Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 01/06/2021 at 17:16, Pulga said:

I did basically the whole of Queensland in November last year. I live 30 minutes from the NSW border and finished up at Port Douglas. 

Port Douglas was really nice, as was Yeppoon but Airlie Beach had to be the best spot. Really beautiful. 

Maybe I set my expectations too high but Magnetic Island was a let down. The Jonathan Thurston statue was the highlight for me in the Townsville region.

I’d rate Magnetic over Yeppoon & Airlie but personal preference and all that. I always loved the Townsville region for a getaway.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leigh Sports Village on a Wednesday.  Winner.

Isn’t this a general forum, rather than Uk? Like it or not, SOO is the biggest RL game in the world. 

So, you would rather watch a game between Aussie amateurs than Aussie professionals, is basically what you are telling us. 

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

That will look terrific when it's finished. 

Seeing your comment jogged something in my memory, I think the design of the exterior cladding and perhaps even the shape of the curve of the roof is meant to represent the skin and shape of a crocodile.

Lying next to the river is certainly appropriate.

I went to the famous Daintree River rainforest once, you cross the river to get there by car ferry, there wasn`t a croc in sight, I said to the Ferry pilot " you can`t tell me I couldn`t jump in there have a quick swim and get out" (it was hot), he said to me " go on then, see what happens", the tone of his voice made me decide against it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2021 at 09:11, jim_57 said:

I’d rate Magnetic over Yeppoon & Airlie but personal preference and all that. I always loved the Townsville region for a getaway.

 

16 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I went to the famous Daintree River rainforest once, you cross the river to get there by car ferry, there wasn`t a croc in sight, I said to the Ferry pilot " you can`t tell me I couldn`t jump in there have a quick swim and get out" (it was hot), he said to me " go on then, see what happens", the tone of his voice made me decide against it.

There was a 7 News item posted on YouTube yesterday about a 4m long croc floating in the sea off Farnborough beach near Yeppoon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoulda been in New Caledonia 🇳🇨 to help French RL.

Otherwise it’s just an insular match that is successful and should be scrapped for the benefit of England et al.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Seeing your comment jogged something in my memory, I think the design of the exterior cladding and perhaps even the shape of the curve of the roof is meant to represent the skin and shape of a crocodile.

Lying next to the river is certainly appropriate.

I went to the famous Daintree River rainforest once, you cross the river to get there by car ferry, there wasn`t a croc in sight, I said to the Ferry pilot " you can`t tell me I couldn`t jump in there have a quick swim and get out" (it was hot), he said to me " go on then, see what happens", the tone of his voice made me decide against it.

I also didn't see any crocs at all on my trip up there. Nor a cassowary. Pretty disappointed.

new rise.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pulga said:

I also didn't see any crocs at all on my trip up there. Nor a cassowary. Pretty disappointed.

I did see something I was pretty sure were croc footprints on a deserted beach up there though, that was a bit unnerving. A couple of other things that stick in the memory, plants I had been struggling to grow as indoor plants  in Sydney for years, grow on the side of the road up there, thrive in fact, and on my trip I went up the coast road on the trip north and in-land on the way back south, you see a whole different range of road-kill on the two journeys.🥴

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

A story yesterday on ABC about the classification of the "River Boss" giant croc. Apparently these are extinct but roamed the waterways of SEQ millions of years ago and were the indigenous Australian crocs. A museum bloke claimed the species of croc currently menacing the unsuspecting in Straya originates in Africa. 

I`ve always regarded crocs as comical. I think it`s because their teeth remind me of Muttley in Wacky Races. They`re probably not a barrel of laughs if you get too close.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...