How much does it cost to kit out an entire RL team?

22 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah let’s castigate someone for wanting to fulfill an ambition and at the same time support his local RL team in a development area,how dare he.

exactly.. we ##### and moan about people not getting involved and then when they do we ##### and moan about what they offer. 

Perhaps a 2nd kit is not what the team need, but if that is where the conversation STARTS then whats wrong with that? it can then move to a longer conversation around why and what he/she is wanting to do and yes training kit/club social kit maybe where they end up and that might work for both parties. But if these people are too scared/are put off to ask then nothing ever happens and we end up in the spiral we are in. 

at a business level "no idea is a bad idea" should always be a mantra.. yes of course there are terrible ideas but give people the space to come out with them, investigate them and work out why they are a bad idea. By doing that they may see where to tweak a bad idea to make it a great idea, but if you just shut them down there will be great ideas you miss (I have loads of examples from my work life in processes). 

When i was at South London we had people stick their hands up to ask to do certain things, you never turned them down, you either said "we dont need that but if you fancy there is this you can do" or the person who was doing that job may have been a "clubman" who was happy to step aside and move to do something else that wasnt being done because they knew we needed bodies.. But never castigate someone for offering help ffs

Let these people talk to each other about the needs of the club and the person and we may have a nice club to look at in a few years. 

7 minutes ago, RP London said:

exactly.. we ##### and moan about people not getting involved and then when they do we ##### and moan about what they offer. 

Perhaps a 2nd kit is not what the team need, but if that is where the conversation STARTS then whats wrong with that? it can then move to a longer conversation around why and what he/she is wanting to do and yes training kit/club social kit maybe where they end up and that might work for both parties. But if these people are too scared/are put off to ask then nothing ever happens and we end up in the spiral we are in. 

at a business level "no idea is a bad idea" should always be a mantra.. yes of course there are terrible ideas but give people the space to come out with them, investigate them and work out why they are a bad idea. By doing that they may see where to tweak a bad idea to make it a great idea, but if you just shut them down there will be great ideas you miss (I have loads of examples from my work life in processes). 

When i was at South London we had people stick their hands up to ask to do certain things, you never turned them down, you either said "we dont need that but if you fancy there is this you can do" or the person who was doing that job may have been a "clubman" who was happy to step aside and move to do something else that wasnt being done because they knew we needed bodies.. But never castigate someone for offering help ffs

Let these people talk to each other about the needs of the club and the person and we may have a nice club to look at in a few years. 

Exactly,but unfortunately some RL fans are only too quick to criticise people willing to help whilst offering little themselves,worst case scenario here is a new amateur team gets some new kit and possibly a supporter.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Exactly,but unfortunately some RL fans are only too quick to criticise people willing to help whilst offering little themselves,worst case scenario here is a new amateur team gets some new kit and possibly a supporter.

And who knows in a years time they may be thankful for having a "2nd" kit if there is an influx of players and the 2nd team can play in it when the 1sts team dont need it.. these things can happen and can be bloody expensive and rushed!

10 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah let’s castigate someone for wanting to fulfill an ambition and at the same time support his local RL team in a development area,how dare he.

Its just odd, how many amateur teams have a second kit? Might as well sort them a second ground in case theres an issue with the first one..

I know I sound harsh but if I were the local club I would run a mile

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Its just odd, how many amateur teams have a second kit? Might as well sort them a second ground in case theres an issue with the first one..

I know I sound harsh but if I were the local club I would run a mile

NCL teams require an away kit so there’s 40-odd

Number of kit suppliers have option on their sites to design your own kit and they'll then quote you a price. May take longer as it's custom made but last time I looked it was around 6-8 weeks. 

If the club has already decided on a kit then how about the options of tracksuits/warm up shirts/jackets/polos etc? Sure any new club would welcome a volunteer to help with open arms. Ignore the nay sayers on here and offer your services, even if you think they may be limited, every pair of hands helps lighten the load, especially at a new club.

PS Really cheap option is look at likes of Sports Direct/M & M/Lovell and their clearance offers as seen playing shirts on there from £8 upwards. Would need numbers etc adding but for club on tight budget means playing shirts for around £12 once numbered. (Though do buy more than just 17 in case of rippage etc)

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

20 hours ago, yipyee said:

Didnt know that!

Fair enough then.

Still seems odd though

The NCL require all clubs to have an away kit in case of colour clashes. This is unlike the rule for all other community sides where the home club has to find a different strip in the event of a clash. Colours are checked pre match.

The reason for this rule is that NCL clubs are normally sponsored for their kits and it is only right that those sponsors get their  advertisement locally when their side plays at home. 

NCL obtained a sponsorship package from Rhino whereby all 1st team sides got them free. That deal had strings and has probably now run its course but block offers to any supplier  from organised leagues still presents opportunity.

Other posters on here have referenced suppliers and they are all good. You can get a strip of your choice ( you design it yourself on line ) for approx 1k.

Get a tax paying business sponsor if you can. They can reclaim the VAT and deduct the costs from their tax returns - a much cheaper alternative than the club having to find it from subs. And that business will achieve bonus points when it comes to supporting local initiatives with the Government and Local Authority....something to do with social conscience / involvement and all that.....

Archived