10. Garratt
11. Knowles
12. Tomlinson
13. Finn
14. Speakman
15. Hall
16. Hawksworth
17. Lewis Carr

My reasoning.....Sykes has played centre for a lot of his career and at the top level. Annakin is as strong as an ox and runs the ball in well. Just whats needed in the front row. Finn is too slow at 7 but a ball handling loose forward can only add an added dimension. Butterworth is nippy and can play 7. Him and Smith could be the pairing for the future

12 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Does anyone know what's happened to Jason Walton? 

He is currently unavailable for selection due to illness.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

My choice, assuming all players are fit:

1 Fleming

2 Gabriel

3 Dixon

4 Oakes

5 Carr

6 Martin

7 Speakman

8 Magrin

9 Day

10 Garratt

11 Knowles

12 Tomlinson

13 Sykes

14 Butterworth 

15 Smith

16 Esslemont

17 Hall

I cannot decide which of the two for left wing. 
I’d like to see Sykes at LF as I am sure he has all the attributes for that position. 
Mar(tin could enjoy life as a no. 6 and it’s not an odd position for him and with Speakman as his partner, I reckon we’d have a lively partnership. 
I would want Hall to prove that he has the mindset to ensure his fitness is sustained before selecting him as first choice prop. 
For me, Annakin had been a big disappointment. I have yet to notice any meaningful move with the ball and were  he to improve, I’d look to have his as a candidate for the no. 13 shirt. 

Edited to reflect two who will not be fit for that match. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

40 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

My choice, assuming all players are fit:

1 Fleming

2 Gabriel

3 Ryder

4 Oakes

5 Carr/Dixon

6 Martin

7 Speakman

8 Magrin

9 Day

10 Garratt

11 Knowles

12 Walton

13 Sykes

14 Butterworth 

15 Smith

16 Esslemont

17 Hall

I cannot decide which of the two for left wing. 
I’d like to see Sykes at LF as I am sure he has all the attributes for that position. 
Mar(tin could enjoy life as a no. 6 and it’s not an odd position for him and with Speakman as his partner, I reckon we’d have a lively partnership. 
I would want Hall to prove that he has the mindset to ensure his fitness is sustained before selecting him as first choice prop. 
For me, Annakin had been a big disappointment. I have yet to notice any meaningful move with the ball and were  he to improve, I’d look to have his as a candidate for the no. 13 shirt. 

Only two weeks away so assuming all players won’t be fit.  As such I’m going for League Converts team.  Looks interesting ….

15 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

1. Martin
2. Gabriel
3. Sykes
4. Flemming
5. Oakes
6. Smith
7. Butterworth
8. Annakin
9. Day
10. Garratt
11. Knowles
12. Tomlinson
13. Finn
14. Speakman
15. Hall
16. Hawksworth
17. Lewis Carr

My reasoning.....Sykes has played centre for a lot of his career and at the top level. Annakin is as strong as an ox and runs the ball in well. Just whats needed in the front row. Finn is too slow at 7 but a ball handling loose forward can only add an added dimension. Butterworth is nippy and can play 7. Him and Smith could be the pairing for the future

1 Martin

2 Gabriel

3 Fleming

4 Oakes

5 Carr

6 Sykes

7 Smith

8 Hawksworth

9 Day

10 Garratt

11 Knowles

12 Tomlinson

13 Annakin

14 Speakman

15 Hall

16 17 whoever's left not injured or we can get on loan.

Smith has looked useful but needs someone experienced with him. We need more variety on attack. 

Is it 2 down or just 1?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

25 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Is it 2 down or just 1?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Swinton are a strange side. They play some good football and always score a few points but they also go through poor spells in every match where they fall away badly. A strong well-organised defence will bottle them up and, with good ball retention (which we haven't seen recently) we would wear them down and tire them out.

I would definitely play Hall but off the bench: he has a bit of something to prove against them. I would also play Smith but he has combined better with Finn than he has with Sykes, for whatever reason. Annikin has been disappointing in some games, considering his reputation, but has improved considerably in recent appearances. For me our props have been under-performing - bags of effort and "go forward" but lacking that bit of spice that is required in this position; maybe, like our fans, this team is simply too nice?

20 minutes ago, phildog said:

What happened to your Widnes game today?

??

Widnes were supposed to be playing London. I think your calendar needs winding up.

Archived