to the local nursery and got a kid to draw a sketch of a fantasy stadium.

Whether it was said or not is irrelevant. There are reason, mainly one, why the plans never moved on. It's not as if it isn't obvious to everyone BV is a dump. It isnt some master illusion that everyone can see it other than the RFL. They've had plenty of time to throw the club out if it really mattered. 

The point about Headingley was not to say BV was the equivalent, only someone trying to deflect the argument would say that. It was merely to point out even super league's most successful club, playing out of the biggest city in the division and after having 40m spent on it still isn't fully refurbished, but apparently Trinity have to fully refurbish BV to have satisfied the facilities box. 

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Whether it was said or not is irrelevant. There are reason, mainly one, why the plans never moved on. It's not as if it isn't obvious to everyone BV is a dump. It isnt some master illusion that everyone can see it other than the RFL. They've had plenty of time to throw the club out if it really mattered. 

The point about Headingley was not to say BV was the equivalent, only someone trying to deflect the argument would say that. It was merely to point out even super league's most successful club, playing out of the biggest city in the division and after having 40m spent on it still isn't fully refurbished, but apparently Trinity have to fully refurbish BV to have satisfied the facilities box. 

How about some decent development then? It’s not as if it’s changed significantly since Adam was a lad. Not asking for perfection, just some sort of progress. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I will. I have the actual copy of it somewhere in my house. I read it, I know what it said. When I find it, I’ll scan it and put a copy of it on here. 

Still waiting for your evidence.

35 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It doesn't matter they PROMISED the RFL they would build a new stadium

You do know what the word PROMISE means don't you?

You do know what EVIDENCE means don't you?

The club never made any such promise. It's made up.

They had desires, intentions, even hopes and dreams, but a promise to build was never at any point made to the RFL.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

How about some decent development then? It’s not as if it’s changed significantly since Adam was a lad. Not asking for perfection, just some sort of progress. 

You think us fans don't want that.

If you think you're frustrated, how do you think we feel???

1 minute ago, dboy said:

Still waiting for your evidence.

Lol ok champ,I’ll just turn the house upside down after a 12 hr shift. 😂

But listen, *I* didn’t publish the magazine, it was LPL. It’s out there.

And also, it’s no skin off my nose if Wakey play out of BV for another 100 years. I’m just saying what happened. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dboy said:

You think us fans don't want that.

If you think you're frustrated, how do you think we feel???

Lol I aren’t frustrated, I don’t particularly care. But right is right 

• Like 1

I recall the League Express, or some such, reporting the club will move/build/develop or whatever - we've been trying for a build for a lot longer than 22 years, but at no point did the club promise to build a new stadium if they were promoted.

That is the lie.

There's a litany of plans, aims and schemes that never happened, but there was never "let us in SL and we will build" promise.

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Lol ok champ,I’ll just turn the house upside down after a 12 hr shift. 😂

But listen, *I* didn’t publish the magazine, it was LPL. It’s out there.

And also, it’s no skin off my nose if Wakey play out of BV for another 100 years. I’m just saying what happened. 

If you hadn't put ten posts on the topic in the last hour you may have had time to find said article.😂

• Like 2
Just now, The Future is League said:

Wakey fans hate the truth coming out about the clubs porkies for the last 22years over a new ground

You are defo trolling. You're just repeating nonsense over and over, without a shred of evidence and we (particularly me), keep biting. I'm sure you are having a good chuckle.

Ball's in your court - back up your claims with more than hearsay, rumours or urban myths, or shut up.

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

No, it's Andy Wilson's words on ongoing plans from both Wakey and Cas.

Andy Wilson uses the words "Both clubs have been warned by the Rugby Football League that their places in the elite competition beyond 2011 will be at risk unless they make progress on ground developments after years of promises".

He was a journalist, not a spokesperson for either club.

3 hours ago, dboy said:

The BV pitch is already full-sized.

(are you just rubbing it in that certain others are less than that?)

A few years ago Belle Vue was illegally oversized and was shortened a few metres. 
Up to then it was the widest and longest Professional Rugby League pitch & when maintained properly its the best as well. 

I was having a friendly pop at Cas 

• Like 2
  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son